Photo

Modifying The Regimen...are These Products Fine?

chromium makeup

3 replies to this topic

#1 fihe

fihe

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:57 AM

I use the same products both AM and PM, except in the PM I remove my makeup with baby oil on a cotton ball.

I cleanse with Mary Kay Timewise 3-in-1 cleansing bar, then apply Neutrogena On-the-Spot treatment once my face is dry. after about 5 minutes, the treatment dries, so I then apply aloe vera gel mixed with a little bit of glycerin. I used to use just aloe vera gel, but my face was out-of-control dry, even when I added jojoba oil. turns out glycerin mixes better with the aloe vera gel.

I'm wondering if the soap I use is too irritating? here are the ingredients:

Sodium Palmitate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Water, Glycerin, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Camellia Oleifera Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Extract, Cucumber Extract, Burdock Extract, Hops Extract, Meadow sweet Extract, Hydrocotyl Extract, Coneflower Extract, Maltodextrin, Bentonite, Sodium Chloride, PEG-6, Butylene Glycol, Palmitic Acid, PEG-4, Lactose, Pentasodium Pentetate, Palm Kernel Acid, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Cellulose, Lauramine Oxide, Disodium EDTA, C9-15 Alkyl Phosphate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Titanium Dioxide, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Ultramarines

I also have the Cetaphil bar so I wonder if I should use that instead. I was using the Mary Kay soap before the regimen and figured I'd keep on using it and monitor my progress. so far it seems to be fine but I thought I'd ask. also, I notice that when I put on my moisturizer, parts of my face get a white residue, probably from the BP treatment. does this mean I'm wiping it off? I apply it with a gentle touch. I really hope I'm not wiping off the treatment and making it ineffective -_-

also, now that I've started adding glycerin, my skin is still just a little bit dry but not crazy like before. is this a good thing? I know Dan says that dry, flaky skin is irritated skin, but I'm also wondering if having my skin "too hydrated" (which it's not, because it's still a little bit flaky) would minimize the effects of the regimen.
Skin Regimen:
Cleanse with (CVS brand equivalent of) Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser
Treat with Dan's BP treatment
Moisturize with aloe vera gel mixed with a little glycerin
I'll add jojoba oil when I feel my skin needs it.

#2 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:45 AM

I wait a whole 15-20 minutes before applying moisturizer after any acne treatment. To make it easier I actually just moisturize at a different time of day. I usually apply treatments at night, moisturize in the morning.

photo-152109.gif?_r=1345837784?__rand=0.

I don't get notified of your response to my post unless you QUOTE my post.

Please only quote a small portion of the post so it doesn't clutter up the thread. 

How to Treat Hormonal Acne

Good and Bad Birth Control Pills and Implants for Acne

How to take Spironolactone

List of Doctors Who Prescribe Spironolactone

Topicals for Hormonal Acne

HOW I STAY 100% CLEAR:

Spironolactone (anti-androgen drug)

Betaine HCL with each meal

Avoiding silicones and occlusives in skin/hair products

#3 fihe

fihe

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:51 PM

I wait a whole 15-20 minutes before applying moisturizer after any acne treatment. To make it easier I actually just moisturize at a different time of day. I usually apply treatments at night, moisturize in the morning.

Do you use the gel benzoyl peroxide? the one I use is in cream form and dries fast. I think Dan says on the Regimen page to moisturize 5 minutes after applying a cream BP. even though I used to have oily skin, now it's been rather dry. I could definitely not wait until later in the day to moisturize! :o
Skin Regimen:
Cleanse with (CVS brand equivalent of) Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser
Treat with Dan's BP treatment
Moisturize with aloe vera gel mixed with a little glycerin
I'll add jojoba oil when I feel my skin needs it.

#4 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:48 PM

Do you use the gel benzoyl peroxide? the one I use is in cream form and dries fast. I think Dan says on the Regimen page to moisturize 5 minutes after applying a cream BP. even though I used to have oily skin, now it's been rather dry. I could definitely not wait until later in the day to moisturize! Posted Image

Nope, when I do use BP I also use Neutrogena on the Spot.

photo-152109.gif?_r=1345837784?__rand=0.

I don't get notified of your response to my post unless you QUOTE my post.

Please only quote a small portion of the post so it doesn't clutter up the thread. 

How to Treat Hormonal Acne

Good and Bad Birth Control Pills and Implants for Acne

How to take Spironolactone

List of Doctors Who Prescribe Spironolactone

Topicals for Hormonal Acne

HOW I STAY 100% CLEAR:

Spironolactone (anti-androgen drug)

Betaine HCL with each meal

Avoiding silicones and occlusives in skin/hair products

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users