Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Green tea SIDE EFFECTS?!

26 posts in this topic

Ok i'm not SURE if this is green tea related so i'll ask it anyway!

Do you get side effects from green tea when you first ever drink it?.

the reason i ask,is after 10-15mins of drinking green tea my stomach feels alittle crappy for awhile after.

Also i've gottan cold like symtoms that started on the first day of drinking green tea,and i NEVER EVER EVER get colds!.

it might be me being a hypercondriac (not sure how ya spell that)...but seem's strange.

Life is all about living!

im drinking green tea every day im not getting any colds.. if anything it shud help colds... but i dont know about ur stomach maybe u eat something that upset ur stomach

I'm pretty sure it's the green tea,maybe i'll get use to it within thew week.

What kind of green tea are you drinking? You may just need to use the bathroom (#2)

I'm pretty sure it's the green tea,maybe i'll get use to it within thew week.

Started Accutane 9/20/09

Month 1: 40mg Amnesteem

Month 2: 60mg Amnesteem

Month 3: 60mg Claravis

Month 4: 40mg Amnesteem (Not a fan of Claravis)

Cleanser - Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash

Moisturizer - Eucerin Q10 Sensitive Skin Cream Cetaphil (Eucerin was clogging pores)

Lip Balm - Alba Botanicals, Aquaphor, or Vaseline

(depends on how dry my lips are)

What kind of green tea are you drinking? You may just need to use the bathroom (#2)

green tea will make you go #2 because its an antioxidant....so if you eat anything to is bad for your system like junk food, pizza, fried chicken, fries, burgers, etc., you're going to get an upset stomach because the green tea is flushing that bad stuff out of your system.....it's normal.

If you want the health benefits of green tea, you should be drinking 100% green tea, no 60%/40% black. Green tea is 100% HEALTHY for you. The Chinese and the Japanese have been drinking it for hundreds of years....

green tea will make you go #2 because its an antioxidant....so if you eat anything to is bad for your system like junk food, pizza, fried chicken, fries, burgers, etc., you're going to get an upset stomach because the green tea is flushing that bad stuff out of your system.....it's normal.

If you want the health benefits of green tea, you should be drinking 100% green tea, no 60%/40% black.  Green tea is 100% HEALTHY for you.  The Chinese and the Japanese have been drinking it for hundreds of years....

Which website did you order it from?

Tom

[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

Which website did you order it from?

Tom

Cliche: "Anything in EXCESS IS BAD."

Maybe because it's FALL SEASON, and YOU'RE getting COLD?? Or is it in UK? US?

Cliche: "Anything in EXCESS IS BAD."

Maybe because it's FALL SEASON, and YOU'RE getting COLD?? Or is it in UK? US?

If you want the health benefits of green tea, you should be drinking 100% green tea, no 60%/40% black.  Green tea is 100% HEALTHY for you.  The Chinese and the Japanese have been drinking it for hundreds of years....

Started Accutane 9/20/09

Month 1: 40mg Amnesteem

Month 2: 60mg Amnesteem

Month 3: 60mg Claravis

Month 4: 40mg Amnesteem (Not a fan of Claravis)

Cleanser - Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash

Moisturizer - Eucerin Q10 Sensitive Skin Cream Cetaphil (Eucerin was clogging pores)

Lip Balm - Alba Botanicals, Aquaphor, or Vaseline

(depends on how dry my lips are)

Did you drink it on an empty stomach? I normally drink it just before I eat but today I didn't (meant to but didn't have time for breakfast) and I felt a bit sick afterwards.

Did you drink it on an empty stomach? I normally drink it just before I eat but today I didn't (meant to but didn't have time for breakfast) and I felt a bit sick afterwards.

It could be your body adjusting to the new system you are integrating to it. Have you just started on green tea, or started it in big volumes? Or did you cut down / put on some new food in your diet? It must have attributed to that. cool.gif

Ryan, that's good that you drink it on breaks instead of food. If you're prone to drinking coffee, substitute the green tea for it. Green tea will make you feel well overall....its a mood lifter, b/c it calms the nerves, and it gives a slight energy boost.

iron deficiency

I don't know if green tea is an exception but drinking tea/coffee beyond the usual is iron inhibiting.

iron deficiency

I don't know if green tea is an exception but drinking tea/coffee beyond the usual is iron inhibiting.

I have some twinnings earl grey in the cupboard , i think thats the wrong one though right?

There is no cure for my despair, only intangible remedies..

I get no side effects whatsoever with Green Tea...

Yes twinnings earl grey is not green tea...

earl grey is just a scented tea I think...

Does anyone know whether it's ok to use decaffeinated green tea?

Does anybody no where or what kind of green tea to get( what brand)?

Does anybody no where or what kind of green tea to get( what brand)?