Photo

Are Humans Designed To Eat Meat?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
187 replies to this topic

#1 bobbi364

bobbi364

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:52 AM

#2 tritonxiv

tritonxiv

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:07 AM

Yes, humans are designed to eat meat.

I have no problem with people choosing to eat what they like, however the claim that humans are not designed to eat meat is simply and utterly false!

To the surprise of many (including Stefansson himself), he suffered no health problems during his decade of pure carnivorism. When he told people of his amazing experiences, he was met with skepticism from medical authorities who asked him to undertake a study that would replicate the results. He and a fellow explorer named Andersen agreed to eat an all-meat diet for an entire year in a closely observed setting.

• He spent altogether altogether eleven and one-half years within the Arctic Circle.
  • He lived for a number of days, totaling nine years, on an exclusive meat diet.
  • He lived for nine successive months on an exclusive meat diet.
  • He reached his maximum weight while subsisting on meat (fish).
  • His sense of physical and mental well being was at its best during that period of his life.
  • He found that the exclusive meat diet worked as well when he was inactive as when active, and as well in hot weather as in cold.
  • Constipation was never present. One month's entire absence from exercise produced neither constipation nor muscular weakness. (Stefansson avers that not a single case of constipation was observed in 600 exclusively meat-eating Eskimos for a period of three years).
  • His hair thickened, and his scalp became healthier.
  • Tooth decay was apparently much less rapid.

Read more about the very positive results of this experiment here:

http://inhumanexperi...g-but-meat.html

Long story short, he didn't die, and he didn't suffer any health problems.

#3 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

~clean body, beautiful life~

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:11 AM

I completely believe humans were designed to eat meat. Whether they can choose not to is a different story. I respect people who choose not to, but I want the same respect in return.

#4 bobbi364

bobbi364

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:19 AM

Yes, humans are designed to eat meat.

I have no problem with people choosing to eat what they like, however the claim that humans are not designed to eat meat is simply and utterly false!

To the surprise of many (including Stefansson himself), he suffered no health problems during his decade of pure carnivorism. When he told people of his amazing experiences, he was met with skepticism from medical authorities who asked him to undertake a study that would replicate the results. He and a fellow explorer named Andersen agreed to eat an all-meat diet for an entire year in a closely observed setting.

• He spent altogether altogether eleven and one-half years within the Arctic Circle.
  • He lived for a number of days, totaling nine years, on an exclusive meat diet.
  • He lived for nine successive months on an exclusive meat diet.
  • He reached his maximum weight while subsisting on meat (fish).
  • His sense of physical and mental well being was at its best during that period of his life.
  • He found that the exclusive meat diet worked as well when he was inactive as when active, and as well in hot weather as in cold.
  • Constipation was never present. One month's entire absence from exercise produced neither constipation nor muscular weakness. (Stefansson avers that not a single case of constipation was observed in 600 exclusively meat-eating Eskimos for a period of three years).
  • His hair thickened, and his scalp became healthier.
  • Tooth decay was apparently much less rapid.

Read more about the very positive results of this experiment here:

http://inhumanexperi...g-but-meat.html

Long story short, he didn't die, and he didn't suffer any health problems.

if your goal is to not die and to not suffer and just get by, by all means eat your meat...lol

who am i going to believe an MD with peer reviewed publications or your opinion based on this rather crude study?

I completely believe humans were designed to eat meat. Whether they can choose not to is a different story. I respect people who choose not to, but I want the same respect in return.

when you educate on food, life, and society you will realize why a lot of veggie heads look down on meat eaters...it goes far beyond diet, environment much? eating a meat based diet is 24 times more of a carbon foot print, there are plenty of vegans/veggie heads that changed for that reason alone.

its similar to smoking, do i care what people do with their health? no. do i care what they do to the air everyone breathes? yes

going to add, that study was for one year, you base your opinion from one year of data compared to decades and centuries worth of data in top professionals in the field (Caldwell B. Esselstyn, Jr. M.D)? modern day inuits have poor health and terrible cardiovascular diseases...

Edited by bobbi364, 03 July 2012 - 10:22 AM.

#5 Elvin83

Elvin83

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:29 AM

This is like religious people arguing over who is right.

I always love watching these discussions. Funny as hell. Eat the way I do, or you'll die. Posted Image

Elvin

Edited by Elvin83, 03 July 2012 - 10:35 AM.

#6 bobbi364

bobbi364

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:33 AM

I always love watching these discussions. Eat the way I do, or you'll die. Posted Image

Elvin

double face palm, would triple if i had 3 hands...

no one is saying that...

#7 Elvin83

Elvin83

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:52 AM

I always love watching these discussions. Eat the way I do, or you'll die. Posted Image

Elvin

no one is saying that...

You don't need to worry, you are hands down the funniest.
You are so damn arrogant, and if people don't agree with you, it's because they are not intelligent enough, or simply haven't seen the light like you have.

But don't stop doin it, it's fun. I'm laughing my ass of every time these discussions come up.Posted Image

I'm out.

Elvin

#8 bobbi364

bobbi364

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:56 AM

Elvin

no one is saying that...

You don't need to worry, you are hands down the funniest.
You are so damn arrogant, and if people don't agree with you, it's because they are not intelligent enough, or simply haven't seen the light like you have.

But don't stop doin it, it's fun. I'm laughing my ass of every time these discussions come up.Posted Image

I'm out.

