Photo

Someday....

acne.org regimen

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

#21 oceanbreezes

oceanbreezes

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:19 AM

Oceanbreeze,
Oh when I read that last post it made me so sad! For your mom to being such things to you is just cruel and to get through acne you need supportive. But thats where acne.org, tons of people here to support you. Dont listen to your mom, you probably are beautiful with acne.Anyone who looks beauty is soley based on the complexion of your skin, needs a serious wake up call. All they are bumps on the face that can make you feel so down, ugly, and insignificant. But they go away! They totally do. I encouarge you to keep with the regimen. Im about a year into the regimen and my face went from being like horrible, ugly (I'd make excuses of why I couldnt see my boyfriend) to be clear and has given be the ability to feel like I dont need to wear make up anymore. Also, try taking a zinc supplement, that is what really worked well for me too. Oh and WATER! You may not have clear skin by the time your boyfriend comes home, but thats okay. If he really loves, which is seems like he does for being together so long, he wont care what you look like. Just dont beat yourself down and keep on with the regimen. It really does wonders.

They do go away, but then we are left with scars.. but it is worth it to pay thousands for laser treatments. First though, I would try treating it naturally, but I don't see a lot of results using aloe vera fresh. I might do the laser thing in the future.
To Oceanbreeze,

I assume your bf returned home. Any updates? ha ha

Hi, there! Thank you for stopping by. Posted Image

As for the update: Today has officially been 2 months on the regimen. I wish I could say that I've seen a big improvement, but unfortunately I can't say that. However, I have seen some improvement; slowly but surely. I get so frustrated but I know most people say that they take about 3 months to really see any improvement at all, so I'm really hoping that by month three, things will begin looking better for me.

My right cheek is doing A LOT better than my left, it's clear, except for the 2 cysts along my right jaw. Thank goodness that they are not that noticeable, only if you look at

Sorry for such a long post, thank you for reading!

I'm glad you see some improvements! I do get medium sized cysts which takes a week to two to heal, then I am left with red marks which takes very long. it's been 2 months and there are still dark spots. I broke out with 4-5 identical size cysts next to each other.. sucks Posted Image I might do a laser treatment just on that area since it is bad.
I'm waiting till I stop breaking out. I'm sure your bf will be excited to see you. That's cute that you're dying to see him. I know you really love him and I am sure he does too. Hope everything goes well!!

Awwww, thank you so much! You're so nice! You're so lucky that your cysts only take a week or two to heal. Mine takes months! But yeah, they do leave really dark marks, but I'd rather deal with the marks than the cysts. I hope the laser treatment does wonders for you.

As for the boyfriend, today went splendid! He didn't even really notice my cysts but when he did, he just said (with a worried look), "Ouch, that looks painful." And I said, "Yeah...." all sad. And then he just kissed me after that, lol. He wanted to take me out to get ice cream but I said I wasn't eating dairy because it causes me to breakout and unless he doesn't mind me breaking out so much, then I wasn't gonna go get any. He told me that it doesn't matter to him that I get breakouts because I'm still beautiful. I don't know how I ever got so lucky. He was one of the popular kids in high school, not because he played sports, but because he was well known for his bubbly, outgoing, funny, loving personality (and very handsome too). When we started dating, there was like 3 other girls who liked him and yet he chose me, the quiet, red face girl with acne who sits next to him in English class. I was like, "What? Why?" But here we are 6 years later. Lol, sorry, guys, for my sappy love story. I'll end it here because that doesn't really matter in this forum.

Thank you for reading! Posted Image

Wow, it takes months? That's crazy. What about the pain, how long it last? ;\. They do hurt. I think I am getting a cysts on my right cheek because it hurts, it is red already. Not sure if it will be big. Sucks!! My skin was doing fine, it was calmed. Oh well, gonna drink more smoothies, mostly leafy greens.It makes my skin smooth.

