Photo

26 Year Old Girl Post Bcp Regimen Log

birth control pill diane 35 acne regimen acne.org regimen hormonal acne cheek acne sensitive skin gluten makeup

63 replies to this topic

#41 thereisalwayshope

thereisalwayshope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 13
About Me
  • Interests:I love spending time with people I love. And i love clear skin :P

Achievements

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:58 PM

So once you get to that full BP, expect some bad conditions in your skin until after about a week, then things will be smooth.
I ordered some more BP because I know I am going through that stuff like crazy haha. Also what are you doing about SPF? Are you using it while you are on the regimen?

No SPF right now as I barely go in the sun, I don't know what I will do once I will need it. I've had such terrible experiences with SPF in the past I don't want to make my acne worse. Are you using any?

Check out my topics and see some of the answers people have given me in terms of when to expect results with the regimen.

I am also not using anything right now. However I did find a new one! It is Nutrogena Breakout Free sunscreen! And it is for acne prone skin and has been tested not to breakout you out. So once I am clear or clear enough I am going to start using it! Check it out!

And it dries and is matte so your skin is not slimy! I want to use it soon!

Edited by thereisalwayshope, 01 August 2012 - 11:10 AM.

#42 maybemonday

maybemonday

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:48 AM

Hmm I'm with you on the sugar thing, I have some days where I'm super bad and just eat cookies and within a few days my forehead breaks out. When I'm sick and just eat vegetable soup and crackers my skin actually clears up loads...might try cutting it out too! How's that going for you? Are you having withdrawal symptoms? I have such a sweet tooth I don't think I'll be able to give it up haaha

#43 joeyicecream

joeyicecream

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:56 PM

hi girls i just wanted to stop by say hello and share my experience on the regime with you. I had moderate to severe acne and tried basically everything, nothing worked. I went to the doctor to get a prescription for accutane he booked an appointment for me for the following week and told me to do some research on accutane. I was directed to this site by google, after reading a bunch of reviews on accutane as well as doing alot of research on dans regime I decided to hold off on accutane and give this regime a six month shot. No matter what happened i was going to stick it out six months. My complexion right now is basically perfect but the road to get here was so tough and so long. The first couple months on the regime was hell. My skin was red, purging, irritated, super dry and of course itchy. I wanted to quit so badly like SOOO BADLY but i just had this feeling in the pit of my stomach that this was going to work. After 3 months of the regime i could see alot of improvement in the fight against acne, my skin was still red and dry but there was definite improvment in that department as well. At the four to five month mark my skin was around 85 -95 % clear of acne ( my skin was really looking alot better). At five months i had no more redness but i still did have a minor bit of flakes during the day ( id carry an extra bottle of dans moisturizer in my back pack at school and usually put on like half a pump of moisturizer on half way through the day). After 6 months i was 100% clear with minor pimples every now and than. On my eighth month anniversary i remember getting up and looking in the mirror and in my opinion having perfect complexion. I thank myself everyday i stuck the regime out, the first bit of the regime was hell, an emotional rollercoaster but looking back it was so worth it. I wish i lived in san fransico just so i could run into dan, give him a big hug and say thank you.

Some tips that i picked up along the way

- Stop analyzing your face in the mirror like every hour hoping for an improvement it doesnt help matters or speed up the process.
- DO your best to not let your acne consume your mind all hours of the day. Read, listen to music, watch a movie, go for a run or like a million other things
- When i worked out i like to do it at night so after my work out i would wash my face and do the rest of the regime. I do not like to having sweat on my face for a long time.
- Fresh air, exercise, blanced diet, enough sleep, staying stress free as much as possible all help in getting clear and staying clear along with using the regime.

I really hope the regime works for you girls as well as it has worked for me.

