cystic acne doryx aczone antibiotics topical

2 replies to this topic

#1 LVogue

LVogue

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:15 AM

I've had bad acne (cystic) since i was around 11 (I'm 27 now), with hardly any time off from breakouts. Sometimes I would be so self conscious I wouldn't want to go to the dermatologist because I knew I wouldn't be able to wear cover up Posted Image.. Because of this, I never stuck to a regimen long enough for my acne to completely go away.. My scarring is pretty bad but that's another story (that I will be dealing with once my skin can clear up). Anyway, I finally went back to my old derm for the first time in 3 years to try and start over. This may just be preliminary treatment but she gave me Doryx (150mg/day) and Aczone 5% gel (once a day). What are your thoughts/experiences with this combination? I was sure I needed some type of antobiotic at least in the beginning to clear out all of the deep infections (+ I have back/chest acne), so hopefully the Doryx does the trick (the tricyclen meds gave me headaches).. Also, she told me to continue using my Neutrogena foaming face wash as well as my neutrogena moisturizer. I will report back to let you all know how it goes either way but any tips or feedback is appreciated! Happy Friday! Posted Image

#2 Flyer17

Flyer17

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:31 PM

Hi there, I have been on Doryx (and now Doxycycline, which is the generic) for about five months now and I have to say that I'm pleased with the results. I'm still not 100% clear, but I've seen some serious improvement. It takes at least 4-6 weeks to really start working, but be patient and hopefully you, too, will see some results! Best of luck! Posted Image

#3 Randall Flagg

Randall Flagg

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 7
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Hiking, Weight Lifting

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:59 PM

I took Doryx for about 2 months but I suffered from terrible nausea even when I took food with the medicine. I hope you don't experience this. I've taken several different antibiotics over the years for my acne, and this was the only one that gave me a really bad side effect. I hear it works differently for everyone though, so hopefully you won't go through what I did.

Daily Regimen:
-Clean and Clear Foaming Cleanser
-Dan's 2.5% BP 
-Jojoba oil as moisturizer

Nightly Regimen:
-Clean and Clear Foaming Cleanser
-Dan's 2.5% BP
-Cetaphil moisturizer + a few drops of Jojoba oil 

My Regimen Log: http://www.acne.org/...gs-regimen-log/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users