2 replies to this topic

#1 PittyWoman

PittyWoman

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:14 PM

Hello all,

I was wondering if you could help "clear something up" for me. (Ha.)

I have a little pinkish red spot on the lower right tip of my nose that burns like a scraped knee. It also looks slightly swollen around that area. Sometimes it doesn't hurt at all but remains red. Sometimes it looks oily but just in that spot. It seems to be worse in the summer and especially at night when I feel it throb. I can see there are very tiny bumps and blood vessels in that little area. It hasn't spread or anything. It started 4 years ago, right after I accidentally peeled off a circle sized swatch of skin in that area. Before that I didn't have a single problem. It's also confined almost exactly to the area where the injury was. I just wanted to add I have an indented scar in that area which the rash makes look worse.

Is it Rosacea? That would explain why it's worse in the summer, and the bumps and blood vessels. But why would it be just in that one spot and not have spread?

Seb Derm? It's not flaky. Wouldn't it have spread over my face?

Staph infection? I'm leaning toward that since it appeared right after a skin injury. But can that stick around for 4 years and go away sometimes?

An allergy? But why just the lower right hand nose tip?

Permanently damaged, pigmented skin from my injury that's now prone to heat rash?

2 Derms have looked at it. One said "I don't know" and gave me Epi Ceram which didn't do much, the other Derm said "I don't know but maybe Rosacea." She put me on Oracea and I got a really bad reaction, dizziness and tiredness so I stopped. I'm going to go another Derm soon but I thought you all might have some thoughts.

I'd love to solve this mystery as the swelling makes some indented scars in the area look worse, also it hurts! It's throbbing as I write this.

Edited by PittyWoman, 27 June 2012 - 10:19 AM.

#2 PittyWoman

PittyWoman

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:37 AM

The second derm called back and thinks it might be Perioral Dermatitis and prescribed me "Finacea". Anyone had any experience with that?

Edited by PittyWoman, 20 June 2012 - 12:53 PM.

#3 PittyWoman

PittyWoman

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:17 AM

Just wanted to update, now we're thinking it's a fungal infection perhaps from my untreated athlete's foot that I've had for decades. It did occur right after I damaged skin in my area and I might have unthinkingly touched my foot and then my nose. (ew) I'm going to rub antifungal cream into my nose and my feet and see if that works. I'm also going on an anti-fungal diet while I treat it.

Edited by PittyWoman, 27 June 2012 - 10:18 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users