Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are Humans Designed To Eat Meat?

188 posts in this topic

Some of you are being absolutely ignorant and not taking other factors into consideration. Though we may have been born plant eater because of our ling intestinal tract and and less acidic HCL, keep in mind that humans have evolved. During the paleolithic age, humans had to depend on meat in order to live. They did not sit around waiting for plants to grow. If you didn't get your meat then you would starve that day. We at every few plant foods. It is possible that we evolved during this time. The evolution may also be another reason why anaerobic exercises are more beneficial than aerobic. And saying that most people have cancer nowadays because they eat meat is the most stupid fucking excuse I have ever heard. Who ever says such things should just give up. Humans and have been eating meat for thousands of years and cancer, heart disease and most diseases today were Extremely rare.The reason most westerners have cancer is because our water is poisoned, our foods are toxic. Our fruits and vegetables are sprayed with pesticides and genetically engineered, our chickens are injected with anti biotics and hormones our cows are fed grains instead of grass and all these farm animals are kept in closed areas with no exercise. Oh and I forgot to mention our air is polluted, our skin is suffocated with chemicals, we bathe in stress,and there's radiation everywhere. Now those reasons may explain why we have cancer and why eastern countries have lower cancer rates. By the way thoe of you who follow MD's keep in mind that these guys will tell you that taking drugs are the best thing for your health.

4 people like this

Regimen

Steam my face to open up my pores.

Wash with warm water. (Must not be fluoridated) Fluoride can clogs pores.

Apply Tea Tree Oil soap or Apple Cider Vinegar.

Rinse and Moisturize with Aloe Vera, Emu Oil or Jojoba Oil

Use Tea Tree Oil diluted with jojoba oil for inflamed areas.

Lightly Exfoliate every day with sugar.

Diet

Eat lots of fruits and vegetables and chicken and beef. (Basically the Paleo Diet but with brown rice and Goat Dairy)

Completely cut out processed foods.

Probiotics come mainly from Goat Yogurt and Goat Milk

Recolonize the good bacteria with Goat Yogurt Enemas.

Essential Supplements

HCL to help digestion

Probiotics to recolonize bacteria

Diatomaceous Earth To Help scrub Mucous and drive parasites out of the Gut

Flaxseed Oil for Omega 3s

Iodine/Thyroid Supplements to combat fluoride absorption through shower water

Gluthatione( Master of all antioxidants)

Stress

Lots of meditation

Lots of Sleep (Circadian Rhythum)

Watch Comedy

Exercise Anaerobic is superior to Aerobic in controlling hormones)

Sunlight and Fresh Air are your best friends.

10-15 minutes of Sunlight can be very beneficial to the skin

Keep Plants around the House to clean the air.

Yeah, cancer isn't from meat. I think the things we do to some of our cheaper meats may possibly play a role, like many things do. But natural meat from a healthy animal does not cause cancer. I don't buy that for a second.

I DO however think that people who are already very ill can benefit greatly from the cleansing and alkalinizing effects of a raw vegan diet, at least for a time. But that is different than a sustainable, balanced diet that is suitable for everyone long term.

Current Skin-Care Regimen (A work in progress):

Morning:

Gentle wash with DKR cleanser

Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% (Following Dan's Regimen)

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil (The lotion alone wasn't hydrating enough)

Skin 79 Korean BB Cream (excellent stuff)

Evening:

Gentle Wash with DKR Cleanser

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil

Oh by the way, cooking food does not destroy the nutrients. First of all if you cook food what you are doing is essentially denaturing the proteins, which makes it much easier to digest. And the cellulose in plant foods makes it much harder to digest which can essentially give you gas. Cooking will only destroy the nutrients if you cook at high temperatures. Some foods are meant not to be cooked. Such as milk, eggs. These are better eaten raw.

Yeah, cancer isn't from meat. I think the things we do to some of our cheaper meats may possibly play a role, like many things do. But natural meat from a healthy animal does not cause cancer. I don't buy that for a second.

I DO however think that people who are already very ill can benefit greatly from the cleansing and alkalinizing effects of a raw vegan diet, at least for a time. But that is different than a sustainable, balanced diet that is suitable for everyone long term.

Yes I agree with you. When we are detoxifying the body eating raw plant foods are the best option because they have a wide range of vitamins and nutrients and enzymes which can be very beneficial to detoxifying the body, however saying that we should be this or we should be that is absolutely ignorant. We were given many forms of food and the best way to have optimal health is to combine everything. Some vegans may be healthy and some carnivores may be healthy however in the end its all upon your decision. You need to find what best suits you. Having these arguments are absolutely pointless.

