Photo

Irritation, Dryness, Help

help discoloration irritated skin flakes dryness scaliness redness

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 Skintuition

Skintuition

1 Year On The DKR

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:50 PM

So, I've been on the regimen for 3 months now, and it cleared my skin up. In all the areas where I do the regimen, I have clear skin. However, the discoloration and dryness from the BP is really just awful. I have this patch of irritated skin on my face that flares up red everytime i scratch it or rub it. There are two of them actually. It's not a blemish, it's irritated skin. It itches and burns, and it's pretty annoying. It goes away maybe 20-30 minutes after, but for the most part it's not fun. Also, my skin flakes like you wouldn't believe. If I so much as scratch my skin, it peels off and flakes. Anytime water comes in contact with my face, it peels. It also appears dry and cracked a lot. At the end of the day, it begins to itch. I noticed that the irritation problems went away when I used a hand soap that contained Aloe Vera. However, the irritated patches on my skin were caused AFTER I lowered the amount of BP I used. I know the dryness is due to using too much BP, which my skin isn't used to, plus I know my skin doesn't NEED that much. My ultimate solution will be to, all though not advised, use LESS bp, maybe 1 pump per day, and incorperate some aloe into my routine? Any tips or advice? Please comment.

#2 justsomeguy44

justsomeguy44

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:12 PM

Sounds like a major dead skin issue.

This went away for me after I exfoliated with a wet washcloth gently a long time ago. Not Regimen recommended for sure though.

Have you tried using AHA? That should exfoliate pretty well, and is definitely recommended.

#3 missy...

missy...

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:31 PM

I personally use glycerin after akl recommended it. I love it. I really think you should look into it.

#4 xbeautyxxkillzx

xbeautyxxkillzx

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:04 AM

AHA AHA & more AHA!!! It is the best exfoliator ever! I finally gave up on using benzoyl peroxide in the way the regimen dictates.. It was far too drying & made me just as miserable as when I had acne. About a month ago I began applying a generous amount of AHA & 5 drops of jojoba oil right after I take a shower, let it dry, and put a thin layer of BP over it. My skin is super soft & smooth and is staying more clear than it was when I was using more benzoyl peroxide. Go figure.. Listen to your skin.. If you're that far in & the dryness isn't improving you may want to try a different approach with Dan's products. I'm damn glad that I finally diverged & found a regimen that is working way better for me. Best of luck to you!

#5 FlyBoy

FlyBoy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:48 AM

Im having the exact same problem, only im four months in! Aha has worked wonders on my back and neck so perhaps it is time to try it on my face.

#6 Skintuition

Skintuition

1 Year On The DKR

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:29 AM

AHA AHA & more AHA!!! It is the best exfoliator ever! I finally gave up on using benzoyl peroxide in the way the regimen dictates.. It was far too drying & made me just as miserable as when I had acne. About a month ago I began applying a generous amount of AHA & 5 drops of jojoba oil right after I take a shower, let it dry, and put a thin layer of BP over it. My skin is super soft & smooth and is staying more clear than it was when I was using more benzoyl peroxide. Go figure.. Listen to your skin.. If you're that far in & the dryness isn't improving you may want to try a different approach with Dan's products. I'm damn glad that I finally diverged & found a regimen that is working way better for me. Best of luck to you!

Thanks for the tip, I've heard good things about AHA but I fear that my skin is very sensitive and may not react well to it. I've heard of some people developing Eczema from it... But hey maybe should give it a try! :D

#7 clearbyjune30

clearbyjune30

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:57 AM

Thanks for the tip, I've heard good things about AHA but I fear that my skin is very sensitive and may not react well to it. I've heard of some people developing Eczema from it... But hey maybe should give it a try! Posted Image

Im also 3 months into the regimen and about 95% clear now. It was pretty bad when i started though. My skin was CRAZY dry and FLAKY i didnt wanna go out.
AHA definitly helps with exfoliating some dead skin cells but i found using it everyday wasnt the complete answer.

THE SOLUTION: Less bp, like wayyyyyy less. Sure u might b prone to a blemish here and there, but your skin WILL return to normal.

I went down to 1 pump at first, then half a pump, and now im at about 0.3 of a pump 2x a day.

I also still use AHA sometimes maybe 2x a week. only if i feel like i need it.

Sure i have 2 small blemishes, but i have my smooth, soft, FLAKE FREE skin back.

If u start breakoing out just up your bp till u find a perfect balance. Im still searching for my balace. But trust me it works! Goodluck!

#8 rush25

rush25

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:38 PM

Have you tried jojoba oil?

#9 Skintuition

Skintuition

1 Year On The DKR

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:30 PM

Have you tried jojoba oil?

Yes, I use it twice a day

Thanks for the tip, I've heard good things about AHA but I fear that my skin is very sensitive and may not react well to it. I've heard of some people developing Eczema from it... But hey maybe should give it a try! Posted Image

Im also 3 months into the regimen and about 95% clear now. It was pretty bad when i started though. My skin was CRAZY dry and FLAKY i didnt wanna go out.
AHA definitly helps with exfoliating some dead skin cells but i found using it everyday wasnt the complete answer.

THE SOLUTION: Less bp, like wayyyyyy less. Sure u might b prone to a blemish here and there, but your skin WILL return to normal.

I went down to 1 pump at first, then half a pump, and now im at about 0.3 of a pump 2x a day.

I also still use AHA sometimes maybe 2x a week. only if i feel like i need it.

Sure i have 2 small blemishes, but i have my smooth, soft, FLAKE FREE skin back.

If u start breakoing out just up your bp till u find a perfect balance. Im still searching for my balace. But trust me it works! Goodluck!

I don't have a really bad acne problem right now thanks to the regimen, but I do think that I'm using way too much BP, I don't think my skin is used to being this dry, nor does it need to be this dry. I think I can definitely cut down, thanks for the tips.