Photo

Suffering From Acne For 12 Years

acne dairy cystic adult cured diet gluten red mark

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 chaseap01

chaseap01

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:22 AM

Hello everyone,
I am going to try to make this as brief as possible but bare with me anyway =P

I have been suffering from acne since about the age of 15 or 16 years old. My face is littered with scars, indentations and red marks.
I have had cystic acne, small bumps, black heads and white heads.

I have tried so many different things it's probably unbelievable.

I had the best success with Acne Free Severe. I made a post about it a couple years ago. I stopped using this product because I just couldn't handle the burning, itching and severely dry skin. I am also not a person that can handle the feeling of something smeared all over my face.

I have been there, I know what it's like. You don't want to leave the house, you don't want anyone to see you and you don't want to look in the mirror.

I am almost 30 years old and I asked myself, why on earth do I STILL have acne? It literally plagued me as to why someone my age was still dealing with this.

I have always heard that when people go through puberty that they usually have some kind of breakouts because of the fluctuation of hormones and increased sebum production but there is no way I am still going through this phase!

I was angry, embarrassed and upset ... that was until last week.

Now I know it's kind of early to be this excited and shouting it to the world but I am pretty sure I finally cured, not treated , my acne.

I decided to start researching adult acne. What is causing this? What do a lot of people in the same boat have in common? Is there anything I can do about it?

Why yes, yes there is. I stopped eating gluten and cut dairy out of my diet. At first I thought this wasn't working. I figured I would still wake up with 5 new pimples or a giant cyst somewhere. I figured I would shave and have a battle field of bumps all over my neck.

Guess what? I did. I was pissed, I had that usual feeling of "Damn, this didn't work either." But, I kept on going. I refused to eat gluten or dairy for at least a month before giving up. I mean, these 4 new cysts on my face pretty much ruined the excitement for me.

Then I thought, wait a minute! A lot of people have an "initial breakout" before they start getting better. So I decided to head back to Google and do some research. Not only did I find out that i was right but I also found out that a cyst takes up to 2 weeks to actually become apparent so it was probably hiding under there for a while now.

As of today I am at 1 week with no dairy or gluten. The cysts are slowly fading and I have not had a single zit. Not ONE. My back is already 100% clear.

I really mean 100%! I have yet to have another pimple on my face, by my ears, behind my ears or on my neck. It's just like they all packed their bags and left.

I am excited but I am also angry. I am angry that I have been fighting this almost my entire adult life and it was something this simple. I am angry that I spent over $4,000.00 on laser treatments and it was something as simple as this.

How on earth could doctors, scientists or anyone for that matter, not figure this out?

If you suffer from adult cystic acne I strongly urge you to try this. I am truly stunned by these results. Either way, you have nothing to lose except for maybe a couple pounds!

I know this may not work for everyone and I wish it did but if I can help one person finally kick this horrible disease I would be happy.

Good luck and take care!

I will keep everyone updated as well. When I hit week two I will make another post.

Thanks =)

#2 onefatalgoose

onefatalgoose

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 July 2012 - 04:01 AM

Not only did I find out that i was right but I also found out that a cyst takes up to 2 weeks to actually become apparent so it was probably hiding under there for a while now.

Yep, it's good that you stuck it out. Many people are in fact discouraged when after starting a new diet plan, they still get a few cysts within a week or two. It really does take a while for any new diet change to really take shape, and for you to see those changes in your skin. Some things may show up quicker than others, but overall it's a longer process than most people think

80%-20% Alkaline forming vs Acid forming Diet

`Organic~
                                                                            I don't consume:
                                                                                     *Dairy
                                                                               *Whole grains
                                                                             *Refined sugars
                                                                                 *Table salt
                                                                              *Vegetable oils
                                                                        *Processed/Fast foods
                                           *Genetically Modified Foods (GMOs)
                                                                      As well as the pesticides/herbicides that come with them

My philosophy: Less externally, more internally

Even taking long hot showers in chemically treated tap water is too harsh for acne prone skin

(And that's without a face wash)

This site is absolutely loaded with info on curing acne internally

#3 chaseap01

chaseap01

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 July 2012 - 01:43 PM

So it has been a little over 1 week and as disgusting as it sounds, black heads/white heads are literally just falling out of my pores. When I wash my face and apply toner I can see black heads all over the cotton pad. My nose is looking about 50% clearer and my pores seem to be shrinking and skin becoming smoother.

I guess my pores seem smaller because they are clearing out and tightening back up.

I will update again when something substantial happens.