2 people like this

Regimen

Steam my face to open up my pores.

Wash with warm water. (Must not be fluoridated) Fluoride can clogs pores.

Apply Tea Tree Oil soap or Apple Cider Vinegar.

Rinse and Moisturize with Aloe Vera, Emu Oil or Jojoba Oil

Use Tea Tree Oil diluted with jojoba oil for inflamed areas.

Lightly Exfoliate every day with sugar.

Diet

Eat lots of fruits and vegetables and chicken and beef. (Basically the Paleo Diet but with brown rice and Goat Dairy)

Completely cut out processed foods.

Probiotics come mainly from Goat Yogurt and Goat Milk

Recolonize the good bacteria with Goat Yogurt Enemas.

Essential Supplements

HCL to help digestion

Probiotics to recolonize bacteria

Diatomaceous Earth To Help scrub Mucous and drive parasites out of the Gut

Flaxseed Oil for Omega 3s

Iodine/Thyroid Supplements to combat fluoride absorption through shower water

Gluthatione( Master of all antioxidants)

Stress

Lots of meditation

Lots of Sleep (Circadian Rhythum)

Watch Comedy

Exercise Anaerobic is superior to Aerobic in controlling hormones)

Sunlight and Fresh Air are your best friends.

10-15 minutes of Sunlight can be very beneficial to the skin

Keep Plants around the House to clean the air.

When we challenge the old and mainstream belief and idea that people have kept in their heads for the reason being beneficial (atleast it seems to them due to pleasure), people would get extremely defensive over the topic giving reasons and excuses why they like the old one, (infact the actual reason is, it satisfies them, kind of like a drug addiction) .

When people don't believe aliens poisoned our water with flouride because doctors are covering up the truth about the quantum molecular geometry of foods because they work for the illuminati, it's because they're all addicted to their previous ways and refuse to wake up... Yup...

On a more serious note, take a look at these links

http://www.vrg.org/nutshell/omni.htm

The above is written by a vegetarian who believes that (despite his personal dietary regimen) humans are omnivores.

http://www.beyondveg.com/billings-t/comp-anat/comp-anat-6a.shtml

A long read, but that section of the essay is a good place to look at flaws of logic in the "comparative anatomy" argument.

I'm not looking to change your views, just to show that the whole comparative anatomy argument is not grounds to make a solid claim that humans are "meant to be" herbivores. There is plenty more to the story. Everything evolves with respect to the environment. Our anatomy has evolved with cooking foods, with using tools, with living in cities, and beyond. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if in the future, there were a group of humans adapted to not eating animal products.

2 people like this

Call me TV.

snapback.pngmoonbase, on , said:

To the OP. Dieting is silly. The only point of a diet should be to heal your body. Once that's done as long as you get the nutrients you need in you diet, you can eat whatever the hell you want. I think that's the big thing people are missing.

The animals most similar to us, the other primates, eat an almost exclusively vegan diet.

Look at them, they're still scratching their butts and throwing poo at each other.

Meanwhile, we're smart enough to go to the moon and make dumb forum topics. Other primates should be copying what WE do, not the other way around. If only they had WiFi access.

5 people like this

*Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules. *

Designed by whom though? Evolution? God? Who designed us?

Evolution yes, we still aren't 100% sure because unlike any other animals found on this planet humans are little bit more different.

There are about 250 unique human genes that are not found in any lower species. In fact, scientist have not been able to find any evolutionary basis for these genes.

So some of genes didn't just came from evolution either.

It's actually recently been found that it could be just a small change in our jaw muscle placement that triggered the brain growth. Primates have jaw muscles that halt the skull growth after age of 3, while humans have them on our sides rather than on top so that allows it to grow more without restriction.

You will and you could. There are tons of minerals and vitamins, and anti oxidants, you would be missing if you are only eating meat. That can lead to cancer, as most people in US are all vitamin deficient and with lot of cancer rates and serious health problems, most would rely on prescription drug, which would also would do more harm.

In fact, there's thousands of people who die from drug overdose, but less than 50 people die from vitamin overdose, yet our doctors always say "I don't think its safe to overdose a vitamin", pff yea when we aren't even meeting the natural requirement of them. With the proper nutrients and vitamins, it's possible for any diseases and cancers to not exist, body is incredibly efficient and smart it is always healing.

