2 replies to this topic

#1 Flying Buttress

Flying Buttress

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:11 PM

Hello everyone.

I've been examining my nose recently and have made the perhaps overdue decision to treat my skin better.

If you take a look at the attached photos, you'll notice a few boxes with numbers; these are the areas I want to draw attention to.

Box 1 depicts raised bumps that aren't quite the blackheads. When I contort my face in different expressions, the bumps move as if they were integrated in and with my skin, as if no underlying matter were beneath them. I would go so far as suggesting that they aren't acne. Might they be scars? Does anyone have experience with these oddities, and if so, how do you treat them?

Box 2 shows what is unmistakably a blackhead. All blackheads are relatively easy to remove, right? Not this one! It has defied two attempts of squeezing it out. It has made my nose its residence since before the dawn of its discovery.

Box 4 (I skipped the number 3, oops) shows a kind of developing acne lesion that is common to other parts of the skin. It's a sort of inflamed blackhead.

The general nose area is plagued with little yellow dots that I sometimes will take the effort to remove after a shower and with the greatest of cares not to injure the nose. Alas, probably Box 4 is a result of these efforts. Either way, I know there's quite a bit of methods to deal with the yellow dots/blackheads that you can see (and that I will search on this forum for how to deal with them later), but as to Boxes 1, 2, and 4, could anyone give any tips on how to deal with these individually? I do think my nose would look nice otherwise. Or am I better off just seeing a dermatologist?

I should add I'm not taking any medication at the moment.

Attached Files

#2 Flying Buttress

Flying Buttress

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 June 2012 - 05:21 PM

Any ideas? Anyone?

#3 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:13 PM

Box 1 might be skin tags. As far as the others, the way to deal with blackheads is extractions (squeezing them out), using pore strips, drying the oil with an astringent, and exfoliating the skin. Your nose is so mild compared to most people on this board that we probably don't know what to say. I would kill to only have that on my nose.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users