Photo

Gut Flora And Leaky Gut. After 5 Years I Finally Found The Root Cause And I'm Clear Using The Gut Diet:)

calcium gluten paleo candida probiotic

618 replies to this topic

#41 White Fox

White Fox

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:50 AM

The fact is that you will find experienced people who will back anything: Low-fat, high-fat, plenty of animal products, vegetarian diet and so on

But there's a reason why most of the experts on gut health recommend a diet similar to the paleo diet:
- Meat and fish need very little digestion from gut flora and are usually well tolerated by most people
- Grains, legumes and seeds contain several anti-nutrients and certain proteins that can increase intestinal permeability. They also induce a strong insulin response
- People with digestive problems usually have damaged enterocytes, and fat digestion needs little work from enterocytes.

The guy you mentioned(Caldwell B. Esselstyn) seems to be an expert on heart disease, and I've never come across any expert on gut healing that recommends the same diet as he does. Other than that I have to say that I think his recommandations are flat out insane, and from reading his website I find several claims that are simply incorrect. I can address those further if you want in another post.

Edited by White Fox, 03 July 2012 - 10:58 AM.

#42 Binga

Binga

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:36 PM

Other than gut flora high stomach acid (HCL) is required for good digestion and to kill all the bad bacteria/viruses. Alcohol, excessive ca/mg, stress etc. decreases stomach acid. Celery, carrot, beet lime water are some foods that increases stomach acid.

#43 bobbi364

bobbi364

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:06 PM

Other than gut flora high stomach acid (HCL) is required for good digestion and to kill all the bad bacteria/viruses. Alcohol, excessive ca/mg, stress etc. decreases stomach acid. Celery, carrot, beet lime water are some foods that increases stomach acid.

sounds like you are misinformed, beer is highly acidic, those veggies are highly alkalizing, you mean you need to alkalize not acidify

Edited by bobbi364, 03 July 2012 - 10:06 PM.

#44 Binga

Binga

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:05 PM

sounds like you are misinformed, beer is highly acidic, those veggies are highly alkalizing, you mean you need to alkalize not acidify

I said the vegetable beet not beer..haha. Pine apple increases stomach acid as well.

#45 bobbi364

bobbi364

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:23 PM

I said the vegetable beet not beer..haha. Pine apple increases stomach acid as well.

when you say increase you should really be saying alkaline

http://www.rense.com/1.mpicons/acidalka.htm

#46 SamIman

SamIman

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:59 AM

I ordered some water kefir weeks ago, will be trying it soon hopefully.

#47 Bartek15555

Bartek15555

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Music, Nutrition, Health.

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:02 PM

When I eat food without any gases, bloating, indigestion, stomachache etc., can I tolerant this food and digest it well or it doesn't say anything to me ? Posted Image I have chronic gastritis and acne so do you think my acne is caused by my guts flora? I don't have any symptoms after eating dairy, meat, gluten etc. but I still have acne and I know it depends on food. When I eat only fish and vegetables I'm clean. I haven't eaten gluten or dairy for almost 2 months but I'm still spotty ;/ Should I do IgG food test? Posted Image

Edited by Bartek15555, 04 July 2012 - 12:07 PM.

#48 Paleoistheanswer

Paleoistheanswer

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:30 PM

Been on paleo for almost 3 months, introducing kefir and probiotics into my diet as well as an extensive amount of garlic and onions. sometimes a spoonful of coco oil. wish me luck! very close already.

#49 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

~clean body, beautiful life~

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:00 PM

Meat and fish need very little digestion from gut flora and are usually well tolerated by most people

From my experience this is true. I feel really light after eating meat, it seems to digest very quickly.

#50 DaftFrost

DaftFrost

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:17 PM

Meat and fish need very little digestion from gut flora and are usually well tolerated by most people

From my experience this is true. I feel really light after eating meat, it seems to digest very quickly.

