76 replies to this topic

#41 Loftur

Loftur

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:26 PM

Also asked for details via email, this is what i got

I am able to confirm that the Acnegel is a temporary disruption, unfortunately we don’t anticipate for this to become available again until the third quarter of 2013. Please note that this is subject to change.

I apologise for the inconvenience and hope that this is of help to you.

Sincerely,

Georgia

So whether she has said "third quarter of 2013" just to keep be hopeful or they do what some sort of plan to bring this product back in the distant future. I guess we'll see in 12 months.

As for replacements, many have been suggested throughout this post. I think the trouble is the lack of water based BP. Alot of the products on the UK market are cream based and this really doesn't work for me. Please update us if you find any sutible replacements.

ill news for me indeed... A while ago, when my beloved PanOxyl Aquagel disappeared from my local Boots, I've checked Steifel's Facebook and got an impression that the product is supposed to appear again in November or December. I had some reserve and I didn't worry, but now...
Unfortunately, I've tried the most of alternatives mentioned here, and for me they were completely pointless (apart from Acnecide, I've never heard of it yet, so thanks for the tip).

Just seen a tube sold on ebay for £25! You could get a 16oz bottle of Dan's for not much more.

Incomparable to normal prices, yet seems cheaper than starting all the search for suitable treatment all over again.

#42 mae

mae

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:06 AM

Aaaargh. Have used Panoxyl Aquagel since 2005. The Quinoderm cream doesn't work as well for me either and I can't even find that at pharmacies now because they can't keep up with demand now that the aquagel is discontinued. I'll order Dan's and report back. Meanwhile my skin is getting worse. Trying not to panic...

#43 mae

mae

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:44 AM

Just an update that Benzac seems to be a good replacement for Panoxyl Aquagel. It's fairly expensive ordered online and shipping takes a while (it's Australian and comes via Thailand in no great hurry), but I recommend it. I'd go so far to say that I like it better than Panoxyl. Panic over.

#44 demolutioner

demolutioner

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:24 PM

hi guys i always used brevoxyl the cream did very good job in 1 or 2 days the pimples are gone the the only bad thing is that is burn my face and i have red skin but at least the pimples are gone but now lately i can't seem to find any brevoxyl they stopped the product? i don't know whats wrong so i took the adaferin gel but its a little crap doesn't do anything so, i would be grateful if someone can suggest me a good cream like brevoxyl thanx.

#45 mjansen2

mjansen2

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:55 PM

http://www.rte.ie/ne...o-business.html

See link above. There could be hope for the future of aquagel 2.5%. Living in Ireland. This stuff was made in Co. Sligo, Ireland. Place was on the verge of closing. Saved at last minute. I'm sure they'll continue production now (I hope). Seems to b in big demand.

Lovely product this. Didn't like it for first few weeks but skin has grown v used to it now.

Don't like the radio clip at the end where lady said they were going to change products. GSK wants more bottled products.

It's all money. Panoxyl was cheap as chips. I reckon they'll now put it in fancy packaging n charge 5x the price. Those big pharmaceutical companies love their $$$$

#46 3stan

3stan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:27 AM

Hi guys! New guy here. I just want to share you this depressing news. This was posted on Panoxyl's facebook account last October 23, 2012.

We apologize for the difficulty you are experiencing as you try to purchase our PanOxyl products, and we understand your frustration.

FOR CUSTOMERS IN EUROPE AND ASIA PACIFIC:

Over the past several months, we have been transferring the manufacturing of PanOxyl to a different factory which has unfortunately led to supply disruptions in Europe and Asia Pacific. During a recent review of the sit
uation, we made the decision to discontinue manufacturing all strengths of PanOxyl Aquagel. This includes:
• PanOxyl 2.5% Aquagel
• PanOxyl 5% Aquagel
• PanOxyl 10% Aquagel
• Panoxyl 10% Wash

We will continue to manufacture the products below and we are working very hard to get them back on the shelves for you:
• PanOxyl 5% Cream – Expected by Q1 2013
• PanOxyl 10% Acnegel – Expected by Q3 2013
• Brevoxyl Cream 4% – Expected by Q1 2013

**Please note, supply issues and timelines in the US and in Europe/Asia Pacific are not the same due to different manufacturing facilities in each region.**

Thank you for your patience and continued support as we work diligently to bring PanOxyl products back to shelves.

Maybe most of you have been trying to find alternatives now that certain products have become permanently unavailable. This is true for guys who are using Panoxyl aqua gel 2.5% and 5% as their main treatment for their acne.

I use cetaphil wash 2x a day, benzoyl peroxide 2.5% in AM and Adapalene at night. This works really well for me.

I have tried Quinoderm cream initially and found it very irritating, within 20 seconds after application my face started feeling like it was burning and I immediately washed my face with cold water.

The best alternative product that I have found is Acne.org's 2.5% benzoyl peroxide to replace my Panoxyl 2.5%. I ordered at Amazon USA (Not available at Amazon UK) and I got it within 10 days. It's not expensive as you may think. I've ordered the 16oz (472ml) bottle and it only cost me somewhere around £30-35, a tube of Panoxyl 2.5% 40g (40ml) is around £3-5. Guys take note this is 16oz, 472ml! For more information just visit their online store or amazon USA.

