3 replies to this topic

#1 guyr

guyr

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:30 AM

Hi,

I'm travelling this summer so I need to get some sun cream for my face that won't cause me to break out. I'm in the UK (but don't mind paying shipping through amazon or something), so it's not a problem at all when I'm here and I really have no idea where to start. I am looking for something that I will use just on my FACE. I only have acne on my face, everywhere else I will use normal sun block. I think I need SPF 20+. I am going to be on holiday and therefore on the beach/out in the hot summer sun as much as possible, essentially sun bathing. I don't burn that easily and I don't have really pale skin, but I think SPF 15 might not be quite enough so I need SPF20 or 30.

I'm not sure if I should go for a SPF moisturizer or just a sun block product. I used this product in the past:

http://www.sisley-co...suncare-sunleya

But I think I had borrowed it off someone, so I just looked up the price tag and it seems to be over £100 for that tiny bottle.... From what I can remember it was really good (light and protected me completely without causing me to break out) but I can't imagine it's worth so much.

What can I get at a suitable SPF and appropriate price?!

Any guidance would be great

Thanks

Edited by guyr, 08 June 2012 - 07:49 AM.

#2 guyr

guyr

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:20 AM

Just ordered this:

http://www.amazon.co...uct/B001F51TDG/

Thoughts?

Think I found a good one :)

#3 Jabberwocky80

Jabberwocky80

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 June 2012 - 01:53 PM

A plastic surgeon who has treated my acne in the past suggested that I purchase SkinMedica Environmental Defense Sunscreen in SPF 30. It has been the only sunscreen that has NOT blocked my pores and caused acne. I live in Florida, but I'm sure you can purchase this online in the UK. Good luck!

#4 Cal350

Cal350

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:55 AM

Hi,
I have moderate acne and to be honest havent really tried many different sunscreens. However, I think that 'GARNIER AMBRE SOLAIRE, PROTECTION SPRAY, SUN INTOLERANT SKIN' works the best. Its a non sticky sunscreen, meaning my face doesn't feel greasy throughout the day and it doesn' seem to break me out. It's pretty cheap, so maybe worth a try! I'm off to america in a week and will deffo be taking this with me!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users