Photo

Starting The Regimen Day 1 Completed

Best Answer leelowe1, 31 December 2012 - 09:04 AM

I am so proud of you girl for focusing on you! I know how hard things have been with your skin and your personal life but you still moved forward.

All the best for 2013, good luck in school and may all your dreams come true - you are truly a beautiful soul Go to the full post

348 replies to this topic

#21 thereisalwayshope

thereisalwayshope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 13
About Me
  • Interests:I love spending time with people I love. And i love clear skin :P

Achievements

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:06 PM

The thing is I have tried using the green tea toner. I have also tried an apple cider vinegar toner, and a chamomile tea toner, and a tea tree toner. Each again for months with absolutely no results. I also have heard that green tea work basically the same as Benzoyl Peroxide but results are never there. I have went to two holistic doctors and the last thing they told me that I have a resistant form of acne and they could not figure out why my skin was not reacting to everything natural that they were suggesting. There were so many people they cured of acne so that was why that was the first thing I tried since my acne became severe. One doctor said that I might have Pyoderma Faciale. It affects women 19-40 and if you do not know what it is, it is a rare skin condition causing severe outbreaks of inflamed nodules and cysts on the face that come out of the blue. I have a feeling that I might have this because my acne became severe in a matter of two weeks form having pretty much clear skin my whole life. There is no cure that is said to be found, but it has been said that I goes away on its own within a year or two as suddenly as it came. I might have this. I do not know for sure. My skin is strange.

#22 mystory

mystory

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:49 PM

hey girl, wanted to give you my words of encouragement! I'm off to do the night time regimen.
I noticed you wrote that you broke out on the fourth day, I know how terrible that must feel, but I think it can take a while to stop breaking out. Hang in there! Also, maybe you should think about doing it once a day like me to start? So far I think I like this because I'm not "killing" my skin. I'm only did it twice a day on one of the 4 days, I think I might continue doing it like that (on and off twice vs. once).
Hope you are feeling ok!

Talk tomorrow :)

#23 kruza

kruza

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:22 PM

I've been on Dan's regimen for a few years now. I had cystic acne around my jaw and temple area. What worked BEST for me was that I noticed if I used the full 2 pumps that Dan recommends, then my skin gets extremely irritating. I used about 1 pump for my entire face or just enough to create a nice thin film over my face. Then I would moisturize. FInd the right balance for your skin and lifestyle, this is extremely important. This took about 3 month before I saw the results that I wanted.

What Dan fails to mention is that this regimen just subdues acne. Once you stop the regimen then there is a high probability that your acne will return and with revenge. The crappy thing about topical treatments is that you have to leave them on ALL day which will destroys your skin. I switched over to a 5% benzoyl peroxide wash which I use day and night.

#24 thereisalwayshope

thereisalwayshope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:33 AM

hey girl, wanted to give you my words of encouragement! I'm off to do the night time regimen.
I noticed you wrote that you broke out on the fourth day, I know how terrible that must feel, but I think it can take a while to stop breaking out. Hang in there! Also, maybe you should think about doing it once a day like me to start? So far I think I like this because I'm not "killing" my skin. I'm only did it twice a day on one of the 4 days, I think I might continue doing it like that (on and off twice vs. once).
Hope you are feeling ok!

Talk tomorrow Posted Image

Thank you for your kind words :) Tomorrow will be a week on the regimen. The drying and flaking is doing great ever since in incorporated the jojoba oil and put about 6-8 drops in my moisturizer before I applied it to my face. I would do it once a day, but I am really trying to stick to Dan's Regimen exactly how he says. Also since my skin as been doing better with the bp because it was getting used to it, I ramped up the bp to like a full pump. So far no real difference with my dryness, especially since i started using the jojoba oil. I want to get to the full amount in about 2-3 weeks as long as my skin is getting along with the bp because MANY people say the best results come from the time that they begun using the full amount of bp. So all is good for now :) Thanks again.

How is you skin going? And how long have you been on the regimen now?

I've been on Dan's regimen for a few years now. I had cystic acne around my jaw and temple area. What worked BEST for me was that I noticed if I used the full 2 pumps that Dan recommends, then my skin gets extremely irritating. I used about 1 pump for my entire face or just enough to create a nice thin film over my face. Then I would moisturize. FInd the right balance for your skin and lifestyle, this is extremely important. This took about 3 month before I saw the results that I wanted.

What Dan fails to mention is that this regimen just subdues acne. Once you stop the regimen then there is a high probability that your acne will return and with revenge. The crappy thing about topical treatments is that you have to leave them on ALL day which will destroys your skin. I switched over to a 5% benzoyl peroxide wash which I use day and night.

