Photo

My Extra Virgin Olive Oil Regiman to Dissolve Blackheads

red mark

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 HamasakiJin

HamasakiJin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 March 2003 - 06:43 PM

Following Maya's advice to use extra virgin olive oil to dissolve blackheads. According to Maya, I should leave it on for 10 minutes a day, and see imrpovements in 2 weeks. Here is my proposed regiman:

Morning:
NU SKIN Exfoliant Scrub: Extra Gentle
OXY 10% Benzoyl peroxide Acne WASH
Neutrogena Healthy Skin SPF 15
1. Scrub all over face with 30 seconds and rinse with warm water.
2. Apply Oxy 10% on wet face and foam for 30 seconds. Rinse with warm water, then rinse with cold water.
3. 10 Minutes later, apply lotion.

Daytime:
1. Apply Extra Virgin Olive oil, leave on for 10 minutes. Rinse with warm. Rinse with cold.

Night time.
1. See Morning, minus the scrub and lotion.

-Notes: Face is clear except for blackheads, clogged pores, and a few red marks. Use Queen Helene twice a week.

- Post results every 2 days unless soemthing dramatic happens. Hoepfully this works :lol:.

#2 Maniac_22

Maniac_22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 March 2003 - 07:18 PM

Good someones actually keeping a log with the Extra Virgin Olive Oil! :lol:

#3 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 March 2003 - 12:28 PM

HamasakiJin

With the olive oil - make sure you really massage it well into your skin where you have blackheads and flakiness.

#4 HamasakiJin

HamasakiJin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 March 2003 - 09:01 PM

It broke me out!!!!
I GOT A PIMPLE :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
oy vey, still trying
its REALLY oily too...and it warms up, feels strange.

#5 HamasakiJin

HamasakiJin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 March 2003 - 05:03 PM

OH.......MY..........GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I BROKE OUT SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I had *CLEAR* skin, and now I have little bumps everywhere!
:P!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THis has been going on for a week.
Today, I changed face lotion to Nu Skin Moisdture Restore Day: oil Free protective for combination to oily skin, SPF 15. But man, this lotion is NICEEEEEEEE

#6 HamasakiJin

HamasakiJin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 March 2003 - 05:50 PM

ugh I'm pissed. I was CLEAR CLEAR before. Now I am HIDEOUS!!!! :P i quit.
Darn, everytime I start a regiman and post it here it always ends up bad (see lemon one from LONG time ago) :lol: :lol:

#7 robby

robby

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2003 - 08:06 PM

I, too, have tried the extra virgin, cold pressed olive oil for blackheads... and it doesnt work!!!!!! Oleic acid is like a 4 on the comedogenicity list... it clogs pores. Don't use it.

#8 fbmbassist

fbmbassist

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 June 2008 - 01:24 AM

That's odd...I've been using it for a few days now and it seems to be healing my pimples, not breaking me out. Maybe it depends on your skin type and the type of acne you have.

Plus, I don't leave on a big slather. If I've been wearing make up, I put it on and massage it to melt off the make up and remove black heads, and then I wash with a gentle glycerin soap to clean off the oil and the other gunk. I actually use the unscented Nature's Gift shower gel, because I've found it's much gentler than any facial soap I've tried. It cleans my face without stripping or leaving my face with residue. Sometimes I use olive oil as a moisturizer, but just enough so that it's soft, not greasy.

If I haven't been wearing make up, than I don't like to use a cleanser because it irritates my skin. Instead I mix a few drops of olive oil in a bowl and put it under running water so it dissipates, than i wash my face with that. Sometimes I'll follow up with a hydrosol toner, like rose, rose geranium, or carrot seed.

My type of acne usually comes from irritation, such as:
- sleeping with my cheeks on a rough pillow
- glasses rubbing on my skin near my temples (cyctic type)
- drinking alcohol
- not getting enough sleep
- sunburns
- using face wash, masks, etc. with salicylic acid, differin, other harsh products
- harsh scrubs, like the ones containing apricot pits.
- picking my skin (#1 cause I think).

When I use olive oil it helps my black heads pop up, leaves my skin feeling soft, heals my red/brown spots faster, and soothes it. One poster mentioned the "warming" affect. I can definitely feel that at times, but it seems to be disinfecting or bringing blood to the face to heal it or something. it always subsides after a few minutes and then feels much calmer then before.

You can read about other people who had similar experiences. Just type in "olive oil acne.org" into google and it will be one of the first that comes up.

#9 Fiyero

Fiyero

I won the Wicked Lottery - 11/10/07!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 June 2008 - 01:28 AM

This thread is 1,800+ days old

surprised.gif

#10 fbmbassist

fbmbassist

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 June 2008 - 01:34 AM

To clarify...I used to use EVOO a few months ago but I was obsessed with trying new products so I stopped, and trying new products messed up my skin again. I started up with EVOO again a few days ago and I'll see what happens. So my account is based my previous experience with olive oil, and the last few days that I started up again.

QUOTE (Fiyero @ Jun 19 2008, 02:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This thread is 1,800+ days old

surprised.gif

Haha, that's hilarious. I guess most of the olive oil conversation moved over to the other thread. I kept on trying to put the link but it wouldn't show up when I clicked "post". I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Let's see if this works. acne.org olive oil

Success!