pores sebum blocked spreading

2 replies to this topic

#1 KathyP05

KathyP05

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:14 PM

It's been too long to remember when it started. I suffered from bad acne since I was about 10, while I'm 23 it calmed down, but I now have a new battle...

I have huge pores that are consuming my face, it seems to be spreading (the blockage that is). I've been reading posts on here for awhile now but nothing that matches my situation. It's just really bad clogged pores, I'm guessing it's sebum that is in them (looks like rice grains). I've tried exfoliating and different products but it seems to be more targeted against the outer layer nothing that soaks up down deep into these things. It has gotten so bad I'm scared that my whole face sometime soon will be covered in enlarged dirty clogged pore, nothing keeps them unclogged. In addition my cheeks are getting really rough, the skin on them doesn't even feel like the rest of my face.

Help?

#2 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:20 AM

2% salicylic acid leave-on cream (NOT a cleanser) may help. Salicylic acid is the only acid that can actually penetrate inside your pores and dissolve the sebum in there.

#3 cosmic crusader

cosmic crusader

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:41 PM

Hydrogen peroxide might help you. I know I had a lot of clogged pores myself :[ and the peroxide has been penetrating and clearing them out. I use it as a toner, then hold peroxide-soaked pads on the real broken out areas for a couple of minutes. Retin a (I've been using the .025% cream) may also help unblock them. You may see a temporary increase of breakouts as your pores shove all the gunk out, but I hear it's worth it with time!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users