Photo

Doing Nothing - Teen Acne

teen doing nothing teenage acne experiment all natural natural protein men

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 Baden

Baden

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:07 AM

I'm a sixteen year old guy with moderate acne, I've tried many things, and now I'm trying doing nothing.

I've had acne since I was about 12. It's always made me feel very insecure and depressed. I've tried multiple things, but have tried to stay away from the drugs such as Acutane, because of the possible side effects. The one thing I tried for the longest time was Epiduo. I can tell you more about that if you like, but this log will mostly be about my current regimen - nothing. I've been doing this for a few weeks now with pretty positive results. Better than I was expecting, at least. I shower every morning and night, and rarely wash my face between showers. In the shower I wash my face with whatever is there (within reason), typically Dove Men's Body/Face wash. That's not important though, because the point of this is, is basically acting like I don't have acne. I'm not using any product for it at all. I still use a generic moisturizer every morning on my face, and wash my face every time I shower, but no special acne products. I'll try to post everyday with a pithy log of the day and my skin condition. Right now I've got a few pimples, especially on my forehead. But my overall face is pretty clear (in comparison to usual) because I got a little sunburned the other day. Which, for whatever reason, always helps with my acne. Though I don't recommend going out and burning your face.

Please feel free to post and comment all you like, I appreciate input and am happy to answer questions!

#2 Baden

Baden

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:33 AM

Woke up to acne a little worse than last night. I have a problem with popping pimples, which is why. I need to stop that. For anyone who pops pimples, you have to stop! It will create permanent scars, and more acne immediately after. You'll really see that once you stop touching it, it will begin to make a huge difference.

Another thing that I think helps with overall skin smoothness is protein. Eating a lot of it. I'm also working out so that might just be me, but try to make sure anything you're lacking, eat more of it. Balancing your diet is everything.

#3 Ghostunit

Ghostunit

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 15
About Me

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:34 AM

That's odd that protein makes your skin smooth. I don't think that's true. You need to eat high nutritious food, like vegetables/fruits.
Best way to make your skin smooth and clear eventually:

Plant-based diet is the best medicine for everything.. That's if you consume at least 80% raw, mainly from veggies and fruits.
Exercising: cardio is great for skin and lifting a bit.
Thinking positive and try not to stress or think about acne.

I am doing these and my skin is currently very smooth and clearing up!
I am a vegan raw 100%. I feel better, have more energy, saving animals a year, glow skin, I look younger, etc.

#4 Baden

Baden

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:14 PM

I don't think it's necessarily the protein that's doing it, I think it's just that my body was needing more protein for other reasons, and because I started eating more, therefore balancing out my diet, my body was more balanced altogether resulting in better skin.

#5 Baden

Baden

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:21 PM

It's not working. I'm getting so depressed. I think about suicide all the time but this isn't a suicide topic. So far, no positive results. But i'll keep updating.

#6 gforce89

gforce89

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:10 AM

try just washing your face in the shower with just water

Ive had postive results when I just blast my face with the shower head every day.

#7 Etude

Etude

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:37 AM

I started doing the same thing as you for about 5 days now! Except, I don't use anything to wash my face except water and I don't even use my hands; I just let the (warm) water run on my face from the shower head for a couple of seconds and then pat dry with a towel. I've also been taking supplements, adding more fiber to my diet, and avoiding/limiting certain foods. So far I've seen pretty positive results, so I hope you do too! I know how big of an impact acne has on your life, but you just have to hope for the best!

#8 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:57 AM

I have had cystic acne since age 13. I tried the "nothing" regimen, and the "water only" regimen, and the "never wash your face" regimen, and none of them worked. I found out that most of my triggers were internal. To start out, I would cut out dairy and sugar from your diet. Protein is great. I eat way more protein and way less carbs now. I had a pretty amazing clearance from that. My body is pretty messed up so I had to do other things as well, but that was my first SUCCESSFUL step. I am 98% clear right now by treating my acne internally.

Here is an article explaining why dairy and sugar create acne: http://www.huffingto...a_b_822163.html

photo-152109.gif?_r=1345837784?__rand=0.

I don't get notified of your response to my post unless you QUOTE my post.

Please only quote a small portion of the post so it doesn't clutter up the thread. 

How to Treat Hormonal Acne

Good and Bad Birth Control Pills and Implants for Acne

How to take Spironolactone

List of Doctors Who Prescribe Spironolactone

Topicals for Hormonal Acne

HOW I STAY 100% CLEAR:

Spironolactone (anti-androgen drug)

Betaine HCL with each meal

Avoiding silicones and occlusives in skin/hair products

#9 ForQuestions

ForQuestions

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:28 AM

I don't know if this will help you, but here's my thread about my journey and how I finally cured my blemishes C:

http://www.acne.org/...m-blemish-free/

I hope you can find something in there that helps. I've used tons of products, so I've been around the block in terms of over the counter washes and other products x.x

Good luck!

Edited by ForQuestions, 22 July 2012 - 11:33 AM.