Quick Question-Accutane

2 replies to this topic

#1 Dave311

Dave311

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:33 PM

I have been on Accutane for about 50 days now seeing some improvement as my acne is all under the skin,I have been experiencing the common side effects such as dry lips,back pain,dry nose and rashes on arms and legs,but i have not experienced a dry face or flaking as i did in the first two weeks,i was on 40mg(2 pills morning & 2 pills night) for first month i weigh 75kgs,now im on to 60mg(3 pills morning and night) too many pills lol, as my pharmacy only had 10mg pills and 40mgs and my doctor wanted 30mgs morning and night so my question is that will Accutane still work if i dont experience the dry face and flaking? I have probably only used the cetaphil moisturizer a couple of times since my face is never dry.

Thanks.

#2 Chestercool

Chestercool

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:12 PM

yep..it will, its good that you dont have dry skin and flakiness. To be sure, take accutane with some healthy fat, such as olive oil, so it will be fully absorbed
My log might be helpful for you,check it out!! Posted Imagehttp://www.acne.org/...stic-pics-incl/

-I controlled my acne after cutting off whey protein, after 4 months it came back.
-Then i tried an strict paleo diet, it worked. But the ocassional few pimples didnt let my PIH fade
-I wasnt happy with my routine, coudnt drink with my friends, eat different food and the worst: i was loosing confidence
-When my PIH was fading, i broke out, because i tried vitamin C to end with the ocassional pimples, which might cause stomach irritation=break out
- I wasnt happy because of my diet, just broke out, and i started accutane asap.

- Currently, im taking accutane even thought my acne is mild, but with persistant PIH, just few weeks left, no more pimples anymore.

"If i had a wish, i woudnt ask for flawless skin, I'd ask for the maxium of confidence"
Poeple think they are going to be happy and confident if they get rid of their acne...well..they are totally wrong

#3 Dave311

Dave311

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:31 AM

Thanks anyone else experience no flaking?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users