91 replies to this topic

#41 CherrySoda08

CherrySoda08

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 19
About Me

Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:24 PM

wouldnt the co2 laser interfere with your laviv/subcision results? v beam is great for redness if you have redness in your scars. a PS told me subcision wouldnt have a good effect on ice pick/ box scarring. what you think of that?

I think he sensed my skepticism over whether Total FX alone could provide me the benefits that I was after, and became concerned when he realized I was active on the Internet.

... In response, he said, "to be honest, that's what keeps my MediSpa in business."

Posted Image

You've gotta be kidding me!

my doctor stated that the laser will reduce the redness and improve the texture of my scars...he never really mentioned that it will raise or improve the depth but i assume it will help some...he also mentioned that it will be a straightforward procedure with very quick recovery time of 2/3 days..
i heard about the vbeam and i think the co2 fractional is safer and more effective...isnt the vbeam non fractional? therefore a longer healing time? idk
i stated this already i think and I deeply belive that subcision will help improve any depressed scar!! icepick, rolling, boxscar etc...

At the risk of sounding kind of ignorant, do you believe that subcision will help improve indented scarring better than excision (like I have had)? And if so, why is this?

I have only had subcision performed on one scar (rolling), and then excision on all the rest of my scarring (shallow ice pick). I assumed subcision was more suited for rolling scars, and perhaps boxscars, and then excision was intended to be used for ice pick.

I'd love some feedback about this.

#42 waitingforacure

waitingforacure

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:fighting acne/scars...

Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:41 PM

i'm going to take this risk! ive only bought one treatment of laser to give it a try if it works i will have it again if not i wont.. I dont think he will laser at the strongest settings so i assume risks will be low..look at subcision.. NOW i know it works i will have it done again!
ive actually heard of people that have gotten decent results from Isolagen and since it has very little sideeffects im willing to give it a go..i'm fed up with my scars and will take pretty much any risk..if the treatments dont work out i will just do recell next yr :)

#43 no_hope

no_hope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:48 PM

i'm going to take this risk! ive only bought one treatment of laser to give it a try if it works i will have it again if not i wont.. I dont think he will laser at the strongest settings so i assume risks will be low..look at subcision.. NOW i know it works i will have it done again!
ive actually heard of people that have gotten decent results from Isolagen and since it has very little sideeffects im willing to give it a go..i'm fed up with my scars and will take pretty much any risk..if the treatments dont work out i will just do recell next yr Posted Image

do you work ? or are your parents rich? lol thats alot of $$$ you spent and plan to spend if things dont work out. I wish i lived in the US, my chances would be alot higher in getting decent results

#44 waitingforacure

waitingforacure

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:03 PM

cherrysoda- i really dont know too much about excision but it seems way more risky than subcision cause rather than cutting under the scar ur cutting out the whole scar out so if u have poor healing or have an extremely large diameter scar i think there is too much unknown in how u will heal back up..maybe if u had recell applied after excision that would make the treatment less risky idk..subcision in my opinion is very safe and effective for all scars..

no hope- i know 5k is ALOT but i think its worth a try!..my dad helped me pay for it so im lucky Posted Image come to the U.S for treatment ur not that far!

Edited by waitingforacure, 24 July 2012 - 07:04 PM.

#45 CherrySoda08

CherrySoda08

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:04 PM

cherrysoda- i really dont know too much about excision but it seems way more risky than subcision cause rather than cutting under the scar ur cutting out the whole scar out so if u have poor healing or have an extremely large diameter scar i think there is too much unknown in how u will heal back up..maybe if u had recell applied after excision that would make the treatment less risky idk..subcision in my opinion is very safe and effective for all scars..

Waitingforacure,

Okay. That's the thing about the types of excision I have had that also sort of trip me up. I never really had scars cut out (at least I don't believe so), I had them cut into, and my cosmetic derm attempted to encourage the scar tissue within the boundaries of the ice pick scars to raise up. If that makes any sense at all, because the procedure is a little hard for me to put into words... Posted Image

Also, I never had any stitching, or little linear scars or anything like that from any of my procedures.

