Photo

Light/laser Treatment For Hormonal Acne?

light treatment laser treatmen hormonal acne teenage acne hormonal light laser hormones

5 replies to this topic

#1 AnnaWags

AnnaWags

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:45 PM

Hi there. Posted Image
I am a 17-year-old girl with hormonal acne. I have tried birth control, Ortho Tri-Cylcen Lo, and I did not like the side effects of it. I gained weight and my mood swings were absolutely TERRIBLE. What sucks, my acne and my weight are two of my biggest insecurites, and the pounds were just packing on, I had to go off of the birth control, no matter how much work it was doing for my skin.
So, I am here ready to move on to my next option. I am looking at light or laser surgey, but I don't know if it is good for my kind of acne. If it is, which surgery procedure is best for hormonal acne. I have literally tried everything up to this point, and I am going crazy. I feel like giving up. My acne is so painful. It is scarring me physically and emotionally.
I really appreciate the help in advance, and if you know of any other options that may be better for the kind of acne I am experiencing, please, don't hesitate to drop off your information.
Thank you.

Edited by AnnaWags, 05 July 2012 - 02:51 PM.

#2 Vanbelle

Vanbelle

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:24 PM

Acne and weight are two of my biggest insecurities as well. I'm glad you went off birth control--it's the right choice.

If you say you have "hormonal acne," laser treatment will be ineffective. You need to either tame the hormones with some sort of internal regimen (i.e. diet, some sort of natural supplementation), or use a topical regimen that will continually treat and prevent breakouts. I recommend doing BOTH.

Good luck. :)

#3 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:18 PM

OTC Lo will not work for acne. You need a moderate to high estrogen pill to treat acne. Anything marked "Lo" will be ineffective.

Unfortunately if your acne is hormonal, you will need to treat it through 1) the right birth control 2) diet 3) other hormonal treatments such as spiro

FYI, this list shows you which pills have regular or high doses of estrogen

Low-dose pills (Alesse, Aviane, Levlite, Loestrin 1/20, Mircette)
Regular-dose pills (Brevicon, Demulen, Desogen, Levlen, Lo/Ovral, Modicon, Nordette, Levora, Loestrin, Low-Ogestrel, Necon 1/35, Norethin, Norinyl 1+35, Ortho-Cept, Ortho-Cyclen, Ortho-Novum 1/35, Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo, Ovcon 35, Seasonale, Yasmin, Zovia)
Phasic pills (Ortho-Tri-Cyclen Lo, Cyclessa, Trivora, Triphasil, Tri-Levlen, Ortho-Novum 10/11, Jenest, Tri-Norinyl, Ortho-Novum 7/7/7, Ortho-Tri-Cyclen, Estrostep Fe)
High-dose pills (Ortho-Novum 1/50, Ovral, Ogestrel, Demulen 1/50, Ovcon 50)

#4 deann

deann

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:04 PM

ive struggled hormomal acne life since 14 now 52 only thing that worked was spironolactone start 100 mg w improvement decrease and bc yasmin,i didnt discover this till 40 10yrs best skin i ever had some minor not cronic ,i got some health problems so off bc 2 yrs worst than ever.....also never gained any weight w yasmin and weight has been struggle w me also genetics, was never skinny thing but no added weight w yasmin also what using topiccal for big hard knot ones spot touch retin a will decrease,if u dont want bc natural supplement chaste berry is herbal balances horones i never tried

#5 acnelove

acnelove

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:clearing my acne

Achievements

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:32 AM

OTC Lo will not work for acne. You need a moderate to high estrogen pill to treat acne. Anything marked "Lo" will be ineffective.

Unfortunately if your acne is hormonal, you will need to treat it through 1) the right birth control 2) diet 3) other hormonal treatments such as spiro

Regular-dose pills (Brevicon, Demulen, Desogen, Levlen, Lo/Ovral, Modicon, Nordette, Levora, Loestrin, Low-Ogestrel, Necon 1/35, Norethin, Norinyl 1+35, Ortho-Cept, Ortho-Cyclen, Ortho-Novum 1/35, Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo, Ovcon 35, Seasonale, Yasmin, Zovia)
Phasic pills (Ortho-Tri-Cyclen Lo, Cyclessa, Trivora, Triphasil, Tri-Levlen, Ortho-Novum 10/11, Jenest, Tri-Norinyl, Ortho-Novum 7/7/7, Ortho-Tri-Cyclen, Estrostep Fe)

where was this advice 16 months ago!?

#6 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 August 2012 - 02:44 PM

where was this advice 16 months ago!?

I wasn't active on the forums 16 months ago Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users