grandmas lye soap bar acne treatment natural

3 replies to this topic

#1 muj

muj

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:46 PM

I recently stumbled upon this mysterious natural soap bar sold by Remwood Products known as Grandma's Lye Soap Bar, made with just three ingredients: Lard, Water, and Lye. There's also a specialized Acne Control Bar that includes aloe and oatmeal as well.

The Regular Bar:
http://www.amazon.co...&sr=1-1-catcorr

The Acne Control Bar:
http://www.amazon.co..._pr_product_top

Looking at the Amazon reviews, there are some pretty magnificent claims. Customers have touted that the bar is a "Miracle Bar", that it is "Better than ProActive!!", and that it has been more effective than very expensive acne regimens. Also, it is apparently a very, very good soap. Could it be true? Has anyone tried this product before? I'm ordering a bar, and I'll report on it when I try it out.

#2 PhoenixSkin

PhoenixSkin

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:35 AM

Advertisement !!!!

#3 Starlitskies

Starlitskies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:36 AM

Hmm, well my mother and I used to make good ol' fashioned homemade lye soap. Ingredients were lye, coconut oil, palm oil - that's it. Unless we added scents :) She used to make one with some tea tree oil in it for acne, and my brothers who had severe acne used it for a long time but I don't remember it helping at all. However, it's definitely good stuff! I wouldn't count on it to cure your acne though...
Who says? Who says you're not perfect? Who says you're not worth it? Who says you're not beautiful? Who says?
I'm no beauty queen, I'm just beautiful me!

#4 navyyardlady

navyyardlady

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:00 AM

I bought this soap on a whim during a trip for work to Chicago. The store was called Merz Apothecary and it was inside the Palmer House Hilton hotel. The store is like a natural beauty supply - think the beauty section at Whole-Foods but with more stuff like perfumes and tons of fun soaps.

I always like to try new stuff because I sitll get sporadic breakouts and while I've kept acne at bay a bit I can get rid of it fully. Like many on here I've tried everythign from Pro-active to antibiotics from my Dr. I have the clarisonic. I've tried oil cleansing blah blah blah.

Anyway, I've been using this soap for a week and I haven't had any new blemishes. The one time I got a cystic pimple on my jaw was the one day I stopped using it and tried to use some soap I had from the Lush store. I went right back to Grandma's and the pimple on my jaw line was noticeably smaller the next day and gone in two days.

I don't know what the secret to this soap is but i suspect part of it is the lard. If you google Dawn and using it to clean oily birds - there was a controversy that Dawn was partly petroleum. This is also the basis of oil based cleansing - that you need oil to really emulsify and remove another oil. I think that lard catches the oil and whatever surfectant they use cleans it off. Just my theory.

But I'm going to start using this on my body to clearn up my chest and back and will report back. Note my skin isn't flawless - I still have large pores and some blackheads - but right now there's not a pimple in sight.

I'm going to order a lot of this soap if it keeps working like this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users