holisitc alternative indian adult

3 replies to this topic

#1 jaygo

jaygo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:31 AM

Hey guys. Im a fellow acne sufferer (since i turned 16 and coincidently when i started getting facial hair). I'm now 26, and my acne has progressed from severe to mild/moderate but persistent. In that time i have changed my diet, cut out spicy foods, chocolates and eggs and also some other stuff, although it has worked to a point i've never been clear. A huge change came when I started eating/drinking Psyllium husk with warm/hot water, to help prevent toxins accumulating in my digestive tract. My pimples were smaller, but still coming to head and the odd one still very painful, to the point i would get headaches.

Now recently I added another supplement called Khadirarishta, which is an Indian medicine in liquid form that you mix with water and is used to for skin conditions including acne. I have to say in the two weeks of using is my skin seems to be improving that little bit more, i'm still get pimples but they now quite coming to head, instead they are sitting back down again.

Now i'm wondering has anyone else used this? Ideally someone who has used it a longer period than I have. I would like to know whether this is a first sign that maybe truly on the right path, or could it be the case of getting better than not having any effect at all.

Also not to sound too cynical, but I wouldn't call anything i've tried a 'cure' as such, as a cure in my personal opinion means you can stop taking a med after a certain amount time and acne not coming back, if I have to carry on to keep acne at bay then it's more just a treatment.

#2 kalebattle

kalebattle

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Yoga, Ayurveda, Tea, Cooking, Reading, Running.

Posted 30 June 2012 - 05:32 PM

I haven't tried that herb but I have used the Ayurvedic blend Tripphala, which I've had success with. It essentially cleans the digestive tract which is great if that's the root problem of your acne. I'm experiencing hormonal acne so what has worked best for me has related to that more. But everything is connected! So you never know what is going to work best for you unless you try it.

Since you had success with the psyllium then you should consider other digestive cleaners and make sure you're consuming adequate amounts of fiber. Bentonite clay is great for absorbing toxins in the digestive tract. I would also look into "Leaky Gut Syndrome" because this can be a cause of acne for some.

Have you taken any liver damaging medicines like accutane or long term antibiotics? Because your body will try to detox after coming off of these treatments which can lead to more acne until you've detoxed properly. I'm only bringing this up because the psyllium could have helped push out these toxins which is why you saw results.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions, I know I just threw a lot of info at you! Be well!

#3 jaygo

jaygo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:27 PM

HI, thanks for your input, sorry it's taken me so long to reply. Been a bit busy. Basically i've tried a combination of Triphala and Isabgol (psylium husk) and that had an effect, and Khadirarishta which had an major effect along with Neem Ghan Vati (neem tablets) which worked great(ish). Cleared 100% acne on cheeks, but cause hell on my forehead. I have had doxycycline before ut that was a long time ago, when i was 17. But a real hope has come in a shape of Pankaj Naram ayurvedic tablets. Which involves 5 different tablets, and even though for 8 weeks I was breaking out immensely, it has suddenly over a course of a week and half cleared/reduce majority of my acne, and seemingly only getting better. To the point i've had a bar chocolate, a touch of spicy food, and i have not broken out like i use to. Now i'm led to believe it's because the main active ingredient is 'Manjistha' which really good for acne. But like i said in around 10 weeks in total of taking the tablets i'm only now seeing improvement, but i am still getting very very tiny spots scattered around my face. But i'll see in another 8 weeks and then put it out there if there a positive result.

#4 Ninerfan

Ninerfan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:23 PM

Just signed up and instead of creating a new topic, I'll reply to yours as it is related. I've been suffering from adult acne for as long as I can remember. I'm a 50 year old male who has moderate acne in which I seem to get a few non cystic pimples per week....just enough where I seem to have 6-8 pimples on my face at any given time.

I've tried so many acne products and nothing ever seems to work. My one tried and true trick after a heavy breakout is to drink 3-4 glasses of carrot juice for a few days and that tends to help. But it really got me thinking. So much of acne prevention is attempting to fix the problem after it's already happened ie treating acne topically with creams and masks etc.

IMHO, if there is a solution to this complex problem, it's attempting to treat the problem internally. After doing some research, I came across this doctor's You Tube video and it started to make sense. Hmmmm, never thought the reason why my body is eliminating waste thru my face is because my lymphatic system may be clogged and overworked. Hey it makes perfect sense!!!!! Anyway, here is a video done by Dr. John Douillard that discusses what you can do to start cleaning your lymphatic system. While he does not mention acne specifically one can only connect that dots and ascertain that an unhealthy lymph system is probably a contributing factor towards acne.

Here's the link:

As a result of watching this video, I did start using an Indian herb called Manjistha. According to Dr. Douillard this herb helps to help remove toxins out of your bloodstream. Well I'm very excited to report that I'm half way thru my first bottle of manjistha and my skin is starting to improve! I've only been taking the manjistha for 10 days (two pills in the morning and two at night) and my breakouts have reduced significantly.

I think there are a few different manjistha products out there but I ordered them off Dr. Douillard's sight. Here is the link http://compare.ebay....mTypes&var=sbar. Did notice that Dr. Douillard's manjistha is a tad more expensive than the competition so next time I may use this link to buy http://www.onlineher...evance&dir=desc but then again, manjistha isn't very expensive so I may stick with what is working for me. BTW, I am not associated with Dr. Douillard....just wanted to give props to him and his videos because so far it's working Posted Image I've also ordered a herb called Neem and that will arrive next week. It's also an herb that eliminates waste from your blood. I'll post later and let you guys know how the combo is working.

Those others with adult acne may want to give this product a go!!!!

Cheers,

Pete

Edited by Ninerfan, 09 November 2012 - 02:02 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users