#44 thereisalwayshope

thereisalwayshope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:28 PM

hi girls i just wanted to stop by say hello and share my experience on the regime with you. I had moderate to severe acne and tried basically everything, nothing worked. I went to the doctor to get a prescription for accutane he booked an appointment for me for the following week and told me to do some research on accutane. I was directed to this site by google, after reading a bunch of reviews on accutane as well as doing alot of research on dans regime I decided to hold off on accutane and give this regime a six month shot. No matter what happened i was going to stick it out six months. My complexion right now is basically perfect but the road to get here was so tough and so long. The first couple months on the regime was hell. My skin was red, purging, irritated, super dry and of course itchy. I wanted to quit so badly like SOOO BADLY but i just had this feeling in the pit of my stomach that this was going to work. After 3 months of the regime i could see alot of improvement in the fight against acne, my skin was still red and dry but there was definite improvment in that department as well. At the four to five month mark my skin was around 85 -95 % clear of acne ( my skin was really looking alot better). At five months i had no more redness but i still did have a minor bit of flakes during the day ( id carry an extra bottle of dans moisturizer in my back pack at school and usually put on like half a pump of moisturizer on half way through the day). After 6 months i was 100% clear with minor pimples every now and than. On my eighth month anniversary i remember getting up and looking in the mirror and in my opinion having perfect complexion. I thank myself everyday i stuck the regime out, the first bit of the regime was hell, an emotional rollercoaster but looking back it was so worth it. I wish i lived in san fransico just so i could run into dan, give him a big hug and say thank you.

- Stop analyzing your face in the mirror like every hour hoping for an improvement it doesnt help matters or speed up the process.
- DO your best to not let your acne consume your mind all hours of the day. Read, listen to music, watch a movie, go for a run or like a million other things
- When i worked out i like to do it at night so after my work out i would wash my face and do the rest of the regime. I do not like to having sweat on my face for a long time.
- Fresh air, exercise, blanced diet, enough sleep, staying stress free as much as possible all help in getting clear and staying clear along with using the regime.

Thank you so much for all your advise. I am so happy that The Regimen worked so great for you Posted Image

Edited by thereisalwayshope, 02 August 2012 - 08:28 PM.

#45 mystory

mystory

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:03 PM

Thank you so so much for sharing your story with us and taking the time to write it out.
It really gives me hope :)
It's just crazy that the skin takes so long to get used to BP... I'm scared to be damaging my skin in the mean time. Did you experience any wrinkles or drastic change in your "good" skin's appearance?

Also so sorry I've been MIA. I decided to stop taking pics of my skin on a daily basis as I kept zooming in on my problem areas and freaking out.

Here's my update: Day 18 (I think)

Mood: bleh... Posted Image

Left side: 1 new pimple 2 days ago and it dried out really fast
Right side: bumpy horrible area on cheek is less bumpy and less painful however still looks horrible. Also, I got 3 new pimples on the right between yesterday and today.
Overall skin: really dry and uncomfortable still. Still itchy and very flaky. I'm having a VERY hard time with makeup which makes me look like a reptile.

That's all for now folks

Goodnight
MS

#46 joeyicecream

joeyicecream

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 August 2012 - 03:31 PM

i have been on the regime for almost two years and no wrinkles or aging. My skin has definitely not been damaged at all by being on the regime for a long time.

#47 thereisalwayshope

thereisalwayshope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:55 PM

How is your skin doing? Mine as expected haha has had another bad breakout. Oh well. :)

#48 thereisalwayshope

thereisalwayshope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:31 PM

I posted a picture!!!! UGH! haha. even though my skin is breaking out like crazy.

#49 mystory

mystory

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:55 AM

How is your skin doing? Mine as expected haha has had another bad breakout. Oh well. Posted Image

Yup new breakouts today... I think my makeup is causing this to be honest.
I have to find new makeup which won't break me out. Any suggestions?

#50 thereisalwayshope

thereisalwayshope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:01 AM

How is your skin doing? Mine as expected haha has had another bad breakout. Oh well. Posted Image

Yup new breakouts today... I think my makeup is causing this to be honest.
I have to find new makeup which won't break me out. Any suggestions?

Yes! I wrote to your about it on your topic!

It is made for acne prone and sensitive skin!

#51 mystory

mystory

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:18 PM

OK computer is low battery so this will be a fast one.

3 WEEKS COMPLETED
  • Skin is less itchy and irritated but:
  • I broke out like a mad person yesterday after I had to pile on makeup the night before
  • This has led me to identify my makeup as a probable culprit for my breakouts (was using Toleriane compact foundation from La Roche Posay + Lancome Oscillation as Cover FX was no lonnger an option on dry reptilian-like skin)
  • I therefore switched to Almay and figured out how to apply it (the lightest shade works really well with my tone)
  • I put ALL my old makeup away (including foundations, concealers, bronzers, powders and blushes) as to not ever be tempted to put any of that crap on my face ever again. I HATE makeup companies that put all that junk in their formulas and cause us to suffer! HATE THEM!
Let's see what happens now that I have switched makeup brands. I'm excited to see if this is going to help.
FINGERS CROSSED!

