phenol

2 replies to this topic

#1 jasmin

jasmin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:53 PM

Hi, all. Please respond if you had fractional ablative resurfacing to treat acne scars If you had minimal results or adverse effects, please mention whether you went to an experienced doctor and severity/type of scars. I am seeing conflicting reviews on these lasers. I am thinking of asking for a test spot on my chin to see how my skin responds. I will not be bargain shopping for this treatment. I will only take a chance with a very experienced doctor but I know my olive, Fitzpatrick type III-IV skin tone may not respond as well. Please mention your skin tone also. I have shallow rolling scars, some of which are only noticeable in certain lighting but they are numerous. In doctors offices, I hate having to look in the mirror because my skin looks so different, bumpy and worse than what I see in light coming in from a window
If you had good improvement please mention the laser used and try to rate the severity of your scars, type and skin tone. Also please mention the settings used if you are aware of these.
I had a modified deep phenol peel by Dr Rullan in Chula vista, which I have posted about in the past. It was a horrible ordeal to go through requiring wearing a green hard mask and going on a liquid diet for two weeks to get no improvement even in shallow scarring. I was also left with hypopigmetation and further scarrring. I always try to warn others about this horrible procedure. At least with lasers the recovery is not as torturous requiring a monstrous hard mask and liquid diet. I was desperate and believed what I believe were plants from this heartless Dr. who was so dismissive and rude to me after the procedure and taking my five grand.

Edited by jasmin, 20 June 2012 - 12:58 PM.

#2 SoontobeMD

SoontobeMD

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:56 PM

If you have Fitzpatrick type III-IV skin and shallow rolling scars you will be taking an unnecessary risk by performing a laser treatment. While you may see results, you will be at higher risk of pigmentation issues, pay a higher price, and may not see as good of results than if you were to go with a surgical subcision from an experienced surgeon.

#3 DudleyDoRight

DudleyDoRight

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:14 PM

You should really spend more time reading and rereading the many threads on this subject. My treatments are already stated in my signature. You should also read my link from NIH. Also see this link for more info.
http://www.acne.org/...er-link-o-rama/
Dermabrasion - Full Face

CO2 Full Face 1996

Fraxel Re:pair 70 mj - 60% May 22, 2008

Fraxel Re:pair 70 mj - 60% Jan 08, 2009

Fraxel Re:pair 70 mj - 60% Oct 30,2009

Fraxel Re:pair 70 mj - 60% Oct 08,2010

Fraxel Re:pair 70 mj - 60% Nov 04,2011

"The Road To Wellville" 1994
Goodloe Bender: Health! The 'open sesame' to the sucker's purse!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users