Photo

Spiro, Epiduo And Minocyclin

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
43 replies to this topic

#41 michi31

michi31

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:44 AM

Any updates?

Hey guys, so it's been a while since i last logged on. mostly because I've been clear free and don't feel the need to post as much.  My Journey with Spiro continues. As I mentioned it's been about 6 months since I started Spiro. It's keep me acne free for about 2 months now, until this past week. I have 2 cyst like zits on my right side (cheek and jaw line) and the week before that I got one on my chin and another on my cheek (left side) prior to this I had no zits whatsoever. Well I did ''breakout'' in 1 or 2 small tiny zits, but they did dry out the next day. It hasn't been such a rough journey for me as it has been for many other women who experienced horrendous breakouts through out their first 6 months/ 1 year, which is when most see a difference. I would def say that I saw the difference the 4th month , maybe a slight difference in the 3rd month. By the 4th month I def noticed i was not breaking out anymore. i can tell you it has def changed the way I look at myself. I no longer stress about my acne on a daily basis. Now that I'm on my 6 month mark i have noticed that my skin gets oiler a little more then I've been used to. I'm not sure if this can be attributed to the anti depressant/anxiety meds I'm on or what. I'm also thinking that the breakout is because of my period, although I haven't gotten it yet. IDK it's weird though because i seemed to have broken out for ''no reason''. I have been amping up my dose to 150 the days prior to my period , since those are the days when they say your hormones go all out. Another thing I've noticed with the Spiro is that it's balanced my period out for the past 3/4 months. I'm a lil overdue now, but all in all it's been on track. It's done nothing for the little tiny hairs on my chin, but at least I'm not growing an new ones. Oh and one more thing I wanna point out....I lose A LOT of hair. More then normal. I was stressing about that and need to see my derm , but to be quite honest I'd rather lose hair then have a face full of acne. IDK but that's JMHO. Well that's about it for now.

#42 jaydeec

jaydeec

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:14 AM

Any updates?

Hey guys, so it's been a while since i last logged on. mostly because I've been clear free and don't feel the need to post as much.  My Journey with Spiro continues. As I mentioned it's been about 6 months since I started Spiro. It's keep me acne free for about 2 months now, until this past week. I have 2 cyst like zits on my right side (cheek and jaw line) and the week before that I got one on my chin and another on my cheek (left side) prior to this I had no zits whatsoever. Well I did ''breakout'' in 1 or 2 small tiny zits, but they did dry out the next day. It hasn't been such a rough journey for me as it has been for many other women who experienced horrendous breakouts through out their first 6 months/ 1 year, which is when most see a difference. I would def say that I saw the difference the 4th month , maybe a slight difference in the 3rd month. By the 4th month I def noticed i was not breaking out anymore. i can tell you it has def changed the way I look at myself. I no longer stress about my acne on a daily basis. Now that I'm on my 6 month mark i have noticed that my skin gets oiler a little more then I've been used to. I'm not sure if this can be attributed to the anti depressant/anxiety meds I'm on or what. I'm also thinking that the breakout is because of my period, although I haven't gotten it yet. IDK it's weird though because i seemed to have broken out for ''no reason''. I have been amping up my dose to 150 the days prior to my period , since those are the days when they say your hormones go all out. Another thing I've noticed with the Spiro is that it's balanced my period out for the past 3/4 months. I'm a lil overdue now, but all in all it's been on track. It's done nothing for the little tiny hairs on my chin, but at least I'm not growing an new ones. Oh and one more thing I wanna point out....I lose A LOT of hair. More then normal. I was stressing about that and need to see my derm , but to be quite honest I'd rather lose hair then have a face full of acne. IDK but that's JMHO. Well that's about it for now.

Hi...sorry It took me a while to respond. All has been good so far. I broke out with a couple of zits , but thats only because of my cycle. Other then that i've been acne free for months now. It'll be almost a yr since i started the Spiro. I would say it's been about a good 4 months since I've had any breakouts. Maybe a zit here and there ..usually before my period but NOTHING like before smile.png For any women out there looking to try something to hormonal acne, I would say try Spiro. It's done wonders for me. It will take a good 3 months to see a difference. Maybe a lil longer. I am now dealing with pigmentation and some scarring. Indentations    on my right cheek and very minor scarring on my left side. No biggie. I'm probably gonna start doing peels to take care of that. This is my daily routine.

Morning : Wash face with Vichy foaming cleanser.

Effaclar K ( contains SA) 

NYX matte powder and some concealer under eyes and acne marks. Thats it.

