Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can A Significant Diet Change Cause Purging/detox Of Skin? Diet Help Or Advice?

29 posts in this topic

Quick update everyone!

Well, it's been 4 weeks or so on my new diet and, sadly, I have not seen any significant difference in my acne :(. I will continue to eat healthy but will no longer deprive myself of my wheat based starches and carbs, as I have been losing weight. With my height, workout regimen, and body type, I just can't afford to lose ANY weight at all.

Hopefully I'll see some sort of progress in the next month.

I think you are trying too hard and putting too much stress. Cut down the supplements and stop lifting weights see how it goes. Also for the juice 1 cup is enough carrot,cucumber,celery. Eat the rest whole.

Quick update everyone!

Well, it's been 4 weeks or so on my new diet and, sadly, I have not seen any significant difference in my acne sad.png. I will continue to eat healthy but will no longer deprive myself of my wheat based starches and carbs, as I have been losing weight. With my height, workout regimen, and body type, I just can't afford to lose ANY weight at all.

Hopefully I'll see some sort of progress in the next month.

Keep going, but yeah go ahead and seldom eat whole grain/wheat breads like I do. I would seriously give your juicing around 3 months.... MAYBE six, before completely giving up. And please be safe and careful! Don't loose any more weight! XD

Best of luck for another month! :D

You don't even need to do an official detox - just eat right for your body. Americans especially, eat too much meat and sugar in their diet. Eating healthy is a really great way for your body to stablize itself and will reduce the frequency of pimples.

Here's an example of my daily diet:

low sugar cereal with soy milk along with a glass of OJ for breakfast

home cooked baked salmon, asparagus and steamed brown rice for lunch

multi-grain pasta with marinara sauce, chicken tossed on top (sometimes shrimp)

I don't drink soda and I only drink alcohol on the weekends and sparingly. I find that alcohol also makes me break out.

You really need to put a concerted effort if you want less acne, it's not an overnight success. I would go here and sign-up for the newsletter where they show you how you can live better and stuff you can do now to improve your acne immediately. After trying countless OTC drugs and perscribtion drugs, I found this to be something that truly works naturally and is not rough on your skin since you don't put anything on it. Just follow the direction, clean your face gently and lead a healthy lifestyle. It does work!

Yulia)))