4 replies to this topic

#1 valentinafrost

valentinafrost

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:06 PM

Hey guys my dermatoligst is giving me the option of using accutane because my skin is breaking out really bad again since i stopped my healthy diet and supplements. Its just i can go back on my diet and take my supplements to get clear skin again but...its so bothersome that i can't have my favorite foods anymore and i have to take like 10 kinds of supplements a day. My confidence and happiness just died again since i got breakouts. So accutane or go back to my strict diet with supplements? :/

#2 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:41 PM

Are you female? Hormonal treatments > Accutane. For a lot of women.

photo-152109.gif?_r=1345837784?__rand=0.

I don't get notified of your response to my post unless you QUOTE my post.

Please only quote a small portion of the post so it doesn't clutter up the thread. 

How to Treat Hormonal Acne

Good and Bad Birth Control Pills and Implants for Acne

How to take Spironolactone

List of Doctors Who Prescribe Spironolactone

Topicals for Hormonal Acne

HOW I STAY 100% CLEAR:

Spironolactone (anti-androgen drug)

Betaine HCL with each meal

Avoiding silicones and occlusives in skin/hair products

#3 Ghostunit

Ghostunit

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 15
About Me

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:54 AM

Hey guys my dermatoligst is giving me the option of using accutane because my skin is breaking out really bad again since i stopped my healthy diet and supplements. Its just i can go back on my diet and take my supplements to get clear skin again but...its so bothersome that i can't have my favorite foods anymore and i have to take like 10 kinds of supplements a day. My confidence and happiness just died again since i got breakouts. So accutane or go back to my strict diet with supplements? :/

Wow.. go back to your healthy diet man!! healthy lifestyle > accutane for sure. Forget your favorite foods, not worth it... they increases the risk of cancers and disease that you don't want in the future. Keep yourself protected. I say go back to diet, mostly raw foods. Try using google and try plant-based recipes. There are a lot and tasty. Don't do it for your skin, do it for your health, too. So yeah, eating healthy will keep you clear and protect you, etc. You don't need supplement, just eat more fruits and vegetables and you'll get enough of vitamins and minerals Posted Image

Edited by EddieE, 30 June 2012 - 09:56 AM.

Best way to make your skin smooth and clear eventually:

Plant-based diet is the best medicine for everything.. That's if you consume at least 80% raw, mainly from veggies and fruits.
Exercising: cardio is great for skin and lifting a bit.
Thinking positive and try not to stress or think about acne.

I am doing these and my skin is currently very smooth and clearing up!
I am a vegan raw 100%. I feel better, have more energy, saving animals a year, glow skin, I look younger, etc.

#4 valentinafrost

valentinafrost

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:09 AM

Wow.. go back to your healthy diet man!! healthy lifestyle > accutane for sure. Forget your favorite foods, not worth it... they increases the risk of cancers and disease that you don't want in the future. Keep yourself protected. I say go back to diet, mostly raw foods. Try using google and try plant-based recipes. There are a lot and tasty. Don't do it for your skin, do it for your health, too. So yeah, eating healthy will keep you clear and protect you, etc. You don't need supplement, just eat more fruits and vegetables and you'll get enough of vitamins and minerals Posted Image

Ya but life sucks without my favorite foods :/ i have to eat all these nasty tasting foods and i cant have anything tasty

#5 Ghostunit

Ghostunit

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 15
About Me

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:46 AM

Ya but life sucks without my favorite foods :/ i have to eat all these nasty tasting foods and i cant have anything tasty

Plant-based foods are tasty, just gotta learn how to cook and find recipes. I like the taste of plant-based food now. I feel clean eating real food. I also didn't lose muscles, etc. I eat a lot of plant-food because I need lots of calories.
Best way to make your skin smooth and clear eventually:

Plant-based diet is the best medicine for everything.. That's if you consume at least 80% raw, mainly from veggies and fruits.
Exercising: cardio is great for skin and lifting a bit.
Thinking positive and try not to stress or think about acne.

I am doing these and my skin is currently very smooth and clearing up!
I am a vegan raw 100%. I feel better, have more energy, saving animals a year, glow skin, I look younger, etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users