Photo

Starting The Regimen Day 1 Completed

Best Answer leelowe1, 31 December 2012 - 09:04 AM

I am so proud of you girl for focusing on you! I know how hard things have been with your skin and your personal life but you still moved forward.

All the best for 2013, good luck in school and may all your dreams come true - you are truly a beautiful soul Go to the full post

346 replies to this topic

#241 thereisalwayshope

thereisalwayshope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 13
About Me
  • Interests:I love spending time with people I love. And i love clear skin :P

Achievements

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:11 PM

Day 119 Update:

Soooo…since increasing my BP to one pump again I have not gotten a single pimple! This is great news for myself! I did my 7th peel today as well. So far spots and hole are going away so I am happy. It is a little weird waking up every morning to a clear face. I am thankful for this, and am still aware that there are other people out there with acne that need help so I am always here to help someone. I hope my story will help some people start the regimen, or any regimen. If I have helped you in anyway I always enjoy and am humbled to hear what you have to say.

Thank you acne.org

Before The Regimen: 50+ actives.
Week 1: Mild, noticeably improvement, but still breaking out. Dry, flaky, tight, red. (Half a finger of BP) (Scale of 1-10: 9!)(10 being the worst)
Week 2: No improvement, BIG BREAKOUT! My face became worse than week 1. All pimples were huge and raised high above the skin. BIG breakouts that brought deep and big pimples and numerous cysts. Dry, flaky, RED. (Full amount of BP) (Scale: 10!)
Week 3: Slight, slight improvement. Skin is flatter. Still breaking out a lot maybe 5-6 every morning. This week the pimples are smaller but I was still getting some cysts. No longer dry, flaky, or red. (Full amount form now on) (Scale 7.5-8!)
Week 4: BIG, BIG, BREAKOUT! Probably around 10-15 bloody actives came overnight. This breakout affected my whole face. Cysts, and all. Face began to swell and became painful to sleep. Breaking out continually every day with 1-5. Not a pretty week. (Scale 9-9.5) (35 actives)
Week 5: AWESOME AWESOME improvement!!!!!!! Recovered from last weeks breakouts. This was the first week where I could see WAY more good than bad. This shows you just have to stick it out because till now there has been very minimal results. Got a few pimples this whole week! I broke out anywhere from 0-2 actives everyday this week. (Scale 4)
Week 6: Another week of great improvement! All week I probably got about 3 pimples! Spots are fading, skin is super super duper smooth. Introduced AHA and my face could not be any better at this point. (6 actives)
Week 7: This was a stressful week on my part so I blame my progress completely on this. Spots are still fading. I have about 8-9 actives right now. I am going to try and stay a little more positive so my results stay good. (8-9 actives)
Week 8: Not too much progress form last week. Slight progress. Spots are still fading though! (8 actives)
Week 9: Slight progress, broke out twice this week. Spots gradually fading. (6-7) actives
Week 10: Great improvement! I think I got only two new pimples this week. Spots are still slowly fading. (1-2) actives
Week 11: No more acne as of today!!!!! I new active in the beginning of the week. Spots are still red and slowlyyyy fading. (0) actives! Posted Image
Week 12: 2 pimples! Ah darn haha. I still need to get passed another month or so to stay consistently clear, so I am pushing through it still.

Week 13: About one pimple all week, but by the end of the week I went back to zero. I also did my 40% Glycolic acid peel yesterday.
Week 14: Still at about one pimple a week. Did some peels! Darks spots fading very nicely!
Week 15: STILL about one pimple a week haha. Always located at the jawline! Another peel. Fading spots! yay!
Week 16: GREAT!
Week 17: GREEEEEAAAAAT! Did my 7th 40% Glycolic peel.

#242 thereisalwayshope

thereisalwayshope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:15 AM

Day 120 Update:

Nothing new to report here guys. Just checkin in Posted Image

How is your acne today?

Edited by thereisalwayshope, 10 November 2012 - 10:15 AM.

#243 lifewasalladream92

lifewasalladream92

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:I love singing, playing the guitar and piano, makeup, math, and watching horror films.

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:57 AM

Hey thereisalwayshope I am so glad to hear about your continued success on the regimen. I am currently about 3 1/2 weeks in and I got to say it is tough. I keep breaking out with about 1 to 2 pimples everyday, sometimes I get discouraged but then I remember that I just got to keep going. Your journey really does inspire me to keep pushing through it. I hope you continue doing well.

I had one quick question... I finally reached the full amount of BP a little less than a week ago and my face is SUPER DUPER dry. I was wondering how long it took the dryness to subside once you reached the full 2 pumps?

