gut flora vitamin vitamins aha alpha hydroxy acid

3 replies to this topic

#1 Wabbit

Wabbit

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:53 PM

Warning: This post may contain a bit of TMI... haha.

I have suffered with chronic constipation my entire life. When I was as young as five or six, I remember my mom would have to give me a laxative (or whatever it is they stick up your butt) pretty regularly. I stopped doing that when I was young, but I still only have a BM every two or three days, sometimes even less. And they are always uncomfortable, hard and just unpleasant. Whooo... yay for TMI! :D

That said, I also suffer from what I feel is pretty moderate to severe acne. It was pretty much clear until I turned 13, at which point it spiralled out of control. I have pretty heavy acne all on my cheeks and chin, as well as my chest, back and (especially) shoulders. I feel like my acne is mainly an internal problem, and it might even have a corelation to my gastrointestinal problems.

However, I don't eat processed foods on a daily basis (only special occassions) and I think that, overall, my diet is okay... I've tried researching how to fix my problem with gut flora, but I am completely overwhelmed by all of the information. People recommend multivitamins, all sorts of pills, different diets... and I'm not sure what to do! Could anyone help me out?

#2 Omnivium

Omnivium

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Oily skin.

Achievements

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:09 PM

Probiotics helped with my poops lol. They are supposed to be good for the gut flora and digestion, but they didn't improve my acne at all.

#3 sepsi

sepsi

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me
  • Interests:health, well being, natural healing, sports, diving, reading, internet

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:40 AM

There are some studies that show benefit in acne from taking either probiotic supplements or drinking fermented drinks, see here: http://www.acneeinst...gut-skin-axis/. My personal pference is to make my own yogurt. It's cheap, delicious and you are sure to get fresh bacteria :)

Gut issues can have many causes, and not all of them dietary. You might want to consider a HCL (stomach acid) supplement. Low stomach acid is known to contribute to gut issues.

Stress and sleep deprivation are other factors.

Diet-wise it makes sense to add prebiotics foods to your diet, like bananas, asparagus and onions.

#4 Binga

Binga

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:52 AM

Warning: This post may contain a bit of TMI... haha.

I have suffered with chronic constipation my entire life. When I was as young as five or six, I remember my mom would have to give me a laxative (or whatever it is they stick up your butt) pretty regularly. I stopped doing that when I was young, but I still only have a BM every two or three days, sometimes even less. And they are always uncomfortable, hard and just unpleasant. Whooo... yay for TMI! Posted Image

That said, I also suffer from what I feel is pretty moderate to severe acne. It was pretty much clear until I turned 13, at which point it spiralled out of control. I have pretty heavy acne all on my cheeks and chin, as well as my chest, back and (especially) shoulders. I feel like my acne is mainly an internal problem, and it might even have a corelation to my gastrointestinal problems.

However, I don't eat processed foods on a daily basis (only special occassions) and I think that, overall, my diet is okay... I've tried researching how to fix my problem with gut flora, but I am completely overwhelmed by all of the information. People recommend multivitamins, all sorts of pills, different diets... and I'm not sure what to do! Could anyone help me out?

Artificial laxatives like milk of magnesia have lowered your stomach acid and weakened your digestive power. Go to a good gastroenterologist and do some tests. In the mean time you can have psyllium husk with raw manuka honey. No artificial laxatives and cut down on red meat, dairy. Hard to digest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users