Photo

Is It Alright To Use The Aha Moisturizer Over Bp Treatment?

aha alpha hydroxy acid benzoyl peroxide moisturizer glycolic acid

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 myeh11324

myeh11324

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:07 PM

At night I cleanse my face using Dan's cleanser, then follow up with the BP treatment, and about 3-4 times a week I replace the regular moisturizer with his AHA moisturizer. Does the BP hinder the effect of AHA at all? Or vice versa?

#2 nfamousjade

nfamousjade

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:34 PM

You can definitely use it as a moisturizer. Even Dan uses it that way. It will not hinder the effects of the bp. Btw does dans BP dry you out?

#3 myeh11324

myeh11324

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:44 PM

Nope, Dan's BP doesn't really dry me out.. nothing that some moisturizer can't fix. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that I used proactiv for almost six years before switching over to Dan's treatment though, so my skin has already become accustomed to BP.

#4 rush25

rush25

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:12 PM

I've been using AHA+ over BP for a few years now and it works so well.

#5 myeh11324

myeh11324

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:30 PM

Yay, that sounds reassuring.

nfamousjade - I forgot to mention that I also have combo/oily skin, so that's definitely a factor as well.

#6 nfamousjade

nfamousjade

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:59 PM

Yay, that sounds reassuring.

nfamousjade - I forgot to mention that I also have combo/oily skin, so that's definitely a factor as well.

Oh okay thanks! I'm currenly using a bp but im running out and I have a brand new tube of dans BP so I was thinking about switching. Since i heard great results.I'm nervous it might break me out since im new to this brand. :/ did u get an initial breakout from switching for proactiv to dans?

#7 myeh11324

myeh11324

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:03 PM

Nope I didn't, it was a really smooth transition. A lot of people seemed to experience an initial breakout though, just know that it's perfectly common and normal, and the best advice is just to stick to it even if you get discouraged from the break outs. If you don't experience it.. then you're lucky! if you don't have sensitive skin, the BP won't have such adverse effects on you such as dryness, flaking, breakouts, etc.

#8 nfamousjade

nfamousjade

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:15 PM

Nope I didn't, it was a really smooth transition. A lot of people seemed to experience an initial breakout though, just know that it's perfectly common and normal, and the best advice is just to stick to it even if you get discouraged from the break outs. If you don't experience it.. then you're lucky! if you don't have sensitive skin, the BP won't have such adverse effects on you such as dryness, flaking, breakouts, etc.

Well that's really good to hear! My skin isnt sensitive at all. So i hope it'll be a smooth transition because im pretty clear right now. How is the regimen working for you so far?

#9 myeh11324

myeh11324

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:35 PM

It's working well - I've noticed the most change regarding the texture of my skin. It feels a lot smoother and softer now. Before I started the regimen, my main problems were hyperpigmentation/dark marks, constant breakouts (especially on my cheeks, everytime one blemish healed, another would pop back up) and just overall bad complexion/texture. Proactiv sort of worked with getting rid of actual 'active acne', especially on my forehead, but I was still left with these tiny little bumps that made my skin look uneven.
I think Dan's system is a lot better than proactiv - I'm only about a month and a half into it but I've noticed dramatic changes already. But I will say it hasn't stopped breakouts completely - I still get some from time to time. The AHA moisturizer has seemed to help a lot with fading hyperpigmentation.. the marks on my cheek are definitely lighter. There's still a lot of room for improvement though!

#10 nfamousjade

nfamousjade

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:47 PM

It's working well - I've noticed the most change regarding the texture of my skin. It feels a lot smoother and softer now. Before I started the regimen, my main problems were hyperpigmentation/dark marks, constant breakouts (especially on my cheeks, everytime one blemish healed, another would pop back up) and just overall bad complexion/texture. Proactiv sort of worked with getting rid of actual 'active acne', especially on my forehead, but I was still left with these tiny little bumps that made my skin look uneven.
I think Dan's system is a lot better than proactiv - I'm only about a month and a half into it but I've noticed dramatic changes already. But I will say it hasn't stopped breakouts completely - I still get some from time to time. The AHA moisturizer has seemed to help a lot with fading hyperpigmentation.. the marks on my cheek are definitely lighter. There's still a lot of room for improvement though!

Yeah proactiv got rid of my acne but not the marks. And for some reason the marks bothered me more thank the acne. I'm finally clear. I'm using the AHA, to try and get rid of my marks, it does seem to works. I like it a lot actually. I wanted to use the regimen, but I kinda wanted to start a more natural approach but stopping BP is really scary. So I'm currently washing my face with honey and using BP afterwards. Lol Dans seems a lot better than proactive but I just heard a lot of ppl suffer from dryness, irritation, and sometimes breakouts so it made me nervous to try it. But just keep going, ppl start seeing results after a month or two....its okay to break out time to time even ppl with perfect skin do. But just keep at it. good luck! :)