I'm glad everything went well! I wish I was popular in HS. I never was. I was the shy one who was always very quiet. Lol, and yeah, don't eat dairy!! I know he won't care, but you know it sucks breaking out ;\

Yes, unfortunately it does take months to go away. The pain is bearable as long as I don't accidentally hit or rub my cysts the wrong way. I hope your cyst doesn't come out all the way. Hopefully it's not a cyst at all! Green leaf smoothies do sound good! Maybe I should give it a try as well.

Lol, don't worry, I wasn't popular in high school either. I was so shy and quiet. People only knew I existed after my boyfriend and I started dating. But that didn't make me popular either because I'm an introverted person and I keep to myself a lot. I actually don't mind being unpopular because I'm a really reserved person, lol. Anyways, I didn't get any ice cream or dairy. We went to a deli and got sandwiches instead, but thank you for your concern, it's so nice of you. Posted Image

Crazy that it takes long . I bet it sucks when you get a cysts because you know that it takes months to heal. You should try the green leafy smoothies, it does make your skin smooth. I remember drinking spinach smoothie and it did made my skin smooth, but the taste wasn't too great since I added a lot of spinach, like 4-5 cups with 3 fuji apples, and bananas, then I add about 2 cups of water and blend. You can find lots of recipes on the internet.Posted Image Hope you decide to try it!

I like being shy. I love being alone without people bothering me at all. ^^;;

Yeah, it does suck every time I feel a cyst coming up. It gets me so frustrated! I will try the green leaf smoothies! I made one with spinach, broccoli and some fruits once, I have to admit it's not as tasty as a fruit smoothie with no veggies, lol. But I'll give it another try some time.

It's always good to be independent! :)

#22 oceanbreezes

oceanbreezes

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:38 AM

Ugh, my face is like a roller coaster! I don't know what to do anymore!!! I'm so frustrated and sad and just so blah. :( I really hope it gets better before school starts. (August 22) I hope all is well for you guys.

#23 thereisalwayshope

thereisalwayshope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 13
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:08 AM

Ugh, my face is like a roller coaster! I don't know what to do anymore!!! I'm so frustrated and sad and just so blah. Posted Image I really hope it gets better before school starts. (August 22) I hope all is well for you guys.

Stay strong. You're obviously a strong woman. Believe in the regimen, and think about the end result. :) I too wished for clear skin before school start, but it was not realistic enough haha because I still have acne!

Good luck :) Update you progress oceanbreeze, I would love to hear about it! Posted Image

#24 oceanbreezes

oceanbreezes

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:25 AM

Ugh, my face is like a roller coaster! I don't know what to do anymore!!! I'm so frustrated and sad and just so blah. Posted Image I really hope it gets better before school starts. (August 22) I hope all is well for you guys.

Stay strong. You're obviously a strong woman. Believe in the regimen, and think about the end result. Posted Image I too wished for clear skin before school start, but it was not realistic enough haha because I still have acne!

Good luck Posted Image Update you progress oceanbreeze, I would love to hear about it! Posted Image

Thank you so much! You're so optimistic in your blog that it's making me more optimistic! :)

Update on my skin: It's been officially 3 months now and I can thankfully say that I am seeing definite results! Is it the kind of results that I would have loved to have seen by now? Nope. But it is definitely, definitely getting better. I hope I don't jinx myself for saying that, lol. My skin is less red and bp doesn't burn much anymore, most of the time it doesn't burn at all. My skin is also not flaky, some flakes here and there, but for the most part is okay. I did get a cyst along my left jaw (darn it!) but I have a feeling that it'll only get better after this (cross my fingers). The cysts on my left cheek have really flattened out so that's a good thing. My forehead is still staying clear, I have two pimples on my chin 'cause it's that time of the month again. But other than that, it's looking way better than when I started.

