Photo

Differin 0.1% And Eryacne - 1 Month - My Acne Is At Its Worst Ever!

differin eryacne red mark retinoids

4 replies to this topic

#1 johnbonfire2

johnbonfire2

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:39 AM

So I have been taking Differin and Eryacne. It has been about one month and I have definitely had an initial breakout. I used to have a really good side but now it has become the worse side. My other side has kinda stayed the same, a lot of red marks and spots and several tiny bumps.

As well as my previously good side, my forehead was also previously pretty clear and now it is just as bad as everywhere else, in fact it is the place with the most actives at the moment.

My chin also has 3 new whiteheads so I guess everything is the worse it's ever been....

I just wanted to know if anybody has had a similar experience and when did your skin actually begin to improve and when was it better than it was at the start???

Edited by johnbonfire2, 18 June 2012 - 06:10 AM.

#2 hannabanana

hannabanana

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Biking
    Softball
    Camping

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:06 PM

Hey the first time I used differin with an anti-biotic (didn't have any acne) but i just wanted to get rid of the hyperpigmentation after the anti-biotic cleared up my acne..my skin was even and smooth (like baby skin) after 10 weeks BUT...for acne to clear I used it again and i'm on my 13th week so it took about 13 weeks for my acne to start going away..even at 12 weeks there was no improvement then all of a sudden it worked..youll notice it working when your pimple dries up after 2-3 days and literally turns into a scab and falls off :)

#3 johnbonfire2

johnbonfire2

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:15 PM

Hey the first time I used differin with an anti-biotic (didn't have any acne) but i just wanted to get rid of the hyperpigmentation after the anti-biotic cleared up my acne..my skin was even and smooth (like baby skin) after 10 weeks BUT...for acne to clear I used it again and i'm on my 13th week so it took about 13 weeks for my acne to start going away..even at 12 weeks there was no improvement then all of a sudden it worked..youll notice it working when your pimple dries up after 2-3 days and literally turns into a scab and falls off Posted Image

Thanks that's reassuring, I think one of mine did turn into a small scab (really small, like a dot) and I was worrying because I have never picked my skin.

Edited by johnbonfire2, 25 June 2012 - 08:16 PM.

#4 fadedjay

fadedjay

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:59 AM

Hi John,

Retiniods take a while to start working around 3- 4months to see visible improvements for most people some do see it earlier. You tend to break out and then clear, like a cycle each time the breakouts get smaller.

Hang in there things will get better :) Its a bit rough at the start but your skin will adjust to it.

Best advice to reduce the IB is to read the following thread:

http://www.acne.org/...miting-purging/

tazorac is much stronger retinoid than differin but the same principles apply.

Hope it helps

jay

#5 hannabanana

hannabanana

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Biking
    Softball
    Camping

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:23 AM

Hey the first time I used differin with an anti-biotic (didn't have any acne) but i just wanted to get rid of the hyperpigmentation after the anti-biotic cleared up my acne..my skin was even and smooth (like baby skin) after 10 weeks BUT...for acne to clear I used it again and i'm on my 13th week so it took about 13 weeks for my acne to start going away..even at 12 weeks there was no improvement then all of a sudden it worked..youll notice it working when your pimple dries up after 2-3 days and literally turns into a scab and falls off Posted Image

Thanks that's reassuring, I think one of mine did turn into a small scab (really small, like a dot) and I was worrying because I have never picked my skin.

You are welcome..I know how it feels..its doing alot of work (but you cant see it yet) and its no walk in the park but youll get the clear skin aslong as you stick to it ..remember you go through what you go through :) and as for the small dot ye youll get those the medication attacks inflammation and dries up the sebum that would have turned into a pimple if differin had not attacked it...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users