Photo

Frustrated And Ready To Strangle The Next Stranger Who Comments My Skin :d

hormonal female nodules chemical peel red mark

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 lexicat

lexicat

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:59 AM

Yo. im 20 now...
Ive had acne since middle school.... went to a derm and they fixed it with Benzaclin's gel form. was lovely.
then when i did a year as an exchange student to Japan, my face broke out within 3 weeks of landing. like. completely across my face...
after a year, i returned to the states and re-started benzaclin , supported with Yaz birth control.
I was once again beautiful :)

Now ive moved back to tokyo for university studies...and..alas, my face is hell again. This was two years ago, btw. ive heard of people breaking out until theyre 'used to' their surroundings after a year or so. no. not me.
i feel no stress. I eat healthy and drink loads of water. exercise. sleep. take vitamins.
nothing.
so started doing chemical peels at the dermatologist, which helped a bit with the red marks left behind by previous pimples, but hasnt seemed to do much in prevention.
tried numerous gels and creams the japanese dermatologist suggested-all made me worse...
and now im moving back to the states next month...
in hong kong at the moment, started Yazmin birth control and a 5% benzoyl peroxide cream,,,

most of my problem is on my cheeks and jaw...
nose is COVERED with blackheads,
cheeks have the hard pustule type of things that oftentime never rise to a head,
occasional nodules on the jawbone (a bit under my eye) and stay there a good 6 or 7 months before receding.. and leaving a mark for all of eternity
and all across my chin and around the mouth are these hard little whitehead type of things that are seem to only increase in number, and never dislodge themselves until the inflame up profusely and then after healing, leave another dark red mark.
woe is me.

I get an awful lot of people who on the streets try to give me advice, or tell me how bad they feel. if guns were legal in japan, im pretty sure i know where id be right now . lol
and on top of it... i model. and i get turned down loads of jobs due ot my skin.. ... im moving to NYC this year and want to go to open calls for the leading agencies, but am totally not able to w/ a complexion like this.
what am i doing wrong.
how the hell can i reverse this.
im sick of being an adult, and having people make fun of my face.

as we speak my HongKong friend's mom who chews with her mouth open and openly farts all the time is throwing newspaper ads for miracle acne cures at me, and telling me i must not eat right.
fuck. you.

it doesnt look severe, aside from reoccurring nodules i get in the upper jaw region,,,,yeowch.

but people definitely know how to say things that make you stop going out of your house...ya know.

Attached Files

#2 Girl22

Girl22

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:13 AM

Hi your skin could look a little like mine, yours are just more red. I also dó All the right things (eat healthy, exercise, vitamins etc) but still get breakouts :(

have you considered trying laser treatments? It might help ón the redness. I Tried a laser called nlite laser for the scars, but sadly it didnt help that Much ón the scars, but my skin Got less red, and i had feber breakouts ón my cheeks.

What skin routines dó you have now? I am thinking about What u dó in the morning and evening.

#3 lexicat

lexicat

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:59 AM

ahhh i did chem. peels,,, lactic acid cuz the derm. SWORE it was good for acne treatmenttttt
and nothing really changed either. haha
back on the pill, and moving from japan to elsewhere, so hopefully that will make some change.

ummm my routine honestly has to be changed depending on the day....as some days im fairly oily, and others im peeling apart. then theres the rare normal days that give me hope .haha
i have been using a bar soap with a net to make it foam up that contains AHA in it...as i get buildup of ..skin/grime/etc and that gets it all off and seems to help w/ the lightening of the red after-marks...however i feel like it might be too harsh, so im considering going back onto clearasil or just warm water......when my skin was at its best, i just used warm water to get the grease off my t-zone and a super light moisturizer... ahhh those were the days~
for toner/moisturizer/etc.. i use the brand NOV...its kind of like the clinique of Japan, and is really friendly to sensitive skin . so its about the only thing ive found that doesnt make me rash or sting. ^^
as of this week i started doing nightly clay masks, as i wonder if maybe drawing out the impurities would help somehow? i feel though a lot has to do with hormones though...lets pray the pill gets things back in line. Posted Image

heres it the end of last year though.............. so id like to think its made improvements? haha

went from

Attached Files

#4 Murph89

Murph89

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:06 AM

I can't really offer any help besides recommending seeing a new derm for topicals and or antiobiotics. Also I recommend aveno ulta calming foaming cleanser. It has natural calming feverfew which is similar to camomile so it helps with redness significantly. But, where in NYC are you moving to? I just moved here from so cal. I live on the upper west side in manhattan.