Yes it needs very little digestion from the gut flora but tons of energy to break down the amino acids inside your stomach, which is where proteins are broken down. Our PH of our stomach acid is very similar to herbivores, while omnivores and carnivores have lot and lot more acidifying stomach acid.

#51 White Fox

White Fox

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:02 AM

When I eat food without any gases, bloating, indigestion, stomachache etc., can I tolerant this food and digest it well or it doesn't say anything to me ? Posted Image I have chronic gastritis and acne so do you think my acne is caused by my guts flora? I don't have any symptoms after eating dairy, meat, gluten etc. but I still have acne and I know it depends on food. When I eat only fish and vegetables I'm clean. I haven't eaten gluten or dairy for almost 2 months but I'm still spotty ;/ Should I do IgG food test? Posted Image

Yes, that is the best sign that you tolerate the foods. No indigestion, gas and so on, and pleasant BM's. I don't know about gastritis, but if it's one thing I've learned it is that everything is connected.

Certain components in dairy and gluten will increase leaky gut and therefore contribute to inflammation.
You could do a IgG food test, but I would recommend sticking with the diet you hvae done since it seems you are getting clear on a healthy diet. Start using prebiotic supplements and several sources of probiotics. After some time you can slowly start to introduce dairy, grains etc. to see how you react:)

Been on paleo for almost 3 months, introducing kefir and probiotics into my diet as well as an extensive amount of garlic and onions. sometimes a spoonful of coco oil. wish me luck! very close already.

Great work! Kefir and probiotics are excellent, be sure to get quality products. Personally I would recommend against garlic at the stage you're at since my experience is that garlic is best used in the beginning when getting rid of candida and so on. You're focus should probably be to introduce new bacteria. I will also recommend prebiotic supplement which is very effective, start slow and expect an initial reaction.

Yes it needs very little digestion from the gut flora but tons of energy to break down the amino acids inside your stomach, which is where proteins are broken down. Our PH of our stomach acid is very similar to herbivores, while omnivores and carnivores have lot and lot more acidifying stomach acid.

I disagree. The human digestive system is actually very similar to that of animal Carnivores. We are very well adapted to animal products. http://files.meetup....orous-WAPF2.pdf

Edited by White Fox, 05 July 2012 - 10:04 AM.

#52 Paleoistheanswer

Paleoistheanswer

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:21 PM

Great work! Kefir and probiotics are excellent, be sure to get quality products. Personally I would recommend against garlic at the stage you're at since my experience is that garlic is best used in the beginning when getting rid of candida and so on. You're focus should probably be to introduce new bacteria. I will also recommend prebiotic supplement which is very effective, start slow and expect an initial reaction.

I've been eating at least an onion a day, usually two or one big one, and I've noticed my skin is healing but my pores seemed very opened up with small bumps in odd areas, I would assume this is mostly what you refer to as die off or some sort of detoxing.

#53 asdf12321asdf

asdf12321asdf

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:13 PM

White Fox, are there any particular probiotic brands you recommend to get 100-200 billion live bacteria per day?

#54 tweaker123

tweaker123

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:10 AM

what about carb sources. i need carbs to function like a human being... except for veggies. what are some safe carb sources. so i can workout and stay active/

#55 White Fox

White Fox

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:46 AM

White Fox, are there any particular probiotic brands you recommend to get 100-200 billion live bacteria per day?

I have tried several different brands, but I really don't know which ones are the best. Look for a supplement with bacteria that survive stomach acid is my best advice.

what about carb sources. i need carbs to function like a human being... except for veggies. what are some safe carb sources. so i can workout and stay active/

If you need some high-carb sources I would say fruits, carrots and quinoa are some of the safest sources.
Remember that you will get fat-adapted after a while (http://www.marksdail...be-fat-adapted/), and then you should be able to function properly on a high-fat diet.

High-carb sources like the ones mentioned are mostly a problem for people with Candida overgrowth!

Edited by White Fox, 06 July 2012 - 11:47 AM.