I also switched the cleanser and moisturizer over to Cetaphil when I ran out of them because the cleanser was way too drying for me. After I washed my face, it felt so, so tight. I couldn't even smile or talk! And my skin just didn't seem to like the moisturizer at all. I didn't like the way it would make my face feel so greasy and it felt like the moisturizer just sits on top of my skin and doesn't get absorbed. It was just like a heavy feeling if you know what I mean. The Cetaphil moisturizer is okay, still a bit too greasy for me but it doesn't break me out so I'll stick with that until my skin is clearer. Then I will go on a moisturizer hunt! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

So that's it for now. Thanks for reading guys, and good luck! :)

#25 thereisalwayshope

thereisalwayshope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 13
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:12 AM

I use both the Cetaphil Moisturizer and Cleanser and I like them...hmmm..Nutrogena has some though? Check out their site!

http://www.neutrogen...zers.do?nType=1

#26 maybemonday

maybemonday

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:06 PM

Hi! I've read through your blog and could relate so much. My mother is also very unsupportive of my challenges with acne and I'm always used as a cautionary tale as to 'what happens when you don't take proper care of your skin' which is ironic considering I'm so obsessively careful! haha
Anyway thanks for posting and updating, its been great to be able to look at someone elses experience on the regimen and see the similarities. I'm on week 5 and feel/look a lot like you did at the beginning of your blog. I'm also sure my hormones play a role in my breakouts but am persevering with the Regimen for now!!

I was using Aveeno moisturizer up until I realized it wasn't actually moisturizing haha, so I switched (as recommended by mannnyyyy people on acne.org) to Eucerin and it's absolutely worked wonders!! I use the Eucerin daily moisturizing cream and it keeps my skin hydrated under my makeup all day. So it's worth giving it a shot! Best of luck to you :)

#27 oceanbreezes

oceanbreezes

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:48 AM

Hi! I've read through your blog and could relate so much. My mother is also very unsupportive of my challenges with acne and I'm always used as a cautionary tale as to 'what happens when you don't take proper care of your skin' which is ironic considering I'm so obsessively careful! haha
Anyway thanks for posting and updating, its been great to be able to look at someone elses experience on the regimen and see the similarities. I'm on week 5 and feel/look a lot like you did at the beginning of your blog. I'm also sure my hormones play a role in my breakouts but am persevering with the Regimen for now!!

I was using Aveeno moisturizer up until I realized it wasn't actually moisturizing haha, so I switched (as recommended by mannnyyyy people on acne.org) to Eucerin and it's absolutely worked wonders!! I use the Eucerin daily moisturizing cream and it keeps my skin hydrated under my makeup all day. So it's worth giving it a shot! Best of luck to you Posted Image

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by! Isn't just awful when your own family (especially your mother) is the one always making you feel so bad? And I agree with you, it is ironic because we do try to be so cautious with our skin and yet people like to say it's because we don't take care of it. It's so unfair how people with clear skin can touch it however they want, rub it against anything etc. and it will still be baby smooth. But that's life for ya.

Anyway, good luck on the regimen! It's so frustrating during those beginning weeks, but just stick to it and you'll get there. Patience is key even though it is so hard! I really hope that it will work out for you. It's gonna be a roller coaster ride with this regimen but you can do it!

I was thinking of trying the Eucerin moisturizer too because I've read so many good things about it. Thank you for your input on that, I will definitely try it out next! Thank you so much and best of luck to you as well! :)

#28 oceanbreezes

oceanbreezes

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:48 PM

I was wondering... does anyone NOT use the two whole pumps? When I pump out two pumps, its sooo much! I'm a really small petite person, and so maybe I don't need to use 2 pumps? I was using a finger length because that's what two pumps is supposed to be like, but when I got the bottle with the pump and I did one pump, it was already more than twice the amount of my finger length. I wonder if maybe I'll be okay if I don't use the recommended two pumps. To give you guys an idea, I'm 4'10" and weigh 87 pounds. Last year for our 5 year anniversary, my boyfriend bought me a ring in size 3 and I had to get it resized to a size 2 'cause it was still too big. So you see, I'm kinda a small person. I think maybe Dan just has a bigger face than I do and so that's why he uses two pumps. What do you guys think? Should I use 2 anyway? Thanks in advance!