I understand how subcision definitely helps with rolling scars, because the physician is breaking up the bands of fibrous tissues that are tethering the scar down, and giving it a rolling, or wavelike appearance. But I guess what I am failing to see is how subcision would be a good option for ice pick scarring.

Is there a way you could explain this to me, or perhaps link me a site that explain the benefits of subcision for ice pick scarring?

#46 waitingforacure

waitingforacure

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:22 PM

in my opinion i think a rolling scar and ice pick can both be improved with subcision as long as u separate the scar tissue bounding the scar down deep under...as the body heals the blood will clot underneath and should elevate the scar up no matter the shape,size or depth of the scar..
http://www.acnescars...m/subcision.htm

Edited by waitingforacure, 24 July 2012 - 07:23 PM.

#47 no_hope

no_hope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:25 PM

Waitingforacure,

Okay. That's the thing about the types of excision I have had that also sort of trip me up. I never really had scars cut out (at least I don't believe so), I had them cut into, and my cosmetic derm attempted to encourage the scar tissue within the boundaries of the ice pick scars to raise up. If that makes any sense at all, because the procedure is a little hard for me to put into words... Posted Image

Also, I never had any stitching, or little linear scars or anything like that from any of my procedures.

I understand how subcision definitely helps with rolling scars, because the physician is breaking up the bands of fibrous tissues that are tethering the scar down, and giving it a rolling, or wavelike appearance. But I guess what I am failing to see is how subcision would be a good option for ice pick scarring.

Is there a way you could explain this to me, or perhaps link me a site that explain the benefits of subcision for ice pick scarring?

you basically had subcison, all excisions end up with stiching.

#48 CherrySoda08

CherrySoda08

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:26 PM

in my opinion i think a rolling scar and ice pick can both be improved with subcision as long as u separate the scar tissue bounding the scar down deep under...as the body heals the blood will clot underneath and should elevate the scar up no matter the shape,size or depth of the scar..
http://www.acnescars...m/subcision.htm

Gotcha.

Great link, by the way!

#49 *Inspired*

*Inspired*

Formerly "TokyoGirl"

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:25 PM

Waitingforacure,

Cherry,

I thought you had punch excisions & a skin graft. If so, stitching is not involved:
http://www.acnescars...ch-excision.htm

Sometimes the physician will choose to do a punch excision with a skin graft. This procedure is done as above, however a piece of skin, generally taken from behind the ear with a punch tool, is then inserted into the opening. The area then heals without the use of a suture. Once healed the color and texture of the treated area may appear different to the surrounding tissue. Once completely healed skin resurfacing can help to eliminate the variation in color and texture.

#50 CherrySoda08

CherrySoda08

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:52 PM

Waitingforacure,

Cherry,

I thought you had punch excisions & a skin graft. If so, stitching is not involved:
http://www.acnescars...ch-excision.htm

Sometimes the physician will choose to do a punch excision with a skin graft. This procedure is done as above, however a piece of skin, generally taken from behind the ear with a punch tool, is then inserted into the opening. The area then heals without the use of a suture. Once healed the color and texture of the treated area may appear different to the surrounding tissue. Once completely healed skin resurfacing can help to eliminate the variation in color and texture.

According to the website you linked me, TokyoGirl, I did have the punch excisions performed on me. I only had the grafts done on 3 locations on my left cheek.

I have been a little confused on the correct terms to use, because my cosmetic derm has never used the words "excision" or "subcision" in reference to the procedures she performed on me, except for when she operated on the one rolling scar I have. She told me she was performing subcision on that particular scar. She always used the term "punch floats" to describe the other procedures she performed on me.

#51 *Inspired*

*Inspired*

Formerly "TokyoGirl"

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:02 PM

According to the website you linked me, TokyoGirl, I did have the punch excisions performed on me. I only had the grafts done on 3 locations on my left cheek.

