Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

11 posts in this topic

Hello All smile.png. So I'm a 17 year old and have had moderate to severe acne. I HAVE TAKEN EVERYTHING YOU HAVE NO IDEA. OXY WHATVER TO RETIN A TO DOXCYCLINE just everything everything. You have no idea i've done everything.Well I finally got prescribed Accutane (Claravis) took it for id say 2-3 weeks (40 MG) and OMG IT WAS NEARLY ALL GONE SERIOUSLY EVERYTHING a girl even said my skin looked "FLAWLESS" but it insanely chapped my lips and made them peel and cracked the corners of my lips.Howver at times I felt my Bowel feeling like pressured and felt bad like a poking pain also At the time I just couldn't deal with the lips because I had prom coming up and Graduation. Too many important things I didn't wanna deal with that at the time. So I stopped taking it and slowly but surely did my Acne come back STRONG. Researching Around I learned about vitamin B5 and decided to give it a try. Ive now been officialy on it for 2 weeks doing the full course 20 500 mg pills per day. Since today it has officially been 2 weeks and the effects of B5 take 2 weeks to fully show I thought i would start a log. My IB ended about a day ago and it SEEMS like the b5 is going to start fully working now because compared to what I was going through, my acne is looking clearer in chunks. I'm NOT taking a multivitamin. I am considering going on Accutane if no more results show by the end of the month. I am willing to risk crohns disease and all because I can' stand this Acne anymore I have teared up before over it and whoever has Acne knows exactly how it feels.Plus I had so much success in a short time with Accutane.

Here's Me On 2 Weeks

Details- Puirtans Pride Time Released 500MG

Does anyone know if changing the brand Of B5 will affect me at all? Thank You

post-176106-0-24706200-1340247636_thumb.

post-176106-0-89430400-1340247357_thumb.post-176106-0-62409700-1340247447_thumb.post-176106-0-97777400-1340247544_thumb.

Also that thing on my neck is not acne thats a bite from a bug lol so ya

I hear all kinds of horror stories about mega dosing on vitamins so please be careful :)

My Personal Log Detailing my adventures from "Natural to Not".

CURRENT REGIMEN:
(AM)
Neutrogena Facial Cleansing Bar for Acne Prone Skin, Clindamycin Phostphate Topical 1%, Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 45, Equate Absolutely Beaming Daily Moisturizer, (I mix this and the sunblock together and the sunblock helps mattify the moisturizer), 1x Vitamin D3, 1x Borage Oil, 2x Burdock Root, 1x Vitamin E, 1x Vitamin A, 2x Calcium, 1x Vitamin B Complex, 1x Vitamin C.
(PM)
Ortho-Tri Cyclen Lo, Cetaphil Anti-Bacterial Gentle Cleansing Bar, Paula's Choice 2% BHA Liquid, Clindamycin Phosphate Topical 1%, Grapeseed Oil.

Week 3 Improving Skin Slowly

• Many Acne Lesions are starting to go away
  • No new acne
  • bit nicer skin not alot but a little
  • also have gained alot more knowledge about how pantothenic acid works
  • It seems that The only barrrier in between clear skin and my face is the existing acne which is slowly but surely starting to go away
  • NO MAJOR omg look improvements. But Way Better than 2 weeks ago
  • Would post pics but I cant for my own self esteem

Of Note: Under B5, I cannot expect it to work faster than Accutane. So I am being patient. And I am doing 20 pills a day=10 grams I THINK thats how many grams it is. Nonetheless 20 Pills

ABOUT to be 4 weeks in 2 or 3 days.

• 1 New Pimple NOT NOTICEABLE AT ALL AND VERY SMALL.
  • Drier Skin
  • NO BREAKOUTS HAPPENING
  • Improving? Yes! IT IS taking time however
  • Still Waiting for The Acne That I Do Have To Go Away
  • Like I've Said I Cannot Expect This To Work Faster Than Accutane So I Am Giving It Time

The Thought Of How My Face Could Be At This Pace When I reach 2 Months Is VERY Exciting Actually rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

WOW . 4 weeks tm night. ahah . WOW My mom who IS THE ABSOLUTE WORST CRITIC WHEN IT COMES TO MY ACNE (MAYBE SECOND OR NOT TO ME ) SHES PRETTY HARSH lol. Said

"Wow You're Face Looks Clean Today"saywhat.giftinydan.gif

rolleyes.gif