#4 chaseap01

chaseap01

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:42 PM

I have two new pimples today. I have yet to hit my two week mark so I assume they are issues that were already hiding under there. No new white heads and black heads are still coming out.

My skin texture is smoother than ever.

#5 chaseap01

chaseap01

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:24 PM

Well, it looks like I am back to square 1. My acne has flared up like crazy again. I feel like nothing is ever going to help me. This is so depressing.

#6 vputinov

vputinov

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:29 AM

If you haven't already, try a 'No Sugar No Flower' diet. It helped me a lot: http://www.acne.org/...ment-with-pics/

Edited by vputinov, 27 July 2012 - 05:29 AM.

#7 chaseap01

chaseap01

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:43 AM

Made an appointment with my derm. I start Accutane on Sept 10th. Wish me luck : /

#8 ohmygod

ohmygod

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:03 AM

I've tried the whole diet thing, and i have to say, its worse than acne, you feel constantly depressed/miserable, going to restaurants and not being able to hardly eat ANYTHING on the menu, while your friends eat what they want, while pondering you while you sip on your water and eat your salad with no dressing... seriously, food is one the best things you can experience in life, and youre going to limit yourself to caveman foods?

All the power to you if you could actually do this, i sure as hell couldnt.

#9 AcneWonderland

AcneWonderland

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:29 AM

^ yea. i was with friend to cinema once (well more than once in total P: but its still rare enough with all this ofcourse >_>) and they were like picking sweets and all kinda shit i usually love Posted Image while i was miserably on diet trying to find less dangerous dried fruit =__= but acne on my face unmoved as ever anyway.

sorry i didnt read post, op, but i have it also 10 yrs by now, its just sick.

~my face will be the death of me~

acne: resistance is futile!

#10 cvd

cvd

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:15 PM

I too never cleared up with diet alone. It helped inflammation but acne still happened. The regime I'm on below is keeping me clear. It's complicated but it works...it attacks acne from all angles and sometimes that's what it takes for really resistant deeper acne (cystic). I'm convinced that it is the combination of diet + BP cleanser + cleocin-T topical + monthly microdermabrasions that really made the difference. After starting that part of the regime I did not break out again!!! Spiro and Oracea never did it on their own or combined but I'm taking them for now...will be weaned off them. Just thought I'd share this. It's frustrating when there isn't a simple solution but that's just how it is for some of us =P

Status - 99.9% clear

Morning - Panoxyl 4 Cleanser (BP), Cleocin-T, DML Lotion, Physician's Formula SPF 30 Mineral Pressed Powder, Spiro 100 mg

Night - Cetaphil Antibacterial Bar, DML Lotion

Monthly - Professional microdermabrasion

Diet - Whole high nutrient unprocessed foods.  Avoid oils, dairy, sugars, bread, nuts, alcohol, caffeine, and fermented foods.

Supplements - Opti l-zinc, citrical + D3

Daily - Walk, breath deeply, meditate and do yoga daily, wear hats for sun protection 

#11 Jim Bean

Jim Bean

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 July 2012 - 01:42 AM

Sorry to hear about your acne relapsing. You definitely went in the right direction changing your diet; however, at age 30, it's safe to assume you've been eating the "wrong foods" for decades. The body is a very complex machine. Attacking your body all these years with processed foods, refined flours, sugar, and God knows what other toxins really takes its toll on the body and its organs.

Removing gluten and dairy is a very good step in the right direction: but, there are many other factors that contribute to acne. Really what acne boils down to is the diet. Through your diet is what affects every other organ in your body; whether it's your liver, kidneys, adrenal system - It's all tied down to what you feed your body. I would take a closer look at what your eating, and research more about nutrition and what foods have a negative affect to your body.

Not only gluten and homogenized, pasteurized dairy is bad for you, but there's a big list of other things you should be aware of: Refined oils, GMO food, factory farmed meats, man made synthetic chemicals such as: fluoride, aspartame, etc... Pretty much all food that's in a box is bad for you.

You're going to want to eat nutrient dense food. That means the bulk of your intake is going to be from vegetables, fruits, seeds, and nuts. All those are incredibly dense with micronutrients - Not only with vitamins and minerals, but phytochemicals. Your body, every individual cell - over 50 trillion in the human body - needs these micronutrients to function properly. Without them, the cells become deformed and eventually die. Almost all disease states come from cell death.

In my opinion, I would steer clear of Accutane - That is a poison. I recommend you try a whole food diet for at least one year. Give your body time to heal itself once you properly feed it the stuff it needs. I personally cured my acne by changing my diet and supplementation.

Best of luck - Overfl00d