I know that there is no topical cure to acne which sucks but is true :( But yes after some time following the directions Dans wants us to do exactly I am going to then adjust everything to the needs of my skin. I hope that after my skin clears more that maybe a can go down to applying it once a day or just not using as much as two pumps. Hopefully things with get better soon. When did you start noticing that your skin stopped breaking out?

#25 mystory

mystory

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:05 PM

thereisalwayshope, are you experiencing really bad burning when doing the regimen? I just wrote about this on my topic, my skin was burning SO much last night.
Do you know if this is normal?

#26 thereisalwayshope

thereisalwayshope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:16 AM

Week 1 Completed and here is what happened:

Day 1-3 of starting Dan's Regimen the dryness and flakiness had begun. I was only using about half a pump of the bp twice a day. A few pimples everyday but they were going away faster than what I am normally used to seeing.

Day 4-6 I have been breaking out with maybe about 8 pimples. The dryness has subsided so I have increased the bp to one full pump by day 6. I also have purchased the jojoba oil with is the BEST thing for the dryness and flakiness. I just put about 6-8 drop in the mostiurzer before I put it on my face. My pervious acne spots have really faded because of the flaking which is good. Also all the little bumpss on my skin are completely gone! I probably had like 50 all over my chin and they are freakin gone. Posted Image

Day 7 all my raised pimples that used to high above my skin are literally very very flat now.

thereisalwayshope, are you experiencing really bad burning when doing the regimen? I just wrote about this on my topic, my skin was burning SO much last night.
Do you know if this is normal?

Yes I had that burning sensation but I pushed through it because it gets better after your skin adjusts to the bp more. Mine is burning a little less now. I wrote on you post on what i thought Posted Image

Edited by thereisalwayshope, 01 August 2012 - 08:22 PM.

#27 KATE75

KATE75

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:17 PM

Thereisalwayshope - I would strongly advise you to stick with the acne.org regimen for at least 4 months. I know there are a lot of people on these forums who seem to be really against using BP on acne and luckily managed to control their condition through diet changes but not everyone's acne is controlled through diet changes alone.

I speak as someone who suffered acne for over 20 years and for at least the last ten years I have had a very healthy diet. I do believe certain foods can trigger acne (for me it's cow's milk) but there is no way that diet changes alone is the answer for ALL acne sufferers.

I started on the acne.org regimen a few years ago and it literally took 4 months before I had any improvement. During that time I had severe dryness etc and really thought it wasn't going to work for me BUT I persevered with it and I started to see improvement month by month. To this day, it has been the single most effective acne treatment I have tried (and I have tried many, many treatments since 1988!).

I have said this before but I will say it again - I really wish the internet had been so widely available when I was a teenager. If I had found this regimen earlier I could have saved myself so many years of misery with my skin problem that has affected so much of my life. I also would not have all the scars that I am now struggling to deal with.

I bet if you really stick with this and I mean literally follow Dan's instructions by the book you will see good improvement in your skin.

I wish you the best of luck.

Edited by KATE75, 21 July 2012 - 03:23 PM.

#28 thereisalwayshope

thereisalwayshope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:02 AM

Thereisalwayshope - I would strongly advise you to stick with the acne.org regimen for at least 4 months. I know there are a lot of people on these forums who seem to be really against using BP on acne and luckily managed to control their condition through diet changes but not everyone's acne is controlled through diet changes alone.

I speak as someone who suffered acne for over 20 years and for at least the last ten years I have had a very healthy diet. I do believe certain foods can trigger acne (for me it's cow's milk) but there is no way that diet changes alone is the answer for ALL acne sufferers.

I started on the acne.org regimen a few years ago and it literally took 4 months before I had any improvement. During that time I had severe dryness etc and really thought it wasn't going to work for me BUT I persevered with it and I started to see improvement month by month. To this day, it has been the single most effective acne treatment I have tried (and I have tried many, many treatments since 1988!).

I have said this before but I will say it again - I really wish the internet had been so widely available when I was a teenager. If I had found this regimen earlier I could have saved myself so many years of misery with my skin problem that has affected so much of my life. I also would not have all the scars that I am now struggling to deal with.

I bet if you really stick with this and I mean literally follow Dan's instructions by the book you will see good improvement in your skin.

I wish you the best of luck.

Thank you so much. Your advice really means a lot me to. I know that my skin looks pretty bad if you look at my gallery and I have to understand that I can not expect it to all go away over night. I want to stick with it for as long as I need to stay clear.

