help

5 replies to this topic

#1 Edwerd

Edwerd

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:27 PM

Well I'm currently on week 7 of the regimen and I'm feeling pretty down. There's no redness anymore, no burning, no irritation, flakiness is declining but it doesn't look like my acne got any better and i'm still breaking out. In the what to expect most cases should be cleared by week
8 but i don't see that happening. Any tips? Any info? Any encouragement to keep me going?

#2 burtsbee

burtsbee

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:55 PM

Hi! I'm currently in the same situation as you, so I'm afraid I can't give any promising words that would reassure you that your break outs will start improving. However, I had an outbreak during my skins adjustment to the BP when I first started the regimen. From there on, my skin started clearing up little by little. Right now, my skin continues to break out, but it also clears up some acne as the days go by. It seems like your skin is already adjusted to the BP since there is no more irritation, redness, etc. However, are you using the full dosage of BP? I think that you need to give it more time since it seems like your skin just got adjusted to the BP.
But in my opinion, if you continue to break out and there seems to be no improvement, this regimen may not be right for you. I hope that you see some improvement soon! I'm still waiting for it to take full effect as well :)! Just give it a little more time and see!

#3 AyeAye

AyeAye

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 30
About Me
  • Interests:Boxing, cycling, reading, learning to speak french (tres mal), public speaking, bush walking/hiking, chocolate - well actually food in general, and perfect skin.... gazing admiringly at people's perfect skin.

Achievements

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:11 PM

Hey Ed, congratulations on getting the burning, red itchy skin behind you. Its a shame that you're not seeing any improvement with your acne, but all I can say is are you sure? I know I kept a photo diary of my skin each week, and every week I kept thinking "this is so disappointing, I'm still breaking out, I still have bad skin blah blah" but it wasnt until I looked back at my starting photo that I realised that my skin was slowly improving - it just wasnt perfect yet.

My only advice to you is firstly make sure you're not 'slacking off' with the regimen. Make sure you're still following the steps exactly as Dan prescribes and that you're not adding extra products (like exfoliating) or missing out on steps (like waiting for the BP to fully dry). But most of all be patient. Not everyone's skin is the same and sometimes it just takes longer forsome people to start clearing up. At least you are past the awful dry burning stage so it can only get better from here right?

Good luck and keep us posted! :)

After remaining clear for around 1.5 years following DKR (The Regimen), in March 2013 I decided to change to Epiduo.  I use a pea size amount of epiduo each night, followed by a layer of topical antibiotic (Eryacne). I also apply Eryacne every morning and moisturise twice a day. After switching to Epiduo from the regimen I found that it took a good 3 months to get back to being perfectly clear again and now I might get one small pimple appear per month.  I can live with that smile.png

I started following Dan's Regimen in September 2011 after suffering with acne for 20 years or so. I followed the Regimen instructions exactly and became 100% clear within 9-11 weeks. In December 2011 and after being consistently clear for over a month, I started to slowly reduce the amount of BP I used until I was only applying BP at night. My skin still remained clear however I sometimes switched to applying BP twice a day for a few days (perhaps once a month) if I felt a few under skin bumps starting to come up. I used acne.org products (including AHA and jojoba oil) and sometimes cetaphil moisturiser at night if I felt my skin was especially dry.  In the gallery I show my week by week progress following the regimen.

#4 Edwerd

Edwerd

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:59 PM

Hey Ed, congratulations on getting the burning, red itchy skin behind you. Its a shame that you're not seeing any improvement with your acne, but all I can say is are you sure? I know I kept a photo diary of my skin each week, and every week I kept thinking "this is so disappointing, I'm still breaking out, I still have bad skin blah blah" but it wasnt until I looked back at my starting photo that I realised that my skin was slowly improving - it just wasnt perfect yet.

My only advice to you is firstly make sure you're not 'slacking off' with the regimen. Make sure you're still following the steps exactly as Dan prescribes and that you're not adding extra products (like exfoliating) or missing out on steps (like waiting for the BP to fully dry). But most of all be patient. Not everyone's skin is the same and sometimes it just takes longer forsome people to start clearing up. At least you are past the awful dry burning stage so it can only get better from here right?

Good luck and keep us posted! Posted Image

Thanks, I'm not slacking off I think I just need to give the full amount sometime to work. I know the regimen inside and out by now so I think I just need to be patient.

Hi! I'm currently in the same situation as you, so I'm afraid I can't give any promising words that would reassure you that your break outs will start improving. However, I had an outbreak during my skins adjustment to the BP when I first started the regimen. From there on, my skin started clearing up little by little. Right now, my skin continues to break out, but it also clears up some acne as the days go by. It seems like your skin is already adjusted to the BP since there is no more irritation, redness, etc. However, are you using the full dosage of BP? I think that you need to give it more time since it seems like your skin just got adjusted to the BP.
But in my opinion, if you continue to break out and there seems to be no improvement, this regimen may not be right for you. I hope that you see some improvement soon! I'm still waiting for it to take full effect as well Posted Image! Just give it a little more time and see!

Thanks, I think I just need to be more patient, I'm probably going to go by the 3 month mark and If I'm not satisfied by then I'll have to reevaluate the regimen to see if I'm doing it 100% correct.

#5 clearbyjune30

clearbyjune30

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:28 PM

I Just finished month 3. I also kept breaking out almost every week on the regimen. But they were smaller and few and my old acne kept getting better and better. Then before you know it your almost completely clear, and breakout come very rarely and go away fast. When i started i had like 30 big bumps all over.
Now i have 1 tiny bump that you cant even notice. It will work if you stick with it. Its not easy though. One of the hardest things ive ever gone through, becuase i didnt wanna go out because of the acne and the flakes.You just have to focus on the goal. Life with no more acne, or at least to be in control of it. That should be enough motivation to keep you going, you can also message me for anything. I know its hard. Just dont stop

#6 Skintuition

Skintuition

1 Year On The DKR

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:finding a cure for acne :)

Achievements

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:38 PM

My best words of motivation would be to never give up on your skin. It may look like crap, you may feel terrible, but instead of feeling down, look at things you could do to improve your situation. Though Dan says to use a ton of BP, it's not really necessary unless you have really bad acne. In fact, the more BP I use, the worse my skin burns, the worse it flakes and the longer it takes to dry on my skin. I've been on the regimen for 3 months, I have taken it VERY slow and been very cautious with BP. I used too much on the second day of ever doing the regimen, and my skin was beet red. I couldn't believe it. It went away, though. Things will get better, just have faith!

Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users