Edited by Murph89, 13 July 2012 - 11:09 AM.

#5 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:26 PM

Most women have to treat acne hormonally. You have to STAY on birth control or spiro to keep your hormones level. It won't cure it. If you go off the acne comes back. So stay on yasmin.

photo-152109.gif?_r=1345837784?__rand=0.

I don't get notified of your response to my post unless you QUOTE my post.

Please only quote a small portion of the post so it doesn't clutter up the thread. 

How to Treat Hormonal Acne

Good and Bad Birth Control Pills and Implants for Acne

How to take Spironolactone

List of Doctors Who Prescribe Spironolactone

Topicals for Hormonal Acne

HOW I STAY 100% CLEAR:

Spironolactone (anti-androgen drug)

Betaine HCL with each meal

Avoiding silicones and occlusives in skin/hair products

#6 nfamousjade

nfamousjade

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:34 PM

I'm also trying to model but my skin makes it somewhat impossible. To model you need that perfect complexion which is a bbitch if you dony have it. Have u tried aloe Vera gel from the plant for the redness? Or have u tried Dan's regimen?

#7 Ghostunit

Ghostunit

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 15
About Me

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:28 PM

Hi your skin could look a little like mine, yours are just more red. I also dó All the right things (eat healthy, exercise, vitamins etc) but still get breakouts Posted Image

have you considered trying laser treatments? It might help ón the redness. I Tried a laser called nlite laser for the scars, but sadly it didnt help that Much ón the scars, but my skin Got less red, and i had feber breakouts ón my cheeks.

What skin routines dó you have now? I am thinking about What u dó in the morning and evening.

Just keep on exercising and eating healthy! Good for you anyways. I decided to eat healthy for ever, even if I am clear. I learned so much about health, etc.
If you keep doing that, your skin will glow once you are clear. Gotta keep on ;\ it does take a while.
Best way to make your skin smooth and clear eventually:

Plant-based diet is the best medicine for everything.. That's if you consume at least 80% raw, mainly from veggies and fruits.
Exercising: cardio is great for skin and lifting a bit.
Thinking positive and try not to stress or think about acne.

I am doing these and my skin is currently very smooth and clearing up!
I am a vegan raw 100%. I feel better, have more energy, saving animals a year, glow skin, I look younger, etc.

#8 allrighty

allrighty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:10 PM

Hang in there okay...

#9 lightersUP

lightersUP

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:58 AM

For oily skin and acne, salicylic acid is the best chemical peel since it penetrates sebum and clears it out. I've been doing weekly BHA peels for a month now and it's helped even me out soo much.

Oxy Maximum Face Wash

Dickinson's Witch Hazel

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion SPF15

#10 MgX

MgX

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 56
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:20 AM

......well... I think im gonna strangle my niece then......... Kidding! Still though... Wtf right?. :(

Ive been in ur situation and i still do hear comments like that.... And for me its hard to shake off...even if their kids...it still hurts.....

Just hold on and keep fighting..... Get to a derm and i hope that'll help coz thats really the first step.......... We're all here for each other......fight fight FIGHT Stinking ACNE!!!!

Edited by margox, 19 July 2012 - 02:26 AM.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.....

#11 hikingirl

hikingirl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:56 PM

I've never had a stranger comment to me about my skin, just family members and it's so frustrating!
Hang in there girl. I feel ya! My derm just put me on 100mg spiro once a day, he said since my acne is hormonal, that should help and I've read good reviews about it.