It is crazy that it took you four months to start seeing some improvement! Did you have moderate or severe acne like mine?

If you look at the last picture in my gallery you can see with in 6 days of the regimen there is already a tiny bit of good improvement. I am just waiting and trying to be as patient as possible.

I do follow Dans Regimen very strictly. I know that if i start making modifications my results will not be as good. Also how much bp are you having to use now? Are you still using the full dose? I have heard that some are able to use less or only use it once a day, however since my acne is pretty bad i do not know if the same will tod true for me.

Again thank you!
I love when people who had already been through it give me advise Posted Image It just makes everything a little easier Posted Image

Edited by thereisalwayshope, 22 July 2012 - 11:03 AM.

#29 KATE75

KATE75

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:08 PM

I made a post last month on the scar forum thanking everyone for sharing their experiences as it has greatly helped me decide which scar treatment I should try and which I should avoid. I do think it is a good thing for us to share with other people what has worked for us and what hasn't. HOWEVER, the really important thing you have to watch out for on these forums are the few extremely negative people who seem to enjoy knocking down other people's attempts at healing their acne or scars and then saying insincere things like "I'm just trying to help them" etc etc. Well, if they are, some of them have a lot to learn about manners and there are ways you can give informed advice and ways you shouldn't speak to people!

From your posts so far I would guess you are a very positive, friendly and helpful person - your positive attitude will get you through this until you do find something that works for YOU. Hopefully, you will have success with the acne.org regimen, I certainly have along with many, many other people. I do see looking through the boards that not everyone is fan of the BP route. Maybe they tried it for a short time and gave up when the dryness and itchiness kicked in and then decided to do their best to put everyone else off trying it - who knows!

I know I am not a doctor or a medical professional of any kind however like I said previously I have been dealing with this issue since I was 13 and I am now almost 37. During that time I have been to several doctors and dermatologists over the years. Every one put me on a different antibiotic. In the beginning they seemed to work great but then after a time my severe, cystic acne came back with a vengence. About ten years ago, I was put on accutane. It was a tough time as it initially broke me out something hellish. However, after a month my acne was literally gone - I thought it was the miracle cure but turns out it wasn't. My acne came back within a couple of months of stopping the drug. I went through all sorts of supposed acne "cures" eg. changed my diet completely - didn't stop the acne, spent a fortune on herbal medicines - made me feel sick, seriously out of pocket and again didn't help even a little bit.

After a few more years of this, I came across this website and initially thought it sounded just too easy if you know what I mean? BP is one of the first things I tried back in the 80's when I first got acne and other than dry up my spots it did nothing to prevent them appearing. I ordered the kit and was still fairly skeptical but desperate so I started on the regimen. Literally by the second month I was ready to give up as I was still breaking out and my skin was very dry and itchy. I honestly think it took about four months before my skin adjusted to the amount of BP you have to use on this regimen. After then month by month the only tiny little break outs I got were premenstrual ones.

Sorry about the length of this post I didn't meant to go on for so long! Just to answer your other question - yes my acne was severe before accutane but after accutane I would describe it as moderate. The regimen is what took it from moderate to 99% clear. My skin is so used to the BP now that I slather on a pump and a half once a day only (in the late evening) and that is now enough for me. Don't lose heart, it does take quite some time to get to that stage but I believe it is achievable.

I just realised that last paragraph pretty much would have answered all your questions without all the other stuff - sorry!!

Edited by KATE75, 22 July 2012 - 01:33 PM.

#30 thereisalwayshope

thereisalwayshope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:53 PM

I made a post last month on the scar forum thanking everyone for sharing their experiences as it has greatly helped me decide which scar treatment I should try and which I should avoid. I do think it is a good thing for us to share with other people what has worked for us and what hasn't. HOWEVER, the really important thing you have to watch out for on these forums are the few extremely negative people who seem to enjoy knocking down other people's attempts at healing their acne or scars and then saying insincere things like "I'm just trying to help them" etc etc. Well, if they are, some of them have a lot to learn about manners and there are ways you can give informed advice and ways you shouldn't speak to people!

From your posts so far I would guess you are a very positive, friendly and helpful person - your positive attitude will get you through this until you do find something that works for YOU. Hopefully, you will have success with the acne.org regimen, I certainly have along with many, many other people. I do see looking through the boards that not everyone is fan of the BP route. Maybe they tried it for a short time and gave up when the dryness and itchiness kicked in and then decided to do their best to put everyone else off trying it - who knows!