I have been a little confused on the correct terms to use, because my cosmetic derm has never used the words "excision" or "subcision" in reference to the procedures she performed on me, except for when she operated on the one rolling scar I have. She told me she was performing subcision on that particular scar. She always used the term "punch floats" to describe the other procedures she performed on me.

I believe "punch float" and "punch excision with a skin graft" are basically the same thing. At times, skin is taken from behind your ear and floated over a scar that's been excised. For boxcar scars, I believe they cut out the base of scar & float that skin up. At least, that's my understanding.

#52 CherrySoda08

CherrySoda08

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:21 PM

I believe "punch float" and "punch excision with a skin graft" are basically the same thing.

It makes sense to me.

#53 pursuit of happyness

pursuit of happyness

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:43 PM

ive actually heard of people that have gotten decent results from Isolagen and since it has very little sideeffects im willing to give it a go..i'm fed up with my scars and will take pretty much any risk..if the treatments dont work out i will just do recell next yr Posted Image

do you work ? or are your parents rich? lol thats alot of $$$ you spent and plan to spend if things dont work out. I wish i lived in the US, my chances would be alot higher in getting decent results

i agree with you,chances in countries like usa or uk are very good, i hope that if i was english or american man:) , may be this give me a chance to fix my scars quickly!

#54 waitingforacure

waitingforacure

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:01 PM

okay guys just got back from my 2nd laviv injection...to this day ive had 1 subcision and 2 lavivs and i can clearly see that the depth of my scars and skin tone have improved about 30 percent..the dr also spoke about how the laviv will keep improving the skin/scars for many months afterwards..my next treatment will be september 5th for another injection of laviv..lastly i will be getting the co2 fraxel towards the end of september and he wants to prepare my skin by applying retin a and bleaching cream everyday for 6 weeks until my laser procedure..what do you guys think about this? what is the best pretreatment for fraxel laser? thnx alot!

Edited by waitingforacure, 10 August 2012 - 05:53 PM.

#55 CherrySoda08

CherrySoda08

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:22 PM

okay guys just got back from my 2nd laviv injection...to this day ive had 1 subcision and 2 lavivs and i can clearly see that the depth of my scars and skin tone have improved about 30 percent..the dr also spoke about how the laviv will keep improving the skin/scars for many months afterwards..my next treatment will be september 5th for another injection of laviv..lastly i will be getting the co2 fraxel towards the end of september and he wants to prepare my skin by applying retin a and bleaching cream everyday for 6 weeks until my laser procedure..what do you guys think about this? what is the best pretreatment for fraxel laser? thnx alot!

Hoping for the best for you. You deserve it, after your tireless research! Aren't you just finally ready for that darn ReCell to be approved in the U.S.?

#56 waitingforacure

waitingforacure

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:36 PM

ya i really cant wait...with recell laser treatments will be a breeze!

#57 CherrySoda08

CherrySoda08

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:47 PM

ya i really cant wait...with recell laser treatments will be a breeze!

I can't wait! I would love to have it done over a couple skin grafts and surgical scars.

#58 Binga

Binga

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:12 PM

I can see the difference between recell and laviv now. Your derm is using laviv to raise the depth of scars for the fraxel to be a one off treatment. Its kind of like a filler but a natural one. Have you seen any before and after pictures for this treatment? Combination of laviv and recell will be the ultimate treatment.

Edited by Binga, 10 August 2012 - 11:14 PM.

#59 waitingforacure

waitingforacure

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 August 2012 - 04:25 AM

only place i can find before/after pictures for laviv is in this presentation by the company
http://www.fibrocell...resentation.pdf

"your derm is using laviv to raise the depth of scars for the fraxel to be a one off treatment."
thats exactly what my derm is doing he is trying to raise my scars with laviv/subcision and top it off with a light fraxel to fix the redness and discoloration of my scars

#60 no_hope

no_hope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:25 PM

glad to see you got some improvement s far. keep us updated, i hope to use laviv soon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users