Photo

Day 22 Pictures, Good Or Bad?

accutane pictures good bad acne 15 year old girl

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 LiviBM

LiviBM

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:40 AM

Now on day 22, and here are some pictures because ive been wondering... is it working? Is my acne an okay amount at this stage? Ive had my intial breakout and it was HORRIBLE! Is it getting better??? Hoping for some feedback.... DESPERATELY.

Snapshot_20120607_4.JPG

Snapshot_20120607_5.JPG

Snapshot_20120607_6.JPG

IF YOU ARE PAST DAY 22, WAS YOURS LIKE THIS? WHEN DID IT GET BETTER?

PLEASE FEEDBACK

LOVE LIVI XXXXXXX

#2 redhead rachel

redhead rachel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:55 AM

I actually don't think your skin looks bad at all. Just keep in mind that everyone is different on this drug. Some people experience breakouts until the end of their course. I think what you're experiencing is perfectly normal. Just give it some time to clear up!

Have you noticed any improvement since you started? Are you still breaking out?

Edited by redhead rachel, 07 June 2012 - 08:56 AM.

#3 LiviBM

LiviBM

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:00 AM

I think its has got better since the start of my breakout which happened around day 6... and i had cysts all over my face! But still i find my skin very depressing... Id say that when i started my skin was doing okay... so it has significantly got worse! But i expected this completel... Im provements in a way would be that I had freckles everywhere and they seemed to have gone and my nose and cheeks have mostly cleared. I am definitely still breaking out... as soon as one area clears another breaks out ;( ugh... I so hope it clears soon! I see you are on month 4 and on the same dosage as me... how is your skin?

#4 redhead rachel

redhead rachel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:48 AM

Try not to let it get you down! Unfortunately, it gets worse before it gets better, but the good thing is that you have seen improvement since you first started breaking out. I'm not sure if you read any Accutane logs on this site, but there are people who are in their third and fourth months and are still breaking out. Of course, no one wants to still have breakouts at that stage of the course, but it happens. And it is normal. Don't worry! From your pictures your skin doesn't look bad! I think you're really going to clear up nicely! :)

Yep, I am taking 40mg. I'm still on my first month though. I'm on day 24 to be exact, so we're only a couple days apart! I've had seven lovely zits pop up on my face since starting. I've only had two or three big ones though. Fortunately, the rest have been pretty small and went away quickly.

#5 breesy

breesy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:11 PM

How did they prescribe you this drug in the first place? Your acne is very mild. Try having 10 times the zits you have now and then you can even dare to type words like "desperate"...

#6 Guest_*Spiro*_*

Guest_*Spiro*_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:54 PM

I think you are looking good! and will clear up nicely!! Don't listen to the poster above. I am sure you are desperate to have clear skin. No one can tell you what amount of acne you need to have before you become desperate. Your feelings are yours Posted Image

#7 LiviBM

LiviBM

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:17 AM

yeah thanks! and to the poster above 'breesy' I actually have had that bad acne and I was seriously depressed but it just went after i went on an exchange to Austrailia... a year on and it started to come back... My dad still has awful acne on his back and has had it on and off ever since he was my age. My derm was pretty sure it was hereditry and knew my ance was about to return with a vengence... so she suggested this drug so hopefully it would go and forever this time! And btw I wrote the word desperate when saying I wanted feedback because I know no one who has gone on this drug and its my first time! So.. learn to read right.

redhead rachel, I think its so cool we are only a few days apart! Its my 23rd day today? You should always keep me updated on how its going for you? What about side effects? What have you experienced this far in? :)

beautiful disasters, thank you so much, that support meant a lot and i totally agree with you! Very very true :)

#8 redhead rachel

redhead rachel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:29 AM

Very cool! I love finding people who are at the same point in their course as me. It's interesting to see what everyone is going through, so I'm kind of obsessed with reading logs on this site. :P

So far the main side effect has just been dryness. My lips have been dry since early in the course, but my face just started drying out recently. Fortunately, I haven't experienced anything too problematic.

Hope you're doing well!

#9 xjones

xjones

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:33 PM

Well, my acne was like yours and I'm almost clear at day 17 (0.5 mg/kg), but I think I'm just one of the few people that got lucky. Most of the people here clear at month 2-3. Don't worry, it\ll get better.
Btw, I think you're hot. Posted Image

#10 electroswing

electroswing

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 June 2012 - 05:32 PM

looks awesome! much better than I did at day 22 :)

#11 fadedjay

fadedjay

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:29 AM

Hey,

Your skin looks pretty good.

Hopefully in the next few months you will no longer need to worry about acne!

Keep up the good work! and either way with or without acne you are very attractive Posted Image