Elvin

well if i cant bring awareness to a topic, i might as well make you laugh...

typical response on these boards...once again i am not here to convert anyone or argue over anything, i am here to bring awareness and talk about health and nutrient issues, typically i follow MDs and doctors research in the field and do my best to provide the data or at least reference it.

it is okay if people do not agree with me, actually its what i am going for. arrogant? no, question the opinions or studies people follow? yes.

#9 Tunnelvisionary

Tunnelvisionary

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:57 AM

when you educate on food, life, and society you will realize why a lot of veggie heads look down on meat eaters...it goes far beyond diet, environment much? eating a meat based diet is 24 times more of a carbon foot print, there are plenty of vegans/veggie heads that changed for that reason alone.

its similar to smoking, do i care what people do with their health? no. do i care what they do to the air everyone breathes? yes

Do you hate people who drive cars then too? :P

#10 bobbi364

bobbi364

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:58 AM

Do you hate people who drive cars then too? Posted Image

where does hate come into it? i dont hate anyone...its such a strong word

no i do not dislike people who drive cares, its part of the system...you basically have to drive these days.

#11 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:55 AM

I feel much better on a high meat diet. If I could afford it, I would eat purely organic grass-fed beef and free-range poultry and tons of seafood with veggies and fruit. I actually tried that hardcore to clear my acne but it didn't. Too expensive to keep up long-term on my income anyway. I felt better, though.

I eat some grains now...mostly because they're cheap and I simply can't afford enough meat to sustain.

The way I see it, we have a combination of herbivore and carnivore teeth. We have the incisors for tearing AND the molars for grinding. At this point, the human race is probably optimized to be omnivores. Though I think most western cultures don't eat ENOUGH meat and try to subsist on cheap grains and sugar.

Edited by Green Gables, 03 July 2012 - 11:57 AM.

#12 CelloIsLove

CelloIsLove

Pedo-stache <3

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 9
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:52 PM

All you have to do is move your tongue to feel your molars.

Pointy?

Yep. Meat-eater.

#13 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:24 PM

when you educate on food, life, and society you will realize why a lot of veggie heads look down on meat eaters...it goes far beyond diet, environment much?

It's definitely true that there are many good reasons to be vegetarian other than just animals and what not. That is why I was a vegetarian for three years, and longer overall if you count my shorter periods of veganism. But the proof is in the pudding, for me. My health improved so much from adding meat back in I could never deny that my body needs it again. I am willing to do a lot for animals and the environment, but sacrificing my own health isn't one of them.

#14 tritonxiv

tritonxiv

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:59 PM

when you educate on food, life, and society you will realize why a lot of veggie heads look down on meat eaters...it goes far beyond diet, environment much?

It's definitely true that there are many good reasons to be vegetarian other than just animals and what not. That is why I was a vegetarian for three years, and longer overall if you count my shorter periods of veganism. But the proof is in the pudding, for me. My health improved so much from adding meat back in I could never deny that my body needs it again. I am willing to do a lot for animals and the environment, but sacrificing my own health isn't one of them.

Plus let's be honest here. Animals are delicious. Posted Image

#15 Listener

Listener

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:01 PM

An interesting documentary on the BBC called 'Origins of Us' put forward alot of evidence suggesting that our ability to catch, cook and consume higher amounts of protein than other omnivores was the reason we could develop our large brains.

Check it out on youtube or BBC iplayer. There are three episodes and I think the one i am referring to is called 'Gut'... but they're all very good.

#16 bobbi364

bobbi364

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:30 PM

An interesting documentary on the BBC called 'Origins of Us' put forward alot of evidence suggesting that our ability to catch, cook and consume higher amounts of protein than other omnivores was the reason we could develop our large brains.

Check it out on youtube or BBC iplayer. There are three episodes and I think the one i am referring to is called 'Gut'... but they're all very good.

there are many theories on this, from the shrooms to the meat...it simply isnt solved yet.

#17 Omnivium

Omnivium

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:50 PM

Posted Image
Most groups get more calories from meat than anything else, and ALL groups in this table eat meat.

Edited by Omnivium, 03 July 2012 - 03:51 PM.

#18 Ghostunit

Ghostunit

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 15
About Me

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:13 PM

NO!! Humans aren't designed to eat meat. Look at your teeth and compare it to meat eaters and plant eaters, now, what our teeth looks like? If you said herbivore, correct.
Also, why humans are getting heart-attack from eating animals-product and other diseases and cancers? Those who said that human are designed to eat meats need to learn more... Try eating raw meats.... you'll get sick and die eventually. Posted Image I have lots of vegan friends on FB and most of them cured and reversed their symptoms, diseases, and even cancer by going vegan. They also look much younger, etc..

Check this , I like that site.

http://michaelblueja...eg/natural.html

Edited by EddieE, 03 July 2012 - 04:21 PM.

#19 bobbi364

bobbi364

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:25 PM

NO!! Humans aren't designed to eat meat. Look at your teeth and compare it to meat eaters and plant eaters, now, what our teeth looks like? If you said herbivore, correct.
Also, why humans are getting heart-attack from eating animals-product and other diseases and cancers? Those who said that human are designed to eat meats need to learn more... Try eating raw meats.... you'll get sick and die eventually. Posted Image I have lots of vegan friends on FB and most of them cured and reversed their symptoms, diseases, and even cancer by going vegan. They also look much younger, etc..

good link to a summary table of this talk...also how is your diet going? acne improving?

#20 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:47 PM

Hey speak for yourself, I've got me some mean fangs. :)