#244 thereisalwayshope

thereisalwayshope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:21 PM

Hey thereisalwayshope I am so glad to hear about your continued success on the regimen. I am currently about 3 1/2 weeks in and I got to say it is tough. I keep breaking out with about 1 to 2 pimples everyday, sometimes I get discouraged but then I remember that I just got to keep going. Your journey really does inspire me to keep pushing through it. I hope you continue doing well.

I had one quick question... I finally reached the full amount of BP a little less than a week ago and my face is SUPER DUPER dry. I was wondering how long it took the dryness to subside once you reached the full 2 pumps?

Hello I am glad to answer you question. It does depend on everyones unique skin….so I know that can be a little discouraging. Some people take months to full get used to BP and some people take a couple weeks. For me, after I reached the full amount and stopped increasing BP it took roughly a 2 weeks and all the dryness and flakiness had subsided. You might notice after a week or so that you will wake up to much less dryness and flakiness and in about two days after your symptoms should really decrease. Make sure that you moisturize as much as you want. You can put more throughout the day if you feel like you are feeling too dry and itchy. I do not know if you are using jojoba oil or not, but from experience and reviews from others, a few drops of that into the moisturizer that you will be putting on your face will greatly help with symptoms. It is so awesome. I must say. If you have any other question feel free to message me or just post straight on here, which ever you prefer!Posted Image

For now just stay super focused on the goal. Do not beat yourself up. Stay stress free, and clear skin will be well on its way for you missy. Posted Image

And I really appreciate you telling me that I helped you in some small way…makes me feel good and happy inside Posted Image

Edited by thereisalwayshope, 10 November 2012 - 04:23 PM.

#245 lifewasalladream92

lifewasalladream92

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:I love singing, playing the guitar and piano, makeup, math, and watching horror films.

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:14 AM

Hello I am glad to answer you question. It does depend on everyones unique skin….so I know that can be a little discouraging. Some people take months to full get used to BP and some people take a couple weeks. For me, after I reached the full amount and stopped increasing BP it took roughly a 2 weeks and all the dryness and flakiness had subsided. You might notice after a week or so that you will wake up to much less dryness and flakiness and in about two days after your symptoms should really decrease. Make sure that you moisturize as much as you want. You can put more throughout the day if you feel like you are feeling too dry and itchy. I do not know if you are using jojoba oil or not, but from experience and reviews from others, a few drops of that into the moisturizer that you will be putting on your face will greatly help with symptoms. It is so awesome. I must say. If you have any other question feel free to message me or just post straight on here, which ever you prefer!Posted Image

For now just stay super focused on the goal. Do not beat yourself up. Stay stress free, and clear skin will be well on its way for you missy. Posted Image

And I really appreciate you telling me that I helped you in some small way…makes me feel good and happy inside Posted Image

Thanks a lot. The dryness isn't as bad anymore. Hopefully the breakouts will stop soon too!! :D The hardest part is trying to stay positive but I have been doing pretty good so far. Haha!

#246 thereisalwayshope

thereisalwayshope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:03 PM

Day 124 Update:

Clear as can be…..

****and also my profile picture is me without any makeup what so ever :) and that is my kitty! :)

#247 thereisalwayshope

thereisalwayshope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:36 PM

Day 125 Update:

Still clear. One pump of BP is perfect for my skin...
I am hoping to do another 40% glycolic acid peel tomorrow if I have time! I love them and would recommend then for anyone struggling with hyper pigmentation and indents and scarring. You will need higher concentrations with the deeper scaring and I am working myself up to 70% to that my skin can be super smooth just like before I had acne:)

Well thank you for reading my post. If you have any questions you can message me :)

#248 fadedjay

fadedjay

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:10 PM

looks like things are going super duper for you and i am glad because you deserve it :)

them glycolic peels sound like they are really good - i may have to check it out

#249 geekboy

geekboy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:44 AM

Though i don't post often, i'll always read this post when i come to the website. Such awesome improvement! Keep up the good job! :)

#250 Elsewhere

Elsewhere

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me
  • Interests:I hate to tell you, sweetie - but if you're dating me, you're dating white trash.

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:19 PM

Agreed with other posters - this story is an inspiration! Thank you so much for sharing this with us!

#251 thereisalwayshope

thereisalwayshope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:48 PM

Day 136 Update:

Oh WOW! I am so filled with joy from all the compliments!!! This makes me smile and makes me feel gooey warm inside! I can not thank you all enough for your kind words :) I am truly humbled.

Thank you fadedjay, geekboy, elsewhere, and AbyBar. You are all the reasons I wanted to start a post.

