5 replies to this topic

#1 onefatalgoose

onefatalgoose

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 June 2012 - 01:11 AM

Whole grains, Dairy, and Meat products are very actively promoted as healthy things to consume in our society, and we can see this in the food pyramid. But is it smart to be getting your nutritional information from the FDA and the pyramid?

Many people aren't aware of how corrupt the FDA is. You've got people in the FDA with one foot in the grain industry, and one foot in the livestock/dairy industry telling you these things are what we need to be consuming for our health. And some of the members of the FDA have been associated with Monsanto and their genetically modified crops and herbicides that come with them. Not to mention rBGH that is given to dairy cows.
And if you don't know about Monsanto, they are a greedy, corrupt company void of any moral values or concern for human life other than their own. And that is putting it lightly. They don't even consume the patented, yes patented, GMO's that they are spreading around the world. These people do not consider your health a priority, believe me, they don't.

Whole grains:
Whole grains get discussed on and off in this forum, but here's a couple discussions that I really liked regarding them. For people who are already aware of how bad whole grains are, this won't be anything ground breaking, but for those who aren't, i want to make sure you are well aware of how bad these things are for you. Also they are one of the most genetically modified foods out there

http://www.marksdail.../#axzz1ymEEYANl

http://nourishedkitc...give-up-grains/

Dairy/Meat:
There is a reason you don't see calves walking around taking sips from their mother's udders. They've reached an age where they can find adequate nutrition from food in their environment. The same concept applies to humans. As soon as children are able to consume baby food and are taken off breast milk, they should be done with any milk products (aside from fermented products like organic yogurt and kefir)

Many people are also unaware of all the crap they inject into dairy cows like rBGh and IGF-1, not to mention antibiotics. Or the tasty pus that gets into milk products due to the cows developing mastitis. Dairy has also been linked to weakening of our bones, and it's very acid forming, if you're concerned about your ratio of alkaline vs. acidic forming foods (which you should be). Also i'd really like for someone to show me some essential nutrient that we can only get from cow's milk that we can't find anywhere else. And i'm not talking about probiotics from fermented raw, uncooked, unadulterated milk.

People who consume high amounts of meat and dairy have been found to have more calcium in their urine. Calcium that is being taken from the bones in order to neutralize the acids, thus keeping our blood at a consistent 'ph'. When you consume your proteins through plant based proteins, many acid buffering minerals are already present in the food, so they don't need to be found via the calcium in your bones. Or if you're like me and eat raw eggs, you can make sure to eat more alkaline forming fruits and vegetables alongside them in order to compensate.

And that is one of the problems in this country. Our portions are largely meat with vegetables and fruits as a side dish, when it should be the other way around

https://www.msu.edu/...um protein.html

"Milk has a positive potential renal acid load (PRAL) which triggers a protective biological reaction to neutralize all the damaging acidic protein before it reaches the kidneys.
The body is designed for survival, so it sacrifices bone density to protect the kidneys and urinary tract because the latter are essential to survival. And the most readily available source of acid neutralizer is in the bones. So even though milk contains calcium, it ends up sapping your bones of that crucial mineral." - exert from save our bones

One more article discussing dairy and it's harmful effects on the human body

http://www.encognitive.com/node/1388

"Since bone is largely composed of calcium, it might appear logical to link calcium intake with bone health. Western women are now encouraged to consume at least 1,000 to 1,500 mg of calcium daily. It is curious, however, when cross-cultural data clearly shows that in less-developed countries-where people consume little or no dairy products and ingest less total calcium-there are much lower rates of osteoporosis.33" -exert from the encognitive.com article

I've always been a bit skeptical of the Food Pyramid, but it wasn't until about six months ago that i started researching and hearing from others on this site how corrupt and backwards it is. And again, my goal in creating this post is to get people who are unaware of this aware. Many members of this site have been aware of this much longer than I have, but I think it's important that everyone knows

#2 onefatalgoose

onefatalgoose

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:07 AM

I know this is very much a "well duh" topic for most people who browse the nutrition section of this board, but for those who don't, and even those who are hung up on eating alot of meat/dairy/whole grains, I feel like it's important to discuss this

#3 ClearDreaming

ClearDreaming

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:47 AM

Why do you say diary is bad, but feel that organic yoghurt is ok? I don't see how you've drawn the line there.

#4 DaftFrost

DaftFrost

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:05 AM

Why do you say diary is bad, but feel that organic yoghurt is ok? I don't see how you've drawn the line there.

They keyword is "organic", should be lactose free , artifical hormones free and some may be antibiotic free. Yogurts are lot easier to digest, and are fermented which can help your gut, most yogurts are added with sugar and other additives, which makes them bad. Just one of those Activia yogurt has about 17g of added sugar. enough to cause insulin response.

#5 ClearDreaming

ClearDreaming

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 June 2012 - 01:27 PM

I understand the basis for all of that, I'm just wondering why the poster has said that milk is bad but not yoghurt, I mean, you can get organic, lactose hormone free milk too. I'm vegan anyway for ethical reasons.

#6 onefatalgoose

onefatalgoose

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:54 PM

I understand the basis for all of that, I'm just wondering why the poster has said that milk is bad but not yoghurt, I mean, you can get organic, lactose hormone free milk too. I'm vegan anyway for ethical reasons.

There's no isolated health benefit that you can get solely from consuming milk, and the only reason to consume yoghurt and kefir is for the probiotics. And even then it should be done in a balanced ratio with more alkaline forming foods to compensate for the acid forming nature of all dairy products. And i don't think yoghurt or kefir become completely lactose free after the fermenting process. Correct me if i'm wrong

Also
You can get probiotic benefits from fermenting vegetables anyway, so you really don't even need yoghurt or kefir. Plus Daft is correct, alot of these probiotic full yoghurts are also loaded with sugar. Personally I don't consume dairy products period, but I know many people defend yoghurt and kefir. But it's completely unnecessary when you can just ferment vegetables

And you know what ClearDreaming, you are totally right. I am here by declaring all forms of dairy unnecessary. I'm done defending yoghurt and kefir as well. If you want beneficial probiotics from food, ferment your vegetables

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users