Photo

Aloe Vera (From The Plant) Vs. Manuka Honey?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 TheTruthHurts

TheTruthHurts

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:30 PM

I believe my acne has improved and reduced significantly and I want to find ways to really improve and heal my skin topically and naturally. I've cut it down to 2 products: Aloe Vera from the plant and Manuka Honey.

Which do you think/ know would give me the best healing abilities? Whether it's light idented scars, that are still red, or hyperpigmentation (discoloration)

Or do you have suggestions for any other product? Combinations?

Thanks!

#2 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:10 PM

I haven't used aloe vera before but I have used manuka honey as a mask on and off for a while now. For me the honey has helped to fade some pigmentation. I'm guessing that if I used this more consistently and used one that had a higher UMF rating, there would be even more noticeable results. Just make sure to use a good quality manuka - the higher the UMF number the better.
I've heard good things about aloe also - so maybe a combination would be ok.
Good luck with it all :)

#3 TheTruthHurts

TheTruthHurts

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:47 AM

I haven't used aloe vera before but I have used manuka honey as a mask on and off for a while now. For me the honey has helped to fade some pigmentation. I'm guessing that if I used this more consistently and used one that had a higher UMF rating, there would be even more noticeable results. Just make sure to use a good quality manuka - the higher the UMF number the better.
I've heard good things about aloe also - so maybe a combination would be ok.
Good luck with it all Posted Image

Thanks for the reply! I'm thinking of using both at the same time, maybe aloe vera in the morning and then manuka at night. I have a feeling that aloe would act as a great moisturizer before bed or before I go out. Also do you think that manuka honey is safe to be used once everyday with the higher UMF? Though I have this small feeling that aloe would be the better product to use but thats only a feeling. :)

#4 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:34 PM

No worries :)
I don't think it would matter using the honey everyday - i don't think it becomes irritating or anything as the UMF increases - but this is just as far as I know. I really don't think it would be an issue as i've heard of people who use it as their cleanser without any issues...

There's an article that I'll link that talks about manuka honey in general - you might have heard this or come across this article already but I'll link it anyway. There could be info on this site about aloe - not sure but you could do a search. http://www.thelovevi...and-acne-scars/

Maybe you could try the products individually for a while and see how you go. See if you have an irritation to the aloe or not because I have heard of that happening to some people. And after a little while you could use them both in your routine.

#5 Ghostunit

Ghostunit

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 15
About Me

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:26 PM

Both are great for skin! I choose aloe vera because I am a vegan which we I am not allowed to use honey. Posted Image
I am sure you can use both, but aloe should be last as it soothe the skin, etc

Edited by Ghostunit, 17 July 2012 - 06:27 PM.

#6 DanTheMan123

DanTheMan123

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:50 PM

this is what I'm doing for hyperpigmentation. Fresh aloe during the day, manuka honey mask before bed, then an MSM cream overnight for skin regeneration. I'm not sure if it would be more helpful to do the aloe at night though, does anyone know about that?

Regardless, they are definitely two of the best things you can use for your face

#7 TheTruthHurts

TheTruthHurts

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:11 PM

this is what I'm doing for hyperpigmentation. Fresh aloe during the day, manuka honey mask before bed, then an MSM cream overnight for skin regeneration. I'm not sure if it would be more helpful to do the aloe at night though, does anyone know about that?

Regardless, they are definitely two of the best things you can use for your face

I am planning to also do aloe durrung the day and manuka at night as soon as Augest begins. Also what does MSM stand for? I would like to know a bit more about this product if you don't mind :)

#8 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:57 PM

I'm pretty sure MSM is a sulfur treatment - I don't know what MSM stands for exactly or how it helps acne but I'd like to know more about it too - and if possible where I can find some. Hopefully Dan or another user here will be able to help more