Anyway to my skin…I did another peel on Saturday. I think this is my 9th peel. In the 9 weeks I have been doing the peels I have a 70% improvement in acne spots and noticeable difference in the scarring. HUGE difference. I cannot stress enough the benefit of these peels. I am looking into purchasing the 50% glycolic peels in the next coming weeks. I am sticking to about a full pump of BP to stay clear and I am loving it :)

And thanks again for all your support. I love you all.

#252 thereisalwayshope

thereisalwayshope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:15 PM

Though i don't post often, i'll always read this post when i come to the website. Such awesome improvement! Keep up the good job! Posted Image

looks like things are going super duper for you and i am glad because you deserve it Posted Image

them glycolic peels sound like they are really good - i may have to check it out

Agreed with other posters - this story is an inspiration! Thank you so much for sharing this with us!

Hello I replied to all three of you in the above post but forgot to post haha :) my bbbbbad! Love you all!

#253 thereisalwayshope

thereisalwayshope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:14 AM

Day 138 Update:

Helllllllo to all!

I am just coming on to say that my skin is doing relatively awesome and I am going to have an upload picture and soon as I can find some time to do so as I am really busy with school exam and finals to study for.

Also I will need to purchase the 50% glycolic peel soon because now that my face is so used to 40% even if I leave it on longer I am not getting all the peeling I should be so the time is coming to get the stronger peel! I am looking forward to trying it :

Last thing I wanted to say was I know that I do not have acne anymore and my post is getting awfully boring to read now I bet so I have my friend who had been using retin-a for months and she did not find the relief she was hoping for so a little over a month ago we switched over the Dan Kern's Regimen. She is already having wonderful results. Just click on the link below to follow her thread to read to progression through her acne journey on the regimen :) She also has a wonderfully positive attitude…wonder where she gets that from :P

http://www.acne.org/...ne/page__st__60

Much love to all on this site.

#254 thereisalwayshope

thereisalwayshope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:42 AM

​I UPLOADED A NEW PICTURE IN MY GALLERY FINALLY!!!! CHECK IT OUT :)

​AGAIN…LOVE YOU ALL!

#255 thereisalwayshope

thereisalwayshope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:45 AM

Day 142 Update:

Clear. Happy. Humbled. Enjoying life.

#256 thereisalwayshope

thereisalwayshope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:40 PM

Day 146 Update:

My 50% glycolic acid came in the mail!!!! So excited to use it!!!!! I hope everyone is doing lovely :P

#257 thereisalwayshope

thereisalwayshope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:15 PM

BEFORE AND AFTER DKRů'THE REGIMEN'

I JUST UPLOADED A BEFORE AND AFTER PICTURE IN MY GALLARY FROM DAY 1 TO TODAY:) CHECK IT OUT!

Edited by thereisalwayshope, 07 December 2012 - 02:16 PM.

#258 thereisalwayshope

thereisalwayshope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:48 AM

5 Month Update:

WOW…it seems like time has just flew by! I am so happy that I have made it this far.

I have to small pimples on my chin form the peels so I am currently waiting for those to subside. I m also hoping to use the 50% glycolic acid peel tomorrow for the first time and I cant wait! I will tell you all about the progress that comes with the peel of course :)

Anyway, I am still on here all the time haha, so if you have questions just message me!

thereisalwayshope

#259 thereisalwayshope

thereisalwayshope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:20 AM

5 months/2 days Update:

I have just used at home 50% glycolic peel on my face this morning. I started with 2 minutes since this peel is 10% higher concentration that the last peel I have been using. I am really excited to let you all know the results after a few peels!!!!

I also want to use only jojoba oil as a moisturizer a few days after the peels, because I heard using a normal moisturizer noncomodegenic or not can cause breatouts while the new skin is forming, which increases the chances of clogging pores, so I will see where that gets me!!

Since starting these peels about 2 1/2 months ago I have noticed a nearly 80% difference in spots and the texture of my skin, so I am happy for this!!! :)

#260 thereisalwayshope

thereisalwayshope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:21 AM

Week 24 day 3 Update:

Hello everyone, sorry for the not being here too often. I have been busy with life and things that I need to get done before school begins agin….. Skin is really doing wonderful, I also have a new picture uploaded if you would like to look in my gallery :)

The regimen has saved my confidence and I am truly a new person now. I wish I could meet Dan Kern in person thank give him a huge hug!!!

I hope you are all doing well. The New Year is coming, so I hope you all have a resolution planned. My new years resolution is for the first time not going to be about my skin, but I am going to be trying to work on myself to be a better person. :)

****Also I am really not liking this new website theme on acne.org, I am like the old one better??!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users