Oh by the way, cooking food does not destroy the nutrients. First of all if you cook food what you are doing is essentially denaturing the proteins, which makes it much easier to digest. And the cellulose in plant foods makes it much harder to digest which can essentially give you gas. Cooking will only destroy the nutrients if you cook at high temperatures. Some foods are meant not to be cooked. Such as milk, eggs. These are better eaten raw.

At 110 degrees Fahrenheit (approximately 43 degrees Centigrade) two of the 8 essential amino acids, tryptophan and lysine, are destroyed.

When food is cooked above 117 degrees F for three minutes or longer, the following deleterious changes begin, and progressively cause increased nutritional damage as higher temperatures are applied over prolonged periods of time:

*proteins coagulate

*high temperatures denature protein molecular structure, leading to deficiency of some essential amino acids

*carbohydrates caramelize

*overly heated fats generate numerous carcinogens including acrolein, nitrosamines, hydrocarbons, and benzopyrene (one of the most potent cancer-causing agents known)

*natural fibers break down, cellulose is completely changed from its natural condition: it loses its ability to sweep the alimentary canal clean

* 30% to 50% of vitamins and minerals are destroyed

*100% of enzymes are damaged, the body’s enzyme potential is depleted which drains energy needed to maintain and repair tissue and organ systems, thereby shortening the life span.

Denaturing a protein isn't good, and all foods are meant to be eaten raw. Vitamins such as Vitamin C can't survive in such heat and will just vanish. Yes we really are lacking some nutrients and taking supplements may be even a worse choice.

Cooking also destroys the beneficial bacterias, or probiotics, but that is only if the bacterias actually survive the washing in tap water, as the harsh added chemicals kill most of them.

Yet another contribution to Gut Flora, and acne.

Look what our so called Brain and this massive intelligence that we call it, causing health issues, harming the lives of other animals and the earth and causing a natural imbalance. If we were SO Smart I wouldn't think we would do that just for our own selfish beneficial, which isn't even beneficial at all.

The difference was because the rats expended less energy digesting the softer pellets. Think about this for a moment. Making food more digestible (as in cooking) increases the body weight of rats by an astounding 30% in as little as 26 weeks. Can you say whoops?

There goes Obesity, another major problem.

When we challenge the old and mainstream belief and idea that people have kept in their heads for the reason being beneficial (atleast it seems to them due to pleasure), people would get extremely defensive over the topic giving reasons and excuses why they like the old one, (infact the actual reason is, it satisfies them, kind of like a drug addiction) .

When people don't believe aliens poisoned our water with flouride because doctors are covering up the truth about the quantum molecular geometry of foods because they work for the illuminati, it's because they're all addicted to their previous ways and refuse to wake up... Yup...

On a more serious note, take a look at these links

http://www.vrg.org/nutshell/omni.htm

Well that is a great article I must say, he mostly insisted on saying about how our brain is what makes us different, our knowledge and our technology.

I wouldn't much say that knowledge is something in our natural instincts, where we suddenly get an amazing creative idea to make spear from wood and stone. First humans stepped on earth where we all came from, surely survived on nature without using that extensive technological materials. To make things easier, because we just love our lives so much and cooking makes meat delicious, we made tools to enhance our ability to survive.

It probably took generations of human beings until they really started getting more knowledge about the nature and about what can make what easier.

Naturally every animals are offered with certain types of food, to retain the natural cyclic balance. That food choice is defined by our compulsiveness to eat based upon our taste bud. We should all probably should start eating things raw as the most tasty to us will define what our natural instinct to food is. Not sure if anyone here actually love or tried eating raw red meat raw with all it's blood and such, but maybe you should give it a try. There is a high risk of catching various cow diseases.

If you love it, then I say your natural instinct is to eat a meat.

As I highly doubt that we evolved so that we could make fire and burn the earth down and ruin the balance. I wouldn't say nature would put that much risk and designed us for that purpose.

You will and you could. There are tons of minerals and vitamins, and anti oxidants, you would be missing if you are only eating meat.

Who said anything about eating only meat? The diet I support is one of balance. Healthy carbs, healthy meats in small portions, high raw, mostly salads and organic vegetables and fruits.

1 person likes this

Current Skin-Care Regimen (A work in progress):

Morning:

Gentle wash with DKR cleanser

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil (The lotion alone wasn't hydrating enough)

Skin 79 Korean BB Cream (excellent stuff)

Evening:

Gentle Wash with DKR Cleanser

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil

You will and you could. There are tons of minerals and vitamins, and anti oxidants, you would be missing if you are only eating meat.

