Photo

Epiduo Reviews

epiduo chemical peel

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 Syth

Syth

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:23 AM

Hello,

Today my dermatologist prescribed me Epiduo due to having mild acne and some small brown pigmentation spots. I'm not particularly fussed about my acne as it really isn't that bad, but I would like to remove the pigmentation spots. I guess I just feel quite hesitant to use Epiduo, as I really don't want to make my skin any worse.

The pigmentation spots on my face were caused due to having my skin tweezed in the wrong manner -- which its been there for a few months now, but my skin has started to improve & they've slowly been fading.

It was suggested that I should use Epiduo for around 3 months, and if nothing happens I should visit my derm again & consider chemical peels (which she doubted that it'd come to that).

Overall, the reviews generally seem mixed -- so I've been unable to gather whether it'd be beneficial or not to use it.

To all those whom have used Epiduo, has it generally improved your skin?

#2 kirra98

kirra98

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:29 AM

Hello,

Today my dermatologist prescribed me Epiduo due to having mild acne and some small brown pigmentation spots. I'm not particularly fussed about my acne as it really isn't that bad, but I would like to remove the pigmentation spots. I guess I just feel quite hesitant to use Epiduo, as I really don't want to make my skin any worse.

The pigmentation spots on my face were caused due to having my skin tweezed in the wrong manner -- which its been there for a few months now, but my skin has started to improve & they've slowly been fading.

It was suggested that I should use Epiduo for around 3 months, and if nothing happens I should visit my derm again & consider chemical peels (which she doubted that it'd come to that).

Overall, the reviews generally seem mixed -- so I've been unable to gather whether it'd be beneficial or not to use it.

I've used Epiduo for a while, I don't use it anymore but I will say that less is more! If your are going to use it build it up over the time you use it. I started off with Epiduo on for 15 minutes every other and then wash it off afterwards. It really depends on how much your skin can take on. If you use too much it can make your skin red for a few days and you will find it painful to move your mouth. Just my experiences! Good luck :)

#3 Syth

Syth

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:44 AM

Hello,

I've used Epiduo for a while, I don't use it anymore but I will say that less is more! If your are going to use it build it up over the time you use it. I started off with Epiduo on for 15 minutes every other and then wash it off afterwards. It really depends on how much your skin can take on. If you use too much it can make your skin red for a few days and you will find it painful to move your mouth. Just my experiences! Good luck Posted Image

Fair enough.

I just put it on my skin then and I was wondering if its normal for me to not feel anything? Some people have stated that they feel a burning sensation when they applied it. Oh, and is it best to put a moisturiser on an hour or so after application?

#4 kirra98

kirra98

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:45 AM

Hello,

I've used Epiduo for a while, I don't use it anymore but I will say that less is more! If your are going to use it build it up over the time you use it. I started off with Epiduo on for 15 minutes every other and then wash it off afterwards. It really depends on how much your skin can take on. If you use too much it can make your skin red for a few days and you will find it painful to move your mouth. Just my experiences! Good luck Posted Image

Fair enough.

I just put it on my skin then and I was wondering if its normal for me to not feel anything? Some people have stated that they feel a burning sensation when they applied it. Oh, and is it best to put a moisturiser on an hour or so after application?

Hmm, does it burn after that? Maybe you're putting too much on. Normally I would put the Epiduo on right before I go to bed but yeah put moisturizer on if you feel you need it. If you put it on after your shower when your pores are still open then it will sting pretty bad!

#5 Syth

Syth

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:53 AM

Hello,

Fair enough.

Hmm, does it burn after that? Maybe you're putting too much on. Normally I would put the Epiduo on right before I go to bed but yeah put moisturizer on if you feel you need it. If you put it on after your shower when your pores are still open then it will sting pretty bad!

Putting too much on? To clarify, I didn't mean that I can't feel anything in the sense of it being numb, but rather some people have stated that they receive a burning sensation after application-- I have an answer for this already, though. Also, I wait for 40mins after my shower to apply it... I think I'm getting my IB, haha. Posted Image

#6 kirra98

kirra98

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:16 AM

Hello,

Fair enough.

Putting too much on? To clarify, I didn't mean that I can't feel anything in the sense of it being numb, but rather some people have stated that they receive a burning sensation after application-- I have an answer for this already, though. Also, I wait for 40mins after my shower to apply it... I think I'm getting my IB, haha. Posted Image

Well then you're putting the right amount on, do you have acne or just pimples in general? It should work pretty well after a few days :) benzoyl peroxide is a bleach though so be careful when out in the sun

#7 Syth

Syth

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:38 AM

Just pimples, though I'm mainly using it in order to remove some pigmentation on my cheek (which its already partially helped).

How long did your initial breakout last for? and how long did it take for you to see your results, if you had any?

#8 kirra98

kirra98

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:46 PM

Just pimples, though I'm mainly using it in order to remove some pigmentation on my cheek (which its already partially helped).

How long did your initial breakout last for? and how long did it take for you to see your results, if you had any?

I don't think I had an IB, but I saw results in the first 2 weeks I was on it. Unfortunately it wasn't much help to me as my skin was extremely sensitive.

#9 snsdgirl14

snsdgirl14

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:39 AM

I've been using Epiduo for about six months now and have overall seen great results. I started using it back in January for a bad breakout of pustules/hyperpigmentation. It took about a month for me to see visible results (no active acne) and I did have an IB on it. The IB wasn't too bad, I just got new zits for a week or two that came to a head quickly. After that month passed my skin only improved more and more and now almost all my marks have faded away (granted, I've also had two chemical peels, but I think Epiduo definitely helped accelerate my cell turnover on my skin).

I would recommend it. It keeps the pimples at bay for sure.

[CURRENT REGIMEN]

AM:

Wash with La Roche-Posay Effaclar Foaming Gel (European version) + Clarisonic Mia

Apply CeraVe AM Moisturizer w/ SPF 30

Apply Aczone (dapsone) 

PM:

Wash with La Roche-Posay Effaclar Foaming Gel + Clarisonic Mia
Apply CeraVe PM Moisturizer 
Apply Epiduo (adapalene + benzoyl peroxide)
50 mg of Spironolactone 

[CURRENT STATUS]
90% clear

#10 spots_go_away

spots_go_away

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:27 PM

epiduo burned my skin like crazy (even when applying the smallest amount every other night!) so be really careful with the amount/frequency you use it when starting. I think I have really sensitive skin and had to stop using it..

*My Accutane Log*

Started September 28th 2010
Month 1 - 40mg Isotretinoin
Month 2 - 40mg Isotretinoin
Month 3 - 70mg Isotretinoin
Month 4 - 70mg Isotretinoin
Month 5 - 70mg Isotretinoin

#11 phomein

phomein

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:14 PM

Hello,

Fair enough.

hey syth, i'm also in the same predicament, i feel no burning sensation. I feel as if i've used so many products over the years, my face no longer feels anything :(. you said you had an answer to this already? what is it? I've heard that the burning sensation sorta means that it's working and that when others on these boards have said epiduo didn't work for them, they also said it never really burned for them, so my unofficial theory is that if it burns, it works.I just want to know if epiduo is working b/c i've been getting a crazy breakout (ib?) and i don't know if its the ib or if its just not working and making my skin worse.