I've FINALLY decided to try the acne.org regimen and I'm starting my log today on DAY 1:
I know we are bombarded with information and sometimes, it takes too long to find what we are looking for. So here is what I will do:
- To make it easy for everyone to read my log, I will always post in purple, so you know it's me writting.
- Also, I vow to update this log multiple times a week.
- I will always include my emotion for the time of post. If I'm clearing it will be a smiley face. Otherwise, expect a sad face. This should help people who want a quick update.
- Finally, I will try to write as much as possible in bullet points to faciliate the reading of this log.
Here's about me and my story with acne:
- I'm a 26 year old girl
- I had never had acne on my face, only on my back
- I started taking Diane 35 to control my back acne when I was 17
- I've been on & off Diane 35 for the past 7 years with acne getting worse and worse everytime I stopped
- Diane 35 worked wonders for my skin and I had 99% clear skin while on it
- I stopped taking the pill for good 8 months ago because I was sick of injecting hormones in my body
- After a few months off the pill, I started developping horrible cheek acne
- As a side note, my face is super greasy and so is my hair because of this pill that messed up my hormones
- I also have back acne but my facial acne is so bad that I don't even care about my back right now
- Eating really healthy
- Cutting sugar, gluten, dairy and eating salads all the time
- Not drinking alcohol
- No drinking more than 1 coffee/day
- Effaclar face wash and treatment
- Tea tree oil (somewhat helps)
- Clarins face wash and lotus oil (HORRIBLE don't ever put that stuff on your face it made my acne so much worse).
- Not picking at my skin
- Changing pillow cases every day
- Taking all kinds of vitamins every day (D,B complex, Multi-vitamin,Omega 3s, Evening Primrose Oil, and the list continues)
- Drinking a lof of water
- Tanning my face (it made it worse)
- Sleeping on a silk pillow case
Today is my first day starting the regimen.
I plan on applying the treatment only at night to start.
Here's my plan:
- Wash face in the morning VERY gently with acne.org cleanser
- Apply acne.org moisturizer VERY gently
- Tap on makeup VERY gently (either laroche posay or cover FX and nothing else)
- Wash face VERY gently with acne.org cleanser
- Apply acne.org treatment VERY gently
- Apply a lot of the acne.org moisturizer VERY gently
I also really like the moisturizer. We'll have to wait and see how it works.
Here's my picture today. I'm too ashamed to show my face, but this is the best I can show you.
Right now my acne is :
- Very bumpy and red
- On my cheeks, jaw and neck
Acne has taken it's toll on my life and I want to beat it so bad, and then I want to help everyone suffering from it and tell you all my story.
Talk to you soon my friends! I pray this works.
Edited by mystory, 16 July 2012 - 06:03 PM.