#56 tweaker123

tweaker123

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:48 AM

I have tried several different brands, but I really don't know which ones are the best. Look for a supplement with bacteria that survives stomach acid is my best advice.

If you need some high-carb sources I would say fruits, potatoes, carrots and quinoa are some of the safest sources.
Remember that you will get fat-adapted after a while (http://www.marksdail...be-fat-adapted/), and then you should be able to function properly on a high-fat diet.

High-carb sources like these are mostly a problem for people with Candida overgrowth!

ive been ''fat-adapted'' for 8 months. eating 2000 calories,75-80% calories coming from fat. Ive never felt worse in my life for those 8 months. felt letargic and had no energy at all. ,even though i did have no acne and no breakouts. i need carbs to feel ''human''

#57 White Fox

White Fox

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:51 AM

I have tried several different brands, but I really don't know which ones are the best. Look for a supplement with bacteria that survives stomach acid is my best advice.

If you need some high-carb sources I would say fruits, potatoes, carrots and quinoa are some of the safest sources.

High-carb sources like these are mostly a problem for people with Candida overgrowth!

ive been ''fat-adapted'' for 8 months. eating 2000 calories,75-80% calories coming from fat. Ive never felt worse in my life for those 8 months. felt letargic and had no energy at all. ,even though i did have no acne and no breakouts. i need carbs to feel ''human''

Then just slowly introduce new sources of carbohydrates like fruits, quinoa, potatoes and so on. Congratulations on getting clear atleast!

#58 Bartek15555

Bartek15555

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Music, Nutrition, Health.

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:35 AM

My body is so weird. I'm now 99% clear, in 3-4 days!!!! lol :P, I am not on Pelo diet or something like that. Sure I eat meat, lot of fish, vegetables, some fruits but also whole grains. I take colostrum, probiotics, L-Glutamine, Multivitamin with digestive enzymes, maybe it helps to cure my acne in very short period of time.

I ate a fruit bun, ice creams, sweet cookies, bran, musli, dairy the day before yesterday and yesterday and my face looks great. I did it on purpose because I wanted to check how my body respond to these products.

Do I have food intolerance If my acne has gone in 3-4 days again? :)

#59 White Fox

White Fox

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:58 AM

My body is so weird. I'm now 99% clear, in 3-4 days!!!! lol Posted Image, I am not on Pelo diet or something like that. Sure I eat meat, lot of fish, vegetables, some fruits but also whole grains. I take colostrum, probiotics, L-Glutamine, Multivitamin with digestive enzymes, maybe it helps to cure my acne in very short period of time.

I ate a fruit bun, ice creams, sweet cookies, bran, musli, dairy the day before yesterday and yesterday and my face looks great. I did it on purpose because I wanted to check how my body respond to these products.

Do I have food intolerance If my acne has gone in 3-4 days again? Posted Image

One of the most commen questions on this board is the following:

How is it that some people can eat shit(grains, sugar etc.) all the time and not get acne?

I believe the main reason is that these individuals have a functional gut flora and healthy intestinal lining so they can cope with their crappy diets. Insulin sensitivity, genetics and other factors probably also play a role.

That's why I say that when you have "healed" your body with diet, beneficial bacteria and prebiotics you can slowly introduce "bad foods" in moderation.

But for the large percentage of people it will take SEVERAL MONTHS to repair their gut; depending on the severity of their symptoms. Some people with mild acne and no digestive problems might see improvement from diet, pre- and probiotics much sooner than that:)

I will congratulate you when you have introduced more beneficial bacteria and prebiotics into your diet and have been clear for 1 month:-)

Edited by White Fox, 07 July 2012 - 04:59 AM.

#60 Paleoistheanswer

Paleoistheanswer

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 July 2012 - 03:59 PM

So when the hell can I go off probiotics? and why do I need to take them in the first place? why did my body lack all these bacteria before :( antibiotics?

Altough i did have acne before i took acne antibiotics

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users