Photo

Photos Of My Scars - What Would You Do To Fix These?

ice pick rolling scars fraxel

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
249 replies to this topic

#241 Honorable

Honorable

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:11 PM

Please keep us updated.  I would really love to know how it turns out.

Thank You

#242 readytosmileagain

readytosmileagain

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:34 AM

hey everyone 

quick update...

I went to take photos of my skin in the same lighting, at the same place, etc of the original photos the last time i was in my office (i work remotely so its not often) and I decided i couldnt do it... I didnt want to see it, I wasnt at a place in my workday that I could allow myself to get depressed so I decided against it... it took a lot of courage to do that as im not normally the person who is strong enough to just move forward and not dwell on this "issue" that consumes my every thought but I just couldnt do it... 

I had an appointment with my derm this past week. She said that the rolling scars look much better *probably because of the subcision* and she didnt mention the laser treatment results at all.. I honestly let it go because at this point, to correct anything would require laser action and im not going to do that again. She said tho, that if I do plan to do another CO2 laser she will use the correct medication prior and whatever else to help eliminate the redness as I had such a horrible experience which she normally doesn't see on light, pale skinned individuals... so she didnt do it the first time. 

So nothing new to show or really say - im to the point where the redness is pretty much gone, im almost at the 5 month mark, the scars are still very much there, and i still do not wear my glasses into the bathroom and basically have thrown away my contacts ;) 

So one day at a time right... I have much bigger, important things to worry about now. Life is moving without me, and im so incredibly tired of it! 

Love to you all - our struggles make us stronger and this community reminds us that we are so not alone. 

Am:
Cetaphil
ceraVe lotion

PM:
Cetaphil
ceraVe Lotion
Differin

wash my face with cetaphil before and after working out
sometimes add Glytone - mild gel wash to the regimen and then Glytone alphy hydroxy lotion at night

Finished my Accutane Course in August 2010!!

#243 brooklyn718

brooklyn718

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:34 PM

I read all your posts and I could feel ur pain because what im going through with my laser treatment as well. I now just had restalyn into my rolling scars. This is so hard and painfull. I feel like no one will be with me because of this. :(

#244 michi31

michi31

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:37 AM

Hey lady, thanks for the update. Glad that the redness is gone! And the scars still have improvements from the subcision so technically that means you are still improved, even after this traumatic experience! Now you can just move forward with life and I'm glad you sound ready to do that. You learned the long way what works for you and what doesn't. If you still feel unhappy in the future maybe another subcision is the way to go. Keep us posted on your life! And yes, we are all in this together and are not alone. Hugs.

#245 tracy521

tracy521

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:13 PM

hey readytosmileagain i am glad to hear you are doing well and that things are getting better for you. also i would like to tell you how brave you are and how amazing it is that you are able to move on with your life. i think amazing things are around the corner for you and i love that you are so positive. take care and keep us updated as time goes on ;)

#246 readytosmileagain

readytosmileagain

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:07 AM

So I think its time I tell my acne.org friends that im going to have a baby ;) 

we are 15 weeks right now - so please send lots of prayers this way for a happy and healthy baby come December. 

I will not be doing any treatments to my scars for a while now - and as much as I want to be clear of these not so beautiful things, its now time I focus on something incredible and look past my insecurities. 

I read an article this morning that i posted on facebook called "When your mother says shes fat" and it made me realize a lot about my own insecurities... Well I knew a lot of my troubles with my appearance was my lack of confidence stemming from my mom and her own insecurities (never really about being fat, just being "ugly") and well, this article is a good read.... remember what you say or the way you act will absolutely influence your children or your nieces, nephews, friends kids, etc. Be an example so they can have an amazing shot at being the most confident, happy, and beautiful person they can be...

http://www.rolereboo...tion_ref_map=[]

Am:
Cetaphil
ceraVe lotion

PM:
Cetaphil
ceraVe Lotion
Differin

wash my face with cetaphil before and after working out
sometimes add Glytone - mild gel wash to the regimen and then Glytone alphy hydroxy lotion at night

Finished my Accutane Course in August 2010!!

#247 michi31

michi31

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:35 AM

So happy for you! I read that article and it really hit home. As a mother it makes me realize that I have the power and responsibility to frame my skin issues for my daughter so it doesn't affect her in a negative way. I've been really, really worried about this and how my confidence issues would affect our relationship, and this brought a really good perspective. Thank you. Update when you find out gender!

#248 willg

willg

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:35 PM

Congratulations to you and yours! catdance.gif

#249 tracy521

tracy521

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:53 PM

congrats to you readytosmile! i bet you and your hubby are so excited! keep us updated!

#250 Texasmom

Texasmom

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:08 PM

My 6th and last post and I will not be continuing on Acne.org.

My 24 year old son had similar indented scars from 5 years of severe cystic acne.  Nothing seemed to help.

This summer, he's been spending a lot of time socializing in the Texas sun.  His skin looks 90% better.  The indents are barely there,the skin evening out.

What did it?  The sun created Vitamin D. Vitamin D is now being recognized by health professionals as a powerful hormone for hundreds of functions in the human body. It's helped clear my son's ice pick and rolling scars.

You must be careful though.  DON'T GO OUT IN THE SUN IF YOU USE ACCUTAINE, and don't stay in the sun long enough to get a sunburn.  Please research this.  I can't guarantee this will help, but it sure did for my son!