Photo

Caveman Regimen And Swimming

swimming caveman

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 Tyler R

Tyler R

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:29 PM

I have been on the caveman regimen for over a month now and it has been working pretty good overall. The question I have now, as it is summer, is how should I go about swimming? I have a big pool and all my friends like to come over and swim, sometimes multiple times a day, and I don't know how to go about going from getting my face wet sometimes once a day to now maybe 3+ times a day. If anyone has any experience with this subject info would be greatly appreciated.

#2 bhang001

bhang001

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:09 PM

I am also trying the caveman, I can't help you but can you let me know if you wash your face once in 3-5 days or so or have you not been washing your face at all? Also when did you start seeing results from the regimen? Do you go to the gym or sweat a lot as well? Thanks

#3 Tyler R

Tyler R

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:34 PM

I end up washing my face with cold water like once a day because i find it almost impossible to shampoo my hair and not get my face wet. I have been on this regimen for over a month and so far it is working better than anything else i have tried. I play basketball a lot and sweat like crazy and I found that it does make my skin look better afterwards but I always have a tendency to get a shower and let water hit my face and when i get out my face looks horrible. I still have a lot of clogged pores and blackheads that i pick and pop and still have terribly oily skin. I dont think i will ever be able to get rid of my acne/acne prone skin if it is oily...

#4 bhang001

bhang001

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:21 PM

I see, then I guess I am doing a very extreme version because I don't even wash with cold water, it's been 8 days since I last washed, plus I go to the gym almost every day, a lot of sweating but still I just let it dry off and don't wash at all. My only problem seems to be shaving because it causes more whiteheads to form but other than that, I don't touch my skin at all or wet it at all. I don't think clogged pores has anything to do with acne because this is what I had believed for my entire life(last 6 years to be precise) but right now I have a lot of clogged pores a lot of dead skin, a lot of sweat and oil yet the amount of new acne that form on my face is pretty much the same. It has not increased tremendously as expected. I am beginning to think it might be diet related as well so I going on a low carb diet, just an experiment. When I don't shave for 4 days, my skin improves a lot but when I shave, my chin and jaw area gets affected negatively. The only thing thats changed considerably is the marks, reduced a lot!

#5 Tyler R

Tyler R

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 June 2012 - 03:23 PM

Shaving is also a major factor in the acne/clogged pores on my chin. Everytime I shave i get new pimples and they heal up right in time for the next shave, resulting in a neverending process. Im going to start shaving every other day to help my face get used to it more i heard that decreases irritation. My diet is pretty bad I rarely eat any vegetables at all and im starting to believe that my oil skin is caused by all the bad food i ingest but eating healthy is soooo hard and is definitely more expensive than microwavable dinners and such. Let me know how the diet is working out for you and any tips on dieting would be helpful, thanks!

#6 bhang001

bhang001

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:58 PM

I wonder how long it takes before the skin gets used to shaving? I can't say changing the diet cures the acne, since I have been eating healthier for atleast 3 months now, but it definitely made my skin better and eating more vegetables was enough to reduce the acne a lot. I guess the best thing you can do is reduce oily food and sugars from your diet and replace it with fruits and vegetables. That made a huge difference for my skin. Now however I am going to change my diet again and see if eating no carbs makes a difference. I have been reading on it and it's said that you can eat fat and oil if you don't eat carbs and it may be healthy for you. I have just started so I can't say anything about it now but I will let you know in about a week how it's going.

#7 Mindwitch

Mindwitch

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:19 PM

this caveman regimine is fascinating. it almost seems a tad.....insane. so you all simply no longer attempt to wash your face and your acne improves? that just seems to risky to me.

#8 bhang001

bhang001

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:48 PM

this caveman regimine is fascinating. it almost seems a tad.....insane. so you all simply no longer attempt to wash your face and your acne improves? that just seems to risky to me.

Even I felt that it was risky but if you think about it, atleast this was the case with me, I had been putting creams, lotions, taking medicines etc. for a long time with no result whatsoever. My skin had been terrible before this and I was extremely frustrated so for me, I was willing to anything because nothing else seemed to work and I didn't care anymore. Honestly, it's not that I have become clear or anything, I still get 2-3 pimples if I don't eat right or stress out a lot, but I have noticed that I can eat some unhealthy foods without much of an effect, I can have dead skin on my face and sweat profusely for days without any new acne or pimples so maybe it's just me but I really feel this caveman regimen is working for me as long as I leave my skin alone, it's not an overnight fix or anything but definitely it is helping and I can wait a few months as long as it heals completely, or as close as possible.
Take my honest advice, and give it a shot, if it works then great, if not then it's not for you, but if you are doing it do it properly and don't start putting other things like oils or something to help heal faster or anything, let it be, it worked for me.

#9 Mindwitch

Mindwitch

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:12 PM

thanks.

#10 bhang001

bhang001

• Members
  • Posts & Likes