Photo

Severe Acne And Now Pigmentation. Please Help!?

hydroquinone tretinoin hydroquinone fluocinolone acetonide tretinoin mometasone furoate severe acne

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 dinu630

dinu630

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:56 PM

I had severe acne and it cleared but left severe dark spots below my cheeks and on the left side of the ear. My doctor prescribed me Hydroquinone, Tretinoin and Fluocinolone Acetonide cream to be mixed in a 2:1 ratio with Mometasone Furoate cream. Will this help or cause more acne? I'm very scared. Please help

#2 LZOMG

LZOMG

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:15 PM

trust your doctor.
I did and it paid off big.

Tretinoin takes about 12 weeks to see major improvement in your acne.
Vote For Obama 2012 to make Health Care available to all even those with pre-existing conditions like acne. Help future teens who have no access to health care battle there acne by electing the man who will support the Affordable Health Care Act better known as Obamacare.
And dont let Romney Win, he will do everything to repeal ObamaCare. More info on link below
http://www.acne.org/...vote-for-obama/

#3 dinu630

dinu630

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:16 AM

But my face is so red. Please help. I don't wanna suffer again :(

#4 nfamousjade

nfamousjade

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:21 AM

Try aloe Vera gel from the plant! It work wonders plus its great for acne marks and great for skin. Has a lot of benefits. Try it. :)

#5 dinu630

dinu630

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:08 AM

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by dinu630, 15 June 2012 - 12:01 PM.

#6 SoontobeMD

SoontobeMD

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:52 AM

Relax.

If your acne is not a problem anymore you can get away with just using the hydroquinone as a spot treatment. Apply it to the the dark spots using a pointed q-tip or other type of applicator.

The tretinoin will accelerate the process, but if the possible initial breakout from it is not something you want to risk, just skip it.

#7 dinu630

dinu630

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:32 AM

But my face has turned very red. I applied Calamine to sooth it down but alas it is still very red. What could be the reason?

#8 LZOMG

LZOMG

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:09 AM

Here if you dont trust your Dr with us with hydroquinone, let this guy explain how hydroquinone works
FYI Glycolic Acid is similar to tretinoin as it makes the skin resurface faster.

Vote For Obama 2012 to make Health Care available to all even those with pre-existing conditions like acne. Help future teens who have no access to health care battle there acne by electing the man who will support the Affordable Health Care Act better known as Obamacare.
And dont let Romney Win, he will do everything to repeal ObamaCare. More info on link below

#9 Nope.avi

Nope.avi

You wanna know how I got these scars?

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:25 AM

Edited by Nope.avi, 08 August 2012 - 08:11 PM.

#10 dinu630

dinu630

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:59 AM

But my face has turned very red. I applied Calamine to sooth it down but alas it is still very red. What could be the reason?

Irritation is not uncommon with the products you've been prescribed, your skin will get used to them.

So till when will my face be very red? How long will my skin take to clear the dark spots? (Luckily I cleared the acne and I was having very bad marks :( Thanks and do help :)

#11 LZOMG

LZOMG

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:15 PM

With Hydroquinone it will take atleast a month to see any major results.
Same time as it takes the bottom of your skin to reach the top, and is it travels to the top hydroquinone blocks the excess pigment.

#12 SoontobeMD

SoontobeMD

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:50 PM

The tretinoin will make your face red through irritation. It will also likely to cause you to break out soon. If your acne is not a problem right now, and the redness is bothering you, stop using it.

Hydroquinone can also cause your face to get irritated, I hope you are not using it all over your face because it will cause all of the skin you apply it to to lighten. Use it as a spot treatment ONLY on the areas you want to lighten.

#13 LZOMG

LZOMG

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:36 PM

The tretinoin will make your face red through irritation. It will also likely to cause you to break out soon. If your acne is not a problem right now, and the redness is bothering you, stop using it.

Hydroquinone can also cause your face to get irritated, I hope you are not using it all over your face because it will cause all of the skin you apply it to to lighten. Use it as a spot treatment ONLY on the areas you want to lighten.

hurry up and be a MD so you can give us all free co2 resufracing

#14 dinu630

dinu630

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:35 PM

Thank you so much with the help and my face is red still. It decreased a bit. It has reduced though and yeah I will use it as a SPOT treatment only :) :) I can see my skin peeling very slightly. Nothing to worry right? Will it help my skin?

#15 SoontobeMD

SoontobeMD

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:42 PM

Thank you so much with the help and my face is red still. It decreased a bit. It has reduced though and yeah I will use it as a SPOT treatment only Posted Image Posted Image I can see my skin peeling very slightly. Nothing to worry right? Will it help my skin?

The peeling is due to the tretinoin. It should go away soon after you discontinue using it. The redness should fade on its own in a couple of days.

Tretinoin does improve your skin after using it for a LONG period of time, but the peeling and redness will get worse before it gets better if you continue using it, and that doesn't sound like what you're looking for right now.

#16 dinu630

dinu630

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:47 PM

Thank you so much with the help and my face is red still. It decreased a bit. It has reduced though and yeah I will use it as a SPOT treatment only Posted Image Posted Image I can see my skin peeling very slightly. Nothing to worry right? Will it help my skin?

The peeling is due to the tretinoin. It should go away soon after you discontinue using it. The redness should fade on its own in a couple of days.

Tretinoin does improve your skin after using it for a LONG period of time, but the peeling and redness will get worse before it gets better if you continue using it, and that doesn't sound like what you're looking for right now.

So should I continue using it? Because the peeling is very less :)

#17 SoontobeMD

SoontobeMD

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:58 PM

If your acne was clear before you started using tretinoin, and you do not have any acne scars then it won't benefit you much, and it is obviously causing you distress. While in theory it would help you clear the hyperpigmentation, it could actually make things worse before they get better since the irritation could cause the dark spots to get worse. I can't tell you whether or not to use it, only what to expect, and you can make the decision from there.

The hydroquinone should be sufficient, but it will take time (months) to get the full results. Pay close attention to how your body reacts to the hydroquinone. I'm assuming that since this was doctor prescribed that it is stronger than 2%, probably 4% or even 8%. Stronger concentrations of hydroquinone can cause irritation with some people, myself included, so I am limited to using 2%. If you experience intense irritation, discontinue use and talk to your doctor. He/she will prescribe you something else, probably azeleic acid. Good luck.

#18 dinu630

dinu630

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:42 PM

No no I have scars on my jaw bone and other places. I don't have acne though (touchwood!) Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image I applied the creams last night too and my skin din't get any more red but yeah as I said it's peeling slightly. Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image