Photo
- - - - -

How Severe Is My Back Acne And Will The Marks Clear Up Nicely?

back acne scars bacne marks pigmentation help! red mark

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 handmedown

handmedown

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 July 2012 - 04:49 PM

Hi all, first post here I believe. I've had bacne for about 3 years now and I've always been pretty depressed and self concious about it, stopped dating girls, swimming etc.

However I've just started dating a girl and I'm going to need to become more confident with taking my shirt off etc if we go to the beach, sleep together.

This is my bacne at the moment http://imgur.com/a/59p0u#LjeBU there are a lot of red marks around my back which may not be shown in the picture, I also have some sort of scars that are like white tiny dots raised above the skin, along with some that are just marks until my back is clenched, they are then scar like.

Is it severe bacne? I've never been to a derm, I may make an appointment next week just to be sure what I can do to fix it.

I'm going to start trying to become more confident with it, and once me and the girl get more serious I'll probably just explain to her and show her the bacne and tell her that I'm working to clear it up, hoping that she doesn't judge me over it as i really like her!

#2 WithPleasure

WithPleasure

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 July 2012 - 09:12 PM

Edited by WithPleasure, 18 November 2012 - 02:29 PM.

#3 handmedown

handmedown

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:36 AM

Do you use good cleansers or creams which contains ingredients like benzyl peroxide, sulfur, salicylic acid etc?

Make sure you use good skin care products, eat healthy AND keep your back clean(douche twice daily, put on a new shirt everyday etc)

I'll try and get some closer pictures tomorrow!

I don't use any cleansers or creams at the moment, but I've just ordered another tube of Panoxyl Aquagel which I've used in the past quite frequently. Lately I've just been using my mixture of ACV 1:3 with water and a splash of rose water and tea tree oil. I spray this on my back or apply it with cotton buds and let it dry in, washing it off afterwards.

Do you recommend using a loofa or a brush to scrub my back in the shower or just rub it with hands to prevent breakouts?

Regarding the confidence, I've basically had enough of hiding away, I don't want to let bacne ruin my memories and I've just turned 21 so I need to get more confident with it.

Good luck with your term on Tuesday, I'm going to book an appointment for Wednesday I think :) I would really like some chemical peels or other treatment done!

#4 LastDitchEffort

LastDitchEffort

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:46 AM

I have around the same level of bacne myself, maybe a bit worse. I don't think yours is too bad, looking at the picture it looks like you have some skin problems but it's nothing like OMG NASTY ACNE sort :) I've been doing sports for all my life and most of my team mates and gym mates have some sorts of body acne. It's just all the sweating, hormones etc.
I'm currently taking accutane to hopefully clear it up entirely, if you think that's something you can consider, it's said to have permanent effect on acne.
But yeah all in all, to me it doesn't look bad. Go see a derm and see what she/he thinks about it. Derms are professionals so they'll know the best way to treat it :)

#5 handmedown

handmedown

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:37 PM

Well I have a friend who lives around the corner who's bacne is kinda worse than mine, it covers his whole back and he has so much confidence with it. He walks around without his top off and in a tank top and he still has girls chasing him... I think confidence may be a key thing so I need to start it hah!

Thanks LastDitchEffort Posted Image I think it's definitely the hormones for me, I don't really want to try accutane due to the side effects, starting next week I'm going on a no dairy, red meat diet and I'm going to start taking a lot of vitamins and flaxseed along with using sea salt scrub on my back. Hopefully that will help a bit.

The thing I'm worried about most is the aftermath, if I can get the marks and scars to clear :/ I will see a derm ASAP so they can help me with that issue.

Edited by handmedown, 15 July 2012 - 01:15 PM.

#6 LastDitchEffort

LastDitchEffort

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 July 2012 - 01:10 PM

Well honestly man, don't worry about the scarring too much. There's plenty of treatments for post acne marks, once you get clear you probably won't even care about the marks. I know I wouldn't if I knew I won't get any new ones anymore :P And I don't mean to say that you shouldn't do everything you can to minimize scarring, but I mean you shouldn't worry over something that's way up in the future, focus on getting clear first ;) Good luck with the derm.

#7 handmedown

handmedown

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 July 2012 - 01:17 PM

There is a lot of treatments, very true but I read that it's a lot harder to get rid of bacne scars than scars on the face. All of mine seem to be like tiny white dots when my back is stretched out so maybe some chemical peels will fix it :)

I will focus on clearing first thanks! Best of luck with the accutane.

#8 handmedown

handmedown

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:13 PM

So I've bought some things to try and remedy the acne and hopefully fade the marks and scars.

I'm back on the 10% panoxyl gel and I'm also using a sea salt exfoliator, sea salt soap bar to try and balance the pH of my skin on my back, then using skin doctors gamma hydroxy skin resurfacing cream and pure shea butter afterwards to moisturise and aid the marks/scars. Before showering I'm applying ACV with rose water and letting it dry before rinsing it off.

Here is a picture I just took at home with a better webcam, not sure if it shows much detail will try to get an actual cam shot soon up close to show the scars.

How does it look?

Attached Thumbnails

• Photo on 20-07-2012 at 02.01 #3.jpg
  • Photo on 20-07-2012 at 02.03 #4.jpg

Edited by handmedown, 19 July 2012 - 07:16 PM.

#9 handmedown

handmedown

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 July 2012 - 10:21 AM

So I've been treating it now with this regime I created of ACV, sea salt soap, 10% BP cream and shea butter for 3-4 days now and it's already showing vast improvements. My skin is becoming very red and dry after the vinegar so I might need to calm down a bit on that.

Here is a full back pic like the first of the last post and a pic of each side of my shoulders at a different angle showing the marks better.

I'm hoping the shea butter will help fade the marks as they're what look the worst.

*Just noticed also that my right shoulder on the straight back images is a lot higher up than my left... any idea why this is lol looks really strange.*

Attached Thumbnails

• back.jpg
  • left shoulder.jpg
  • right shoulder.jpg