OK I'm off to go do the night time regimen

Cheers,
Mystory

#52 thereisalwayshope

thereisalwayshope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:29 AM

I really hope that not using that makeup with help you get better and faster results now! And yeah I have all my old makeup in a shoebox right now. I know I need to throw it all away because I was into every foundation and every concealor, without even realizing the amount of damage that they could cause on my skin. So so so much money spent on garbage makeup...ugh...it is kind of upsetting. And it is worse that the companies manufacturing this stuff knows that this staff is complete garbage, but if they can get a profit it is worth us all suffering.Posted Image I am going to go through all my makeup and throw away most of it, and just keep things simple.

I hope that everything get better for you. You don't deserve to suffer. We are going to finish together! Posted Image

#53 mystory

mystory

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:27 PM

Day 23

Although my face is not technically better, I do feel a weird sense of zen today.
I feel very optimistic about my makeup switch and like I'm getting closer and closer to resolving the puzzle that is my acne :)

Now I still have like 10 actives right now which emerged after that horrible makeup day. It's going to take at least 5 days for those to die out and then we can see if things are looking up. I have to be patient for the next few days. :)

I really hope that not using that makeup with help you get better and faster results now! And yeah I have all my old makeup in a shoebox right now. I know I need to throw it all away because I was into every foundation and every concealor, without even realizing the amount of damage that they could cause on my skin. So so so much money spent on garbage makeup...ugh...it is kind of upsetting. And it is worse that the companies manufacturing this stuff knows that this staff is complete garbage, but if they can get a profit it is worth us all suffering.Posted Image I am going to go through all my makeup and throw away most of it, and just keep things simple.

I hope that everything get better for you. You don't deserve to suffer. We are going to finish together! Posted Image

Yes we are gonna get through this together and celebrate once we are clear! :) You have an awesome attitude!

#54 mystory

mystory

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:41 PM

Day 24
  • Zen feeling persisting. My face still looks like crap after the makeup outbreak but yesterday it was painful and today it's more comfortable.
  • I've ramped up the BP dosage at night to a finger's length and have started applying a thin layer of BP in the morning as well.
  • My face is peeling and flaking like CRAZYYYYY! When does this stop?
  • I love the almay smart shade foundation, it really lets my face breathe. And haven't broken out from it yet.
  • Oh and I just received my aha bottle but I will not attemps to use it just yet. I want my skin to be good before I throw more chemicals on it.

Patience is a virtue :)

#55 thereisalwayshope

thereisalwayshope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:24 PM

Well for me it stopped once about 2 weeks after I stopped increasing the BP and stayed completely consistent with it using the same every morning and night :)

#56 lovebug77

lovebug77

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, being outdoors, animal lover, reality TV and finding a way to clear skin!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:12 PM

Hi Mystory,
I am a newbie to the boards (longtime lurker, new poster) and last year I started getting cystic acne. I thought it might be because I got off the pill 8 months before (8 months is a long time but I was on the pill for 13 years-I'm 34). I stopped the pill in the past and got a few cysts, so I thought it was the culprit. Well, I couldn't take it anymore and I got back ON the pill and have been on for 4 months and my cystic acne is still herePosted Image . I have tried dermatologist treatments, clindamycin, nicazel, tea tree oil, ACV and many other things. I have been on the regimen since June (8 weeks) and am hoping this is going to be what does it for me. I am praying SO HARDPosted Image because I am out of options (unable to take Accutane due to other health issues). Anyway, I hope this works for all of us. I wish you success and I will be following this topic. Keep us posted.