Who said anything about eating only meat? The diet I support is one of balance. Healthy carbs, healthy meats in small portions, high raw, mostly salads and organic vegetables and fruits.

In that case, amount of cancers and diseases you will have will certainly lower greatly. Not saying it is bad to eat a meat though, we should add in healthy raw food along with them, lots and lots.

Well that is a great article I must say, he mostly insisted on saying about how our brain is what makes us different, our knowledge and our technology.

I wouldn't much say that knowledge is something in our natural instincts, where we suddenly get an amazing creative idea to make spear from wood and stone. First humans stepped on earth where we all came from, surely survived on nature without using that extensive technological materials. To make things easier, because we just love our lives so much and cooking makes meat delicious, we made tools to enhance our ability to survive.

It probably took generations of human beings until they really started getting more knowledge about the nature and about what can make what easier.

Naturally every animals are offered with certain types of food, to retain the natural cyclic balance. That food choice is defined by our compulsiveness to eat based upon our taste bud. We should all probably should start eating things raw as the most tasty to us will define what our natural instinct to food is. Not sure if anyone here actually love or tried eating raw red meat raw with all it's blood and such, but maybe you should give it a try. There is a high risk of catching various cow diseases.

As I highly doubt that we evolved so that we could make fire and burn the earth down and ruin the balance. I wouldn't say nature would put that much risk and designed us for that purpose.

Thats an awful awful lot of speculation and assumption to defend your argument.

1 person likes this

Call me TV.

To the OP. Dieting is silly. The only point of a diet should be to heal your body. Once that's done as long as you get the nutrients you need in you diet, you can eat whatever the hell you want. I think that's the big thing people are missing.

Thats an awful awful lot of speculation and assumption to defend your argument.

I only wrote what a common knowledge of science would seem like, as you can see the article mostly states how most arguments are flaws and can't always be right, didn't see much shocking critical reasons though.

It's like a back and forth fight, my point was just because we have larger brain doesn't make us a carnivore.

Holy Moly, what a "debate"... People, use your brains (that wouldn't be as big and developed if it wasn't for eating meat and cooking vegetables in the first place). Yes, modern humans are not only capable of, but "designed" to eat meat. We have done so for millions of years, and we've actively hunted animals with tools, even back then. If we weren't originally "designed" to eat meat, we have evolved to do so.

How can one compare us to monkeys? That's absurd, there's a loooooong period of evolution between us. Chimps eat meat too, btw, not just when they're out of veggies and fruits (though that does help), they actively hunt for other animals. And comparing the modern human to 4 million years old ancestors (conveniently skipping our 2 million years old ancestors, who hunted and ate meat) doesn't make any sense at all.

The Fukushima argument, I lol'd so hard... What on earth does that have to do with this discussion? Yes, fish are contaminated, so what's your point? Do you think it's safer to eat contaminated veggies or fruits? No, I don't think so either.

We don't need claws or canines, because -it has been said several times in this thread- we have brains that we use to make tools, enabling us to do the same things that carnivores do. Those tools, and the ability to make fire, are just as much an inseperable part of us, as claws and canines are to carnivores. Our intestines aren't closer to those of a herbivore, in fact they're about in the middle of those of a herbivore and a carnivore. Well, what do you know...could it be that we're omnivores? And hey, even our jaws have evolved over time...omg! Raw plant foods may be digested faster (though I'd have to look it up, as I'm far from certain), but you'd have to chew on them all day to get the same amount of energy you get from meat. Faster digestion doesn't say a thing about the nutrients you're getting.

Meat giving you cancer? Wow...I bet there are numerous controlled studies that came to this conclusion? No? Why not? Ah...correlation vs. causation, I see...

Etc. etc.

People in this thread who are saying that humans are omnivores, are right. They didn't say we're carnivores, using that argument against them is...well...dumb. I'm sorry, I have no other word for it (well, I do, but then I'd have to ban myself). Any "cream of the crop" professor claiming that a raw veggie/fruit diet is the only way to go, should be fired immediately imo. I'm sure there's research supporting both sides of the story, but studies trying to prove or disprove the healthiness of certain diets are usually flawed before they even start. There's just too many (genetic) differences between the different races/populations, and that's only one variable.

This is obviously just my take on things (<-- yes, that's called covering your ass tongue.png)

bobbi364, I've noticed that you qualified yourself as a member of the scientific community. I for one would love to see the studies you've published on this subject (unless you think I'm too dumb to understand them, of course, in which case I'll have another steak to fuel my brain a little, so no worries).

popcorn.gif

9 people like this

"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment. I told them they didn’t understand life.” - John Lennon

LOL, you are my favorite moderator, AKL.