I know I am not a doctor or a medical professional of any kind however like I said previously I have been dealing with this issue since I was 13 and I am now almost 37. During that time I have been to several doctors and dermatologists over the years. Every one put me on a different antibiotic. In the beginning they seemed to work great but then after a time my severe, cystic acne came back with a vengence. About ten years ago, I was put on accutane. It was a tough time as it initially broke me out something hellish. However, after a month my acne was literally gone - I thought it was the miracle cure but turns out it wasn't. My acne came back within a couple of months of stopping the drug. I went through all sorts of supposed acne "cures" eg. changed my diet completely - didn't stop the acne, spent a fortune on herbal medicines - made me feel sick, seriously out of pocket and again didn't help even a little bit.

After a few more years of this, I came across this website and initially thought it sounded just too easy if you know what I mean? BP is one of the first things I tried back in the 80's when I first got acne and other than dry up my spots it did nothing to prevent them appearing. I ordered the kit and was still fairly skeptical but desperate so I started on the regimen. Literally by the second month I was ready to give up as I was still breaking out and my skin was very dry and itchy. I honestly think it took about four months before my skin adjusted to the amount of BP you have to use on this regimen. After then month by month the only tiny little break outs I got were premenstrual ones.

Sorry about the length of this post I didn't meant to go on for so long! Just to answer your other question - yes my acne was severe before accutane but after accutane I would describe it as moderate. The regimen is what took it from moderate to 99% clear. My skin is so used to the BP now that I slather on a pump and a half once a day only (in the late evening) and that is now enough for me. Don't lose heart, it does take quite some time to get to that stage but I believe it is achievable.

I just realised that last paragraph pretty much would have answered all your questions without all the other stuff - sorry!!

Yes I try to be a positive as I can be, and I am well aware of those people that are completely against I just have to find what works for me.

Thank you sooo much or replying to my post I love your advise! How long did it take you to get completely clear like you are now?

#31 KATE75

KATE75

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:12 PM

You are welcome!

For the first year I was still doing the regimen twice per day every day as I really didn't want to make any changes to my skin care routine in case I started breaking out again. It was probably after month 4 that things really started to improve for me. Even so, it was a very gradual thing.

I had a few days where I was literally unable to do the routine as I stupidly went away for a few days and forgot to take my BP with me! The weird thing was I didn't break out that time so after around a year of the twice per day thing I tried out just once per day in the evening. I find it easier doing the regimen once in the evening close to bed time as applying my make up over the BP during the day was always tricky!

I know some people complain that this regimen only works for as long as you are doing it and it's not for everyone if they find applying BP to their face once or twice a day a real pain. However, for me personally I am just glad I finally found something that works after all these years so if I am still applying BP to my face when I am 70 - so be it!

One tip I would give which you may already have discovered - always use white pillowcases! I ruined so much bedding before I switched to white..........

Edited by KATE75, 22 July 2012 - 02:15 PM.

#32 thereisalwayshope

thereisalwayshope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:16 AM

You are welcome!

For the first year I was still doing the regimen twice per day every day as I really didn't want to make any changes to my skin care routine in case I started breaking out again. It was probably after month 4 that things really started to improve for me. Even so, it was a very gradual thing.

I had a few days where I was literally unable to do the routine as I stupidly went away for a few days and forgot to take my BP with me! The weird thing was I didn't break out that time so after around a year of the twice per day thing I tried out just once per day in the evening. I find it easier doing the regimen once in the evening close to bed time as applying my make up over the BP during the day was always tricky!

I know some people complain that this regimen only works for as long as you are doing it and it's not for everyone if they find applying BP to their face once or twice a day a real pain. However, for me personally I am just glad I finally found something that works after all these years so if I am still applying BP to my face when I am 70 - so be it!

One tip I would give which you may already have discovered - always use white pillowcases! I ruined so much bedding before I switched to white..........

Wow four months to see any improvement!? That is a heck of a long time to wait especially for a person like my who has absolutely no patience Posted Image I am really trying to work on that though because that is the most important part of following the regimen.

I had a brother who was using bp before and I knew already that it bleaches everything so I made sure everything I used was white. Applying the BP is somewhat of a pain because of all the waiting you have to do between each step, but as long as my face looks better than I really so not care about who long it takes. A clear face is worth it!

So here is my update:

Day 9: I woke up in the middle of the night because my face was in so much pain. I could feel I had just gotten a HUGE, i mean HUGE breakout. I got 4-6 cysts on each cheek, and few little pimples on my temples and forehead, and many little pimples on my chin. (by many i mean like 10!) This is such a bummer Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
I had to go and take an ibuprofen to help with the inflammation because I felt to much pain on my face.