I hope this post helps.

Good day! Posted Image

#47 freddyharte

freddyharte

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:14 PM

thanks for the info.

so is the acne.org cream working as well as your 2.5% aquagel?

#48 mae

mae

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:33 AM

Thanks for the info 3stan. How frustrating is that!

And I want to report that Benzac isn't really working so well afterall. My skin is looking pretty bad. So I'm waiting on my order of the acne.org cream. Fingers crossed that's better.

And I ordered three tubes of PanOxyl Aquagel online at extortionate prices.

#49 astrobhoy

astrobhoy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:22 AM

yep - we're all in the same boat here!! :-(

I think if you are as disappointed about the loss of Panoxyl as me - it's worth sending a quick email to 'Andrew Witty' (no - that's really his name!) at GSK. and let them know that it's wrong to ditch the product.

customer.relations@gsk.com

I'm going back to Dan's BP. Worked fantastic for me for a number of years and the last batch for me was just crap (check over my older posts - I was convinced there was a change to the formula as it suddenly changed texture/smell and also mainly - stopped working!!)

I'm really hoping (no.....praying!!) that Dan BP has improved these past 2 years. (of course - they'll tell me it was never changed! Posted Image )

#50 chewchew

chewchew

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:21 PM

Is it just me or are their Aquagel products vastly superior to their Acnegel ones? Also when the acnegel dries it leaves white blotches on my skin like I'm covered in toothpaste, so it's impossible to use it during the daytime. Acnegel soaks right in and is completely invisible. I can't believe they're ditching aquagel in favour of acnegel.

See link above. There could be hope for the future of aquagel 2.5%. Living in Ireland. This stuff was made in Co. Sligo, Ireland. Place was on the verge of closing. Saved at last minute. I'm sure they'll continue production now (I hope). Seems to b in big demand.

Oddly enough they stopped selling all Panoxyl products here in Irish pharmacies ages ago, I've had to buy my supply online for the last few years.

#51 itsmyname

itsmyname

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:02 AM

Hi guys, long time lurker and member. I had forgotten my email/password so decided to make a new account :)

Any news on when or if we in the UK will be getting back these products? I'm so lost without it, have been using it for years and is the only thing that has worked for me. Used Quinoderm for a year and it just made things worse for me

#52 itsmyname

itsmyname

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:44 AM

Bump?

#53 crichel

crichel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:55 PM

FWIW, I was on Dan's BP regime for a few years when I switched from benzoyl peroxide to the AHA/BHA combination product in my signature. For me it was just as effective as BP without the dryness, and absorbs much quicker.

I appreciate this is not benzoyl peroxide and might take a leap of faith to switch, but it might be worth considering if your having trouble sourcing BP here. OTOH, it's quite expensive so might be cheaper to import dan's...

Anyway, I know how frustrating it is for a good product to disappear, so I'd thought I'd mention it.

Edited by crichel, 04 December 2012 - 12:56 PM.

#54 tinygiraffe

tinygiraffe

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:01 PM

I'm currently importing dans stuff to the uk the regime + aha is costing me approximately £35 a month including postage and packaging its a shame that the carriage is so high as dans stuff is good value for money otherwise

#55 itsmyname

itsmyname

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:55 PM

Is this peter thomas roth AHA/BHA stuff the same as or similar to the panoxyl? Can somebody link me to the product or to somewhere that delivers to the UK?

#56 crichel

crichel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:13 PM

Is this peter thomas roth AHA/BHA stuff the same as or similar to the panoxyl? Can somebody link me to the product or to somewhere that delivers to the UK?

No it's a completely different type of acne product, it's not benzoyl peroxide but a combination of salicyclic acid and gylcolic acid. If you google Peter Thomas Roth acne clearing gel you'll get numerous uk online sellers, however it costs circa £30 for 57ml so you might decide just to import dans stuff.

http://www.peterthomasroth.com/p-78-ahabha-acne-clearing-gel.aspx

#57 cheekyboy44

cheekyboy44

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:34 AM

I have resorted to buying Panoxyl of Gumtree,it's the proper stuff but £25 a tube Posted Image at least it keeps my outbreaks at bay

#58 itsmyname

itsmyname

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:23 PM

How hard is it to import Dan's stuff?

#59 itsmyname

itsmyname

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:21 AM

Still no news on whether or not the Panoxyl brand is coming back to the UK?

I've found this http://www.amazon.co...G/dp/B000NVR9GY, it's 5% Benzoyl Peroxide but by a brand i've never heard of, RUGBY. Anybody try this?

#60 fadedjay

fadedjay

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:08 AM

An alternative is to buy dans stuff off ebay in the uk and it works out for like £26 for the big bp any guys interested check it out - usually comes in around 3 days as well.

There is quite a few sellers this is the one i bought it from last week and probably will use going forward.

http://www.ebay.co.u...cde18989&_uhb=1

I have a tube of pan 2.5% but never really liked it after on application lol

Edited by fadedjay, 08 December 2012 - 06:11 AM.

Reply to this topic

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users