2 people like this

Call me TV.

LOL, you are my favorite moderator, AKL.

And you, sir, could become my favorite member. I'll PM you my Paypal address :P

4 people like this

"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment. I told them they didn’t understand life.” - John Lennon

Your statement is quite the common one, how we were cavemens eating meat and used stones for hunting. Infact if we just had the same brain as monkeys but all the other features being same, I'm very sure that we wouldn't be hunting meat at all, we would be true herbivores.

It's that our brain breaks the rules and boundaries of the nature's intuition, which is why we are the most dominant animals surviving right now, and actually destroying the earth. Speak about us being smart there, I'd rather call it selfish.

Funny thing is, we don't know 100% sure that we directly evolved from Primates, we don't have the true evidence, they just seem to be the most closest to us but we've never found many Fossils that exactly proved that we gradually evolved from primates. We just kind of suddenly appeared.

Grains aren't our diet either, they are specifically for birds with beaks in nature. Grains are very new to us also, its the whole agriculture that started and has fed all of us until this time. Processed chemicals and artificial hormones aren't our diet either, if we just trace it all the way back, the first safest diet we had all along were mostly plant based, using common logical sense.

It isn't like we suddenly had an incredible creative knowledge of creating sharp spears to tear down mammals fur down and cook them on fire. That knowledge came after several generations. Leaving us with the most natural diet being plant based.

If it weren't for spears or stones we wouldn't be hunting. Are we all naturally born to know exactly how to make spears and kill animals?

I see this is going nowhere, not even getting actual challenging opposing statements saying how exactly we are not designed to be herbivores either.

I'll just leave the rest for all of you to discuss.

Your statement is quite the common one, how we were cavemens eating meat and used stones for hunting. Infact if we just had the same brain as monkeys but all the other features being same, I'm very sure that we wouldn't be hunting meat at all, we would be true herbivores.

It's that our brain breaks the rules and boundaries of the nature's intuition, which is why we are the most dominant animals surviving right now, and actually destroying the earth. Speak about us being smart there, I'd rather call it selfish.

Funny thing is, we don't know 100% sure that we directly evolved from Primates, we don't have the true evidence, they just seem to be the most closest to us but we've never found many Fossils that exactly proved that we gradually evolved from primates. We just kind of suddenly appeared.

Grains aren't our diet either, they are specifically for birds with beaks in nature. Grains are very new to us also, its the whole agriculture that started and has fed all of us until this time. Processed chemicals and artificial hormones aren't our diet either, if we just trace it all the way back, the first safest diet we had all along were mostly plant based, using common logical sense.

It isn't like we suddenly had an incredible creative knowledge of creating sharp spears to tear down mammals fur down and cook them on fire. That knowledge came after several generations. Leaving us with the most natural diet being plant based.

If it weren't for spears or stones we wouldn't be hunting. Are we all naturally born to know exactly how to make spears and kill animals?

I see this is going nowhere, not even getting actual challenging opposing statements saying how exactly we are not designed to be herbivores either.

pm me and we can continue our discussion.

as for humans using heat to cook food, yes...it was there in times and places that humans needed it to survive. however, we are the only animals on this planet that cook food, and yet, we are the only animals on this planet that die from cardiovascular disease and cancer (carnivore wild animals get higher percentages of cancer) . there is a lack of understanding, and i am not here to give that understanding, only the awareness, if you want to learn more seek the knowledge.

According to the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine, and the scientific evidence is clear: “Vegetarians are about 40 percent less likely to get cancer than nonvegetarians, regardless of other risks such as smoking, body size, and socioeconomic status.”

Science and medical evidence overwhelmingly shows that the more meat we eat, the sicker we get - heart disease, cancer, diabetes, osteoporosis, and every other major degenerative disease. If eating meat were so natural, it wouldn’t destroy our health.

Dean Ornish, M.D. was the first person to prove that heart disease can be reversed, and he did so by feeding his patients a vegetarian diet. John McDougall, M.D. has also written extensively about how animal foods cause disease, and how people can regain their health by eating vegan instead. The esteemed T. Colin Campbell oversaw the most massive study of the relationship between diet and disease, the China Study, which the New York Times called “the grand prix of epidemiology.” His conclusions are the same as the other experts: we’re not designed to eat animal foods, because we get sick when we do.

