extra virgin olive oil evoo

4 replies to this topic

#1 gingergirl22

gingergirl22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:09 PM

Reports are showing that many olive oils on the market are substandard, so make use you purchase from a reputable producer.

http://www.charlespo...tra_Virgin.aspx

#2 FruitBiscuits

FruitBiscuits

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:24 AM

Yeah, I've heard that, too. Thank you for posting =)

#3 Bosie

Bosie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:37 AM

Could you recommend a reputable seller in the UK?

I'd like to use more olive oil in my efforts to gain weight.

#4 gingergirl22

gingergirl22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:55 AM

A few weeks ago I tasted my so called imported extra virgin olive oil from Italy, which I had recently purchased and I keep in the refrigerator, and it tasted terrible. It didn't taste any different than it has over the years, but I wondered what all the rave reviews of olive oil were when it tasted so blah. So I read more about olive oil qualities and sure enough my olive oil was only bottled in Italy from olives that came from 3 different countries. I went out to Whole Foods and picked up an olive oil from California Olive Ranch that had a bottling date and expiration date and it tasted fruity and delicious. Since I use olive oil as a moisturizer for my face, I am SO glad I learned this. The higher quality olive oil was only 2.00 more than the junk I was buying, and I feel good purchasing a product produced in my own country.

Could you recommend a reputable seller in the UK?

I'd like to use more olive oil in my efforts to gain weight.

Since I am in the US I can't recommend a seller, but here is an article that offers guidelines for purchasing good quality olive oil in the UK:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2012/jan/04/olive-oil-real-thing

#5 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 August 2013 - 03:36 PM

Article on olive oil and quality.  http://articles.merc...mpaign=20130805

The addition of a drop of astaxanthin to counter oxidation is interesting.

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users