Photo

Oily Skin Is Making Me Miserable :(

oily skin

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

#21 vincevega

vincevega

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:37 AM

treasure your oil skin...especially if you've eaten roaccutane. You are so lucky

Pardon my French, but why *the fuck* would anybody treasure the thing that's such a pain in the ass to them? Honestly, what made you think it would be a good idea to post such an absolutely pointless comment on here? At least clarify where you're coming from..

What is it with people coming on internet forums and posting such meaningless drivel? Don't you realize there's people on here desperate for good, helpful information? It just annoys me so much that even on a specialized forum for oily skin, at least half of the posts made on here are completely useless.

She probably just means that some people who take accutane are left with overly dry skin and they actually want some of their sebum back.

Sebum doesn't moisturise, so her comment is still pretty useless...a) it doesn't answer the OP's question b) telling someone they should cherish their oily skin is just plain ridiculous.

Exactly. This is a serious subject and people come to this forum for help. I, and I'm sure most on here, are absolutely fed up with reading nonsense. We want helpful comments.

Well since you asked and took such offence at my comment I'll give you some insight and hope that you may have some constructive advice.
Roaccutane has destroyed my body's ability to hydrate & moisturize my skin. My sebacious glands do not ptoduce a drop of sebum. This is only a recent development in my list of side effects lasting the last 6 months. I am so envious to hear that otheres have regained oilyness & would give pardon my french *fucking anything* to have that back. Ive aged 10 years in the last 6 mnths and yeah you have no idea how lucky you are. Buy some blotting papers and be thankful.

Indeed I have no idea of how lucky I am because I am not lucky at all. I have the oiliest skin known to mankind and it makes me feel like absolute shit. I feel miserable most of the time purely because of my oily skin. I try not to, but it's always fucking there isn't it and I can't exactly ignore it either, can I?

Now, I'm sad to hear of your side-effects. They sound horrible and I can imagine you feel terrible. And compared with you, I seem to have less to worry about and I do feel a bit silly sometimes when I think about how much worse things could be and the fact that there are a lot worse things out there than oily skin...

That being said, this is a special forum for oily skin. I come on here everyday to hopefully one day find that magic cure for oily skin that would help me live a happy life. What I don't need is people coming on here and saying "buy some blotting papers and be thankful". Where is that going to get me? In fact, where is that getting you? It's pointless. That may sound harsh but honestly, you wouldn't want me saying something along the lines of "Just buy some moisturizer and be greatful", would you? I've got my hopes up so many times and read so much absolute shit on websites and forums that I really do not need to read anymore pointless rubbish... I'd rather hear about possible cures.

I genuinely hope you get better and your side-effects disappear completely.

#22 lallybelle

lallybelle

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:20 AM

I have very oily skin that I can't stand, either. No cures here, just some possible coping methods that I have used:

1. Not my favorite, but powder works occasionally for me, but after awhile of using it (several weeks) will stop working. The "non-shiny" effect only lasts a couple of hours, then I have to apply more (not a great idea) or use the hell out of blotting papers.I'm noticing too that it might be breaking me out a little right now- that's a first in using powder for 30 years! it's a crap-shoot, too- finding out which powder works for you. Oh, and if you're a guy- I guess this won't apply (I didn't check to see before writing this reply- my bad.
2. Using a silicone- based anti-shine product. Has been known to break some people out (clogs pores I think but I'm not a doctor so IDK), and can be expensive. Neutrogena, Dr. Brandt, Smashbox make them. A more economical, if not a little embarrassing for some folks, is (don't laugh) Monistat Anti-chafing gel. Yes, it is in the feminine products section with the other Monistat products; but it is not as costly, a little goes a long way so it lasts a while, and hey- if it doesn't work, you can use it to keep new shoes from rubbing and blistering your feet. Or for it's intended use- to keep your thighs from chafing. Use a *small* amount on oily areas. Like the powder- it may have broken me out, but I still use it once in a while until it does. It seemed to work while I was on the Regimen- maybe because I was keeping the BP "sealed in"- as silicone is said to do.
3. Use a Milk of Magnesia mask. Google this one- I tried this but think I did it wrong and got fed up. But it does work for some.
4. Blotting papers, blotting papers, blotting papers! I swear by these and stash them everywhere- purse, car, work, bathroom...the only problem is that I have to wait till I am shiny to use them. And sometimes I have to use them quite a few times during the day. It is worth it to me though.
5. Acceptance- I will probably always have oily skin- I inherited it from my dad, who still has oily skin at age 75. Sigh.

Remember- this is only my experience, it may not work for everyone. That said, I am always on the quest for the greasy skin cure. As soon as I find it (or something that totally works for me)- this will be the first place I will post it!!!

Edited by lallybelle, 25 November 2012 - 08:14 PM.

#23 RNIC2

RNIC2

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:33 PM

i use to suffer from oily skin, it's hereditary but i started using the Clinique mild bar and Clinique dramatic Difference Gel, now my face stays oil free for more time!.. now i just need to find a treatment that works on side of these to magnificent products.

#24 Cyberpile

Cyberpile

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:09 PM

Megadosing on vitamin A will dry out your skin. It might harm your liver, though.

#25 Cleaarly

Cleaarly

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:00 PM

I have really oily skin too and it's really taking a toll on me. My skin is not just oily but greasy. I have to blot every hour to look presentable. It's driving me crazy. I try hard to accept me for who I am (even my oily skin) but it seriously gets in the way of everything and affects every aspect of my life... I look in the mirror and all I see is an oily mess. This sucks. 

Anyway, if you are male, try Saw Palmetto, it may help... I tried this a while back for a few days and it definitely made me less oily but also made my skin look orange/yellow, gave me white heads/little bumps on my skin, extremely cold feet, and a headache. Unfortunately I couldn't continue with these side effects.

Since then, I tried Spiro but it made me feel so bad, like I am hung over, and gave me a brain fog. Again, I had to stop. I'm trying out different birth control pills now but I doubt any of them will actually work.

By the way, I tried Milk of Magnesia last year and it actually made my skin even more oily. Mind you, I'm already oily - I look like someone greased my face with olive oil. 

#26 aquaaura999

aquaaura999

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:39 AM

I have had very oily greasy skin since I can remember. The product I use which helps is Avon magix. It keeps you matt and has sbf 20 in it so no greasy sun lotion. Mind you. I am nearly 40 and don't have wrinkles which is because of the oily skin.