KATE75 and everyone else did this happen to you? This is so incredibly discouraging. I know i still have to be patient but man does this just make you feel terrible.

And again I would like to say thank you to everyone trying to help me through this journey because I do not know If I can do it without all the positive feedback. Posted Image
I really really appreciate it.

Edited by thereisalwayshope, 01 August 2012 - 08:23 PM.

#33 KATE75

KATE75

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:01 AM

Yes, I was still breaking out on a fairly regular basis for the first four months. I understand how you must be feeling right now as it is an incredibly frustrating feeling when you are doing your very best to heal your skin and it feels like just as you are seeing a little improvement on your existing acne, you are hit with yet another breakout. I think so many people who don't suffer from this just don't appreciate how negatively it can affect people's lives.

Important thing is to stick with it till hopefully you turn that corner and start to see some results. Like I said earlier, by month 2 I was not only struggling with the breakouts but the redness and itchiness of my skin as it was adjusting to the large amount of BP I was using on it. I can't speak for everyone but for me personally, I don't think the BP really did much in the way of preventing new acne until month 4. I know it dried up my spots as they appeared, but it was only after those first few months that it slowly began to actually prevent the breakouts I had been experiencing.

Basically I think most people's skin will look bad in the beginning of the regimen as like most acne treatments it takes a long time to see the benefits. Once you get the results though (and I truly believe you will if you stick with this) then it will be so worth it.

#34 thereisalwayshope

thereisalwayshope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:53 PM

Yup it is incredibly frustrating but there is always hope. And yes I am going to stick with it because there is just soooo many success stories of me to just quit. So that is not an option. After that breakout though, today my pimples are so tiny! I am so happy that they tend to go away within about 2-3 days.

Despite the breakouts I have been getting there has still been a lot of improvement compared to when before starting the regimen. The breakout dry out quickly. I do see results even after 10 days that I am very proud of. I am glad I am seeing some early results because so many people i not see any results till many more weeks in.

I will post another picture this Saturday at the two week mark so that you and everyone else can see the improvement, despite the breakouts I have been getting almost on a daily basis. I am happy for your support :)

I ordered two more bottles of the BP, because I just want to be prepared and use the products like Dan says to haha.

#35 thereisalwayshope

thereisalwayshope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:54 AM

Day 12 Update:

Yet another breakout. Goodness, when are they going to stop? Almost on a daily basis I am getting a breakout. And they are the painful under the skin pimples. Ah.

Edited by thereisalwayshope, 01 August 2012 - 08:23 PM.

#36 thereisalwayshope

thereisalwayshope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:51 AM

Day 13 Update:

This sucks. Face is looking pretty bad. I do not know what is happening. My skin looks sooo bad. I hate the way it looks right now, and I just hope this breakout will go away. I probably am getting 5 or more every morning I look in the mirror. Ugh.

Edited by thereisalwayshope, 01 August 2012 - 08:24 PM.

#37 mystory

mystory

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:14 PM

Day 13 Update:

This sucks. Face is looking pretty bad. I do not know what is happening. My skin looks sooo bad. I hate the way it looks right now, and I just hope this breakout will go away. I probably am getting 5 or more every morning I look in the mirror. Ugh.

Yup.. same for me... I feel like I'm destroying my skin right now. AAAHHHH

#38 thereisalwayshope

thereisalwayshope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:30 PM

Day 13 Update:

Yup.. same for me... I feel like I'm destroying my skin right now. AAAHHHH

Yeah I know I just want to scream! And stay in a little corner and have no contact with anyone :( I am not going to let little disgusting pimples win though. Let's continue shall we?

#39 mystory

mystory

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:33 PM

OK deal :)

#40 KATE75

KATE75

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:17 AM

There is one thing I just remembered that I feel I should point out just in case it may be causing a problem with you guys. When I started on the regimen a few years ago using acne.org moisturiser, the ingredients were slightly different from the one Dan sells now.

This may have nothing to do with the problem you are experiencing, but in my case I absolutely cannot cope with his new moisturiser. I bought the 16oz bottle last year and used it one time only and I had an awful reaction to it. Maybe it's just my weird skin, but it caused my eyes to swell up and my whole face felt like it was on fire. Took several days for the burning, itchy redness to disappear. I have never used it since and I believe I must have a real problem with the lichochalcone in it. A lot of people seem to like the new moisturiser but there is also a thread asking Dan to bring back the old formula - which I loved!

I quickly switched back to my usual moisturiser and it's been fine ever since. I'm not sure how your skin feels when you apply the moisturiser maybe you are okay with it but I thought I would share my experience with you just in case it may be causing you some problems also.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users