(((HUGS)))

#57 Amanda renea

Amanda renea

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:34 AM

Hey Girls,
Thanks SOOO much for the update and keeping us posted in this. I just heard about Dan's regimen and I was curious if it would work with hormonal acne, due to going off birth control pills. Mystory, thanks for sharing, I'll be checking back to see what happens with it. For now i'll just stick to the natural remedies i'm trying, but if they don't work i'll see what I can do about buying Dan's regimen.
Praying for ya'll as you deal with this, it is terrible!
Amanda

#58 mystory

mystory

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 11 August 2012 - 06:24 AM

Hi Mystory,
I am a newbie to the boards (longtime lurker, new poster) and last year I started getting cystic acne. I thought it might be because I got off the pill 8 months before (8 months is a long time but I was on the pill for 13 years-I'm 34). I stopped the pill in the past and got a few cysts, so I thought it was the culprit. Well, I couldn't take it anymore and I got back ON the pill and have been on for 4 months and my cystic acne is still herePosted Image . I have tried dermatologist treatments, clindamycin, nicazel, tea tree oil, ACV and many other things. I have been on the regimen since June (8 weeks) and am hoping this is going to be what does it for me. I am praying SO HARDPosted Image because I am out of options (unable to take Accutane due to other health issues). Anyway, I hope this works for all of us. I wish you success and I will be following this topic. Keep us posted.

(((HUGS)))

Hi Lovebug77!

First I'd like to thank you for the reply. It is so encouraging to see that people are actually reading my log!
When I would stop/start again the pill, it would always take a few months for my body to adjust. Are you taking the same pill as before?
If it worked before it will probably work now as well.
Are you doing exactly the DKR twice a day? I'm curious to hear more about how this is going. Are you still experiencing dry, flaky skin?
As for Accutane, I would rather live with my problem than take this drug. It really freaks me out...
Thank you for all the kind words, I wish you get clear fast!
*hugs*
Mystory

Hey Girls,
Thanks SOOO much for the update and keeping us posted in this. I just heard about Dan's regimen and I was curious if it would work with hormonal acne, due to going off birth control pills. Mystory, thanks for sharing, I'll be checking back to see what happens with it. For now i'll just stick to the natural remedies i'm trying, but if they don't work i'll see what I can do about buying Dan's regimen.
Praying for ya'll as you deal with this, it is terrible!
Amanda

Hi Amanda! Thanks for writting Posted Image means a lot to hear words of encouragement at this stage!
Are you currently on any birth control pills?
The reason why I started this log is to demonstrate whether the DKR would work on girls who got off the BCP.
After hours and hours of research on the internet, I realised SO many girls are suffering from acne which was triggered by getting off the pill. Most of them have no clue how to solve it.
Very few girls reported solving there issue by a) waiting 1-2 years for hormones to stabilize b) taking evening primrose oil or c) taking anti-androgens (spiro or natural ones like agnus cactus or vitex)

Well, I tried the evening primrose oil and it made my acne worse. So I stopped it.
I'm not willing to take more anti-androgens, natural or not. (the BCP I was taking was a strong anti-androgen).
I'm willing to wait 2 years but in the mean time, what do I do? These should be the best years of my life. Do I spend them hiding in my room?

So after a lot of research and trying so many things (pro-biotics/ diets/ cleanses... blablabla) I decided to try the DKR while maintaining a healthy diet. The diet alone will NOT control your acne if it is hormonal and triggered by stopping the pill. Unfortunately.

This log, I hope, will serve as an answer to all the hopeless ladies out there who have quit the pill and don't know what else to do.
Let's hope it works, for all of us!!!

Well for me it stopped once about 2 weeks after I stopped increasing the BP and stayed completely consistent with it using the same every morning and night Posted Image

Thanks girl! ahh I can't wait for the dryness to stop Posted Image

Quick Update for today: nothing new to report. So the update would be like a copy/paste from my last post Posted Image

Have a great day!!!

Mystory

Edited by mystory, 11 August 2012 - 06:27 AM.

#59 mystory

mystory

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:48 AM

NEW PICS ADDED! Please let me know what you think.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php/gallery/image/46910-acneorg-day-26-before-and-after/

#60 lovebug77

lovebug77

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, being outdoors, animal lover, reality TV and finding a way to clear skin!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:35 AM

I am taking the same pill and am doing the regimen twice a day. My skin has adjusted to the BP and is not flakey, as long as I use the jojoba oil with it (5 drops with each application of moisturizer). I am on my 8TH week and am having my ups and downs but this is to be expected. I am going to keep it up and will keep you posted. Your updates are good, of course we're reading themPosted ImageI am going to add you as my friend...Hang in there, we can do this!

Edited by lovebug77, 11 August 2012 - 10:36 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users