A carnivore’s or omnivore’s large intestine is relatively short and simple, like a pipe. This passage is also relatively smooth and runs fairly straight so that fatty wastes high in cholesterol can easily slide out before they start to putrefy. (This is why it’s impossible for carnivores to get cancer or heart disease from high cholesterol and clogged arteries.) An herbivore’s large intestine, or colon, is puckered and pouched, an apparatus that runs in three directions (ascending, traversing and descending), designed to hold wastes that originally were foods high in water content. This is so that the fluids can be extracted from these wastes, now that all the useful nutrients and minerals have been extracted. Substances high in fat and cholesterol that have been putrefying for hours during their long stay in the small intestine tend to get stuck in the pockets that line the large intestine. (Vegetarians have lower rates of colon cancer.)

Meat-eating animals that hunt in the cool of the night and sleep during the day when it is hot do not need sweat glands to cool their bodies; they therefore do not perspire through their skin, but rather they sweat through their tongues. On the other hand, vegetarian animals, such as cows, horses, zebras, deer, etc., spend much of their time in the sun gathering their food, and they freely perspire through their skin to cool their bodies.

1 person likes this

The animals most similar to us, the other primates, eat an almost exclusively vegan diet.

Look at them, they're still scratching their butts and throwing poo at each other.

Meanwhile, we're smart enough to go to the moon and make dumb forum topics. Other primates should be copying what WE do, not the other way around. If only they had WiFi access.

lol Uncle Bob...I love your posts. :-D

If people want to be vegetarian fine but I dont, it doesnt agree with my body.

We DO have canines.

Just vegetarians/vegans PLEASE dont force your dogs/cats/pets to go meatless too. Its just unnatural and cruel.

lol Uncle Bob...I love your posts. :-D

If people want to be vegetarian fine but I dont, it doesnt agree with my body.

We DO have canines.

Just vegetarians/vegans PLEASE dont force your dogs/cats/pets to go meatless too. Its just unnatural and cruel.

we are well aware that cats and dogs are carnivores lol

Obviously, it's quite common, that happens if things are true, they become common. You're probably right, if we didn't have the brains we do, then we'd be eating plants. If we didn't have the hands and jaws we do, but claws and huge canines instead, we'd probably be hunting. It's not an argument, since we do have our brains.

I don't disagree with you there, but it's not an argument either, it has nothing to do with whether or not we can eat meat.

And that may be true as well. But again...what does it have to do with us being able to eat meat?

Yep, and we'd be living in caves, having hair all over our bodies, being unable to talk the way we do now. But things have changed a little, it's called evolution, that is common, logical sense.

There is some evidence that we were scavengers before we actively hunted, so we already ate meat (like vultures). And we still do eat raw fish and meat, btw.

You mean now? I wouldn't know, tbh, but why would you want to make spears and kill animals? The good thing is: if you wanted to, you'd be able to find out how to make a spear and kill an animal with it.

I could easily return the ball, because there are no actual challenging, opposing statements saying how exactly we are not designed to be omnivores. It's indeed going nowhere, because it's no use discussing facts. It's why they're called facts.

Where are the studies, bobbi364? I'm pretty sure we'd like to seek the knowledge, and know the truth, but you don't post it.

2 people like this

i am not here to force feed scientific data on anyone, there clearly is a lack of critical and comprehensive review and expansion here, and i dont expect there to be any. throughout this thread i have referred to several MDs, and Dr's. You want to look there. Another MD is Barnard, who made an appearance on the Doctors show.

I mean your studies, or controlled studies. Not the blahblah from so-called "cream of the crop" doctors.

1 person likes this

http://www.nealbarnard.org/

/>http://www.drmcdougall.com/

/>http://www.heartattackproof.com/

/>http://www.tcolincampbell.org/

a place to start

I mean your studies, or controlled studies. Not the blahblah from so-called "cream of the crop" doctors.

id like to keep my privacy

1 person likes this

Ok, fair enough, I think you shouldn't have brought it up to try and add credibility to your statements then, but ok. And those websites...we've been there, I haven't seen controlled studies about the subject we're discussing.

1 person likes this

Ok, fair enough, I think you shouldn't have brought it up to try and add credibility to your statements then, but ok. And those websites...we've been there, I haven't seen controlled studies about the subject we're discussing.

again, i am not trying to convert or otherwise change your dietary lifestyle, just bringing awareness, that is all. i understand and accept the reasons people do not understand or adhere to this message, it is fine.

Bobbi, I don't think you know what a controlled study is. I'm just trying to bring awareness to the fact. I understand you do not understand; that is fine.

3 people like this