Photo

Single Or Double Blade Razor To Prevent Ingrown Hair?!

aha alpha hydroxy acid razor

3 replies to this topic

#1 justsomeguy44

justsomeguy44

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:13 PM

Okay So I used a double blade on my chin and mustache area to get a closer shave, and cause they aren't my acne prone areas.

My skin is pretty much cleared up now. there isn't really acne.. just a few random pimples, so I feel like I'm ready to shave now!!

So would a single blade razor on my cheeks be good to prevent in grown hairs? I wouldn't mind not getting a close shave because my hair isn't very course there, just fuzzy haha.

#2 MikeX10A

MikeX10A

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:48 PM

I've found the single blade to be the best. I use a double-edged safety razor. No irritation, no over drying and it saves you a ton of money. The only issues is the risk of niks and cuts. But, once you get the hang of it, you're good to go. I use the badger hair brush and Aveeno Theureptic gel. Check out Art of Manliness' post for info about it.

And for the record, I am against Dan's method of shaving. Using a cleanser that dries out your skin as a shaving solution is a big invite to irritation for those with sensitive skin.

Edited by MikeX10A, 19 July 2012 - 09:51 PM.

Irritated after shaving? Spending a fortune on fancy razor cartridges? Learn How to Shave Like Your Grandpa!

#3 Norris

Norris

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:44 PM

Single Safety Razor for me.

I recommend checking out grooming lounge.
They have a good range of products for reasonable price.... kind of like Daniel Kern for Shaving :)

#4 Rubbish

Rubbish

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:51 AM

I prefer single blade razor. I use a cleanser to shave that has a conditioner in it, 2 in 1 shampoo actually, other than that a shave gel with a lot of lubricants in it works well. Its the only time I wash my face each day. I just rinse off after the shave with warm water. Shaving in the shower when beard has been well soaked is better as well. If I use a cleanser after that (more than once in the day) my face would get very dry and irritated, so I never do it. If I shower again later in day (at gym for instance) I will just rinse face with shower water. I am prone to ingrown hairs with a double/multiple blade razor.

Edited by Rubbish, 15 October 2012 - 06:52 AM.

Three meals only a day, no snacking, no alcohol (since 3 years ago), no red meat, no refined sugars (I count honey and fruit juices are refined), no added oils or fats. 2000 Calories a day. Tend to eat all kinds of fish (oily as well) and birds like chicken or turkey, no lamb or pork or beef. Shave every day with single blade razor in morning shower (skin wet for 5 minutes) using shave gel from an aerosol can, wash face with cleanser once after then rinse. Rest of day, just use water only (when needed, at gym for instance). 99% clear. Skin condition very good, can wear clothes without ruining them, used to ruin them when I used to use BP.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users