Night routine: Wash my face with Vichy foaming cleanser (for acneic skin)

Epiduo (spot treatment..only on problem areas, or on stubborn little zits)

Effaclar Serum (contains Alpha hydroxy and glycolic acid) helps with exfoliation /turnover of old skin cells

Vichy ProEven (contains LHA +Vitamin C ) i think about 5% Vitamin C. This is a dark spot corrector, revels radiant glow helps even skin tone, and finally last but not least helps reduce dark spots. It says you may use 2x's a day but i use only at night. It does exfoliate , so it may flake off during the day. Oh I do want to add that you have to wait a least a couple of minutes or so in between apps. This helps the products absorb into the skin. I would say it's best to wait 5 minutes in between. That is it. All the products I mentioned are a little costly. The serum and lotion (ProEven) run about 40-50 bucks and the wash about 22 dollars. The Epiduo was prescribed but it was expensiv,e my insurance sucks and covers practically nothing.  Oh and i also do masks every other day, different ones. These are my go two masks. Clearasil (misspell) acne wash/mask. This mask contains SA in 2.5 % smells fresh and a little goes a long way. NOW red Moraccan clay mask. I got this one about a wk and a half ago at a vitamin store. Costs about 6 dollars. This comes in a little tub , in a powder form that you mix with water. Because of concentrated mud properties, it will leave your skin a little red after you wash out. But this mask I can tell draws out all the gunk out of your skin. Que Bella Detoxifying Dead Sea mask. Comes in a blue little packet. You can buy this one at Target, costs about 2 dollars. You can get about 3 or 4 uses out of the packet if you seal it and place in a zippy bag. This mask is mostly organic, and smells good. Like lemons smile.png  Salma Hayek Ageless Clarity White Clay treatment mask. Her products again are organic. This mask contains Tepezcphuite and lemon extract to lift away dead skin cells and improve tone. It also contains Calendula to help soothe skin. This masks feels more like a thick cream. Smell is also pleasant. Not too harsh. Again I rotate with my masks, depending on my mood and what my face is going through. 

Edited by jaydeec, 12 May 2013 - 01:26 AM.

#43 lifeinfaith

lifeinfaith

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:12 AM

Is the Vichy pro even helping fade your red marks noticeably?

Any updates?

Hi...sorry It took me a while to respond. All has been good so far. I broke out with a couple of zits , but thats only because of my cycle. Other then that i've been acne free for months now. It'll be almost a yr since i started the Spiro. I would say it's been about a good 4 months since I've had any breakouts. Maybe a zit here and there ..usually before my period but NOTHING like before smile.png For any women out there looking to try something to hormonal acne, I would say try Spiro. It's done wonders for me. It will take a good 3 months to see a difference. Maybe a lil longer. I am now dealing with pigmentation and some scarring. Indentations    on my right cheek and very minor scarring on my left side. No biggie. I'm probably gonna start doing peels to take care of that. This is my daily routine.

Effaclar Serum (contains Alpha hydroxy and glycolic acid) helps with exfoliation /turnover of old skin cells
                       Vichy ProEven (contains LHA +Vitamin C ) i think about 5% Vitamin C. This is a dark spot corrector, revels radiant glow helps even skin tone, and finally last but not least helps reduce dark spots. It says you may use 2x's a day but i use only at night. It does exfoliate , so it may flake off during the day. Oh I do want to add that you have to wait a least a couple of minutes or so in between apps. This helps the products absorb into the skin. I would say it's best to wait 5 minutes in between. That is it. All the products I mentioned are a little costly. The serum and lotion (ProEven) run about 40-50 bucks and the wash about 22 dollars. The Epiduo was prescribed but it was expensiv,e my insurance sucks and covers practically nothing.  Oh and i also do masks every other day, different ones. These are my go two masks. Clearasil (misspell) acne wash/mask. This mask contains SA in 2.5 % smells fresh and a little goes a long way. NOW red Moraccan clay mask. I got this one about a wk and a half ago at a vitamin store. Costs about 6 dollars. This comes in a little tub , in a powder form that you mix with water. Because of concentrated mud properties, it will leave your skin a little red after you wash out. But this mask I can tell draws out all the gunk out of your skin. Que Bella Detoxifying Dead Sea mask. Comes in a blue little packet. You can buy this one at Target, costs about 2 dollars. You can get about 3 or 4 uses out of the packet if you seal it and place in a zippy bag. This mask is mostly organic, and smells good. Like lemons smile.png  Salma Hayek Ageless Clarity White Clay treatment mask. Her products again are organic. This mask contains Tepezcphuite and lemon extract to lift away dead skin cells and improve tone. It also contains Calendula to help soothe skin. This masks feels more like a thick cream. Smell is also pleasant. Not too harsh. Again I rotate with my masks, depending on my mood and what my face is going through. 

#44 jaydeec

jaydeec

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:04 PM

Is the Vichy pro even helping fade your red marks noticeably?

Any updates?

Hey....It's a gradual process but I have seen some improvement. My skin feels smoother and some marks that were really red , are now minimal. Still there but not as big and red as before.

Edited by jaydeec, 12 May 2013 - 07:04 PM.