Pord

A Good Powder For Facial Redness?

7 posts in this topic

Hey,

Does anyone know of any good facial powders that I could use to help cover facial redness? It has to be not very irritating. At the moment I am using some stuff called Physician's Formula. It is decent, but I am sure there is something better.

Thanks for your help!

Clinique have a powder in their anti redness range. I've never tried it and it'll be relatively expensive, but maybe you could ask at a counter for a sample?

Started (Ro)Accutane :)

Month 1- 20mg

Month 2- 50mg

Month 3- 50mg

I literally do not care what you think about accutane, it was MY choice to take it, respect that.

Clinique have a powder in their anti redness range. I've never tried it and it'll be relatively expensive, but maybe you could ask at a counter for a sample?

Thanks for the input. I will look into that.

Everyday minerals has a powder that is green, and it counteracts redness on my face very well. There are probably similar powders at the drug store, but I have never used them. You have to start with a very light application, so that it is easily covered with your mineral makeup.

HIGHLY recommend a green powder.

My Personal Log Detailing my adventures from "Natural to Not".

CURRENT REGIMEN:
(AM)
Neutrogena Facial Cleansing Bar for Acne Prone Skin, Clindamycin Phostphate Topical 1%, Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 45, Equate Absolutely Beaming Daily Moisturizer, (I mix this and the sunblock together and the sunblock helps mattify the moisturizer), 1x Vitamin D3, 1x Borage Oil, 2x Burdock Root, 1x Vitamin E, 1x Vitamin A, 2x Calcium, 1x Vitamin B Complex, 1x Vitamin C.
(PM)
Ortho-Tri Cyclen Lo, Cetaphil Anti-Bacterial Gentle Cleansing Bar, Paula's Choice 2% BHA Liquid, Clindamycin Phosphate Topical 1%, Grapeseed Oil.

If your skin isn't dry, Benefit's hello flawless powder foundation will give you plenty of coverage for your redness.

Lily Lolo also do a mineral correcter powder that's green and it has very few ingredients. I received it in the post this morning and it's been on my face all day - so far no irritation what so ever. (Which is great as with my acne treatment my skin has become incredibly sensitive, my old make-up from Avon now burns my face!) I use this powder to cover my post-blemish acne scars and it does a decent job. It's most likely similar to Everyday Minerals so it might be worth checking them both out.

I use a green color corrector from Everyday Minerals. it's a loose mineral powder that I just apply on the red patches with a kabuki brush.

Skin Regimen:

Cleanse with (CVS brand equivalent of) Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser

Treat with Dan's BP treatment

Moisturize with aloe vera gel mixed with a little glycerin

I'll add jojoba oil when I feel my skin needs it.