green tea rooibos

411 replies to this topic

#41 ramblinrose

ramblinrose

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 June 2012 - 06:19 PM

excellent photo! i didnt make it to the store before they closed so i have to go tomorrow. i love shopping so i'm very excited about having a reason to go ^-^

#42 onefatalgoose

onefatalgoose

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:21 PM

Posted Image

Opposing colors on the color wheel neutralize each other, so you can see why green tea with it's strong pigmentation would greatly help to reduce redness

#43 ramblinrose

ramblinrose

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:48 PM

cool! this is a great chart to have on general principle!

#44 onefatalgoose

onefatalgoose

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:36 AM

Any suggestions if i need a bit of a moisturizer? Certainly do not want to use any chemicals , but would need something that doesn't break me out. I am only doing this once a day, but i might add in manuka honey as a cleanser.

Hey Gouldberg,
Just thought i'd post a couple links to some natural homemade moisturizers some people are making. I like the idea of a simple aloe vera moisturizer with an essential or carrier oil added, as long as it's pure aloe vera and not that bright green fake crap banana boat sells. I've tried extra virgin olive oil when i was oil cleansing a couple years back, and it was nice, but it's also very acidic and was slightly irritating to my skin. I mean it even burned my throat when i'd take a spoonful of it straight. But I know virgin coconut oil is another one you could substitute in as well with these moisturizers. I'm sure as long as you're choosing from good quality natural ingredients, you could have some fun experimenting with your own concoction. I don't think it would take much of these moisturizers to get the job done either
Anyway here's a couple links:

http://frugallysustainable.com/2011/12/non-greasy-homemade-moisturizing-lotion/

http://www.blogher.com/homemade-moisturizer-recipe-face-can-t-be-more-simple

#45 ramblinrose

ramblinrose

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:58 AM

thanks for the links! i have been curious about homemade moisturizers & if they are more cost effective!

#46 Eleck

Eleck

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:17 PM

Just wanted to post my initial experience etc with this, I've used it a day and a half (3 applications) after showering and washing face with just water and it has been good so far.

I made it with 16 Yogi Pure green tea bags+the sea salt, been applying it with cotton like i said after showering.

I feel like it has reduced redness and made my skin more "calm" if that makes sense, I will definitely continue to use it
Also, i was wondering: after putting it in the fridge overnight for the next use, quite a bit settles at the bottom of the liquid, I AM supposed to shake that up correct? or just use the liquid that sits on top?

#47 onefatalgoose

onefatalgoose

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:55 PM

Also, i was wondering: after putting it in the fridge overnight for the next use, quite a bit settles at the bottom of the liquid, I AM supposed to shake that up correct? or just use the liquid that sits on top?

Yeah you are. That way everything gets reincorporated when you apply it again. Looking forward to seeing your progress with this Eleck

#48 spoofy2

spoofy2

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:58 PM

Does this work well with closed comedones or is it better for non-inflamed acne? I've tried sea salt before and it did nothing for me.

#49 onefatalgoose

onefatalgoose

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:03 PM

Spoofy i think you'd have to try it and see. I tried sea salt once before as well and i was using way too much of it in relation to how much water i was using. Also the main component of this toner is the green tea, and that may indeed help with closed comedones. Or...it may not. But i think it's worth a shot for all types of acne. Also if there is another ingredient that you know helps with closed comedones i think you should feel free to mix it in with this toner. As long as it's natural.

There are so many different toners you can make, and this is just one, focussing primarily on green tea with a touch of sea salt. I've found it to be very effective for me, but there's no reason you couldn't experiment with other ingredients

#50 Ghost08

Ghost08

Stay Beautiful!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:45 AM

Hi there! I was getting ready to make this concoction when I realized that my Green Tea was MINT green tea. Is this a problem?

Thanks in advance for the help!

#51 onefatalgoose

onefatalgoose

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:26 PM

Hi there! I was getting ready to make this concoction when I realized that my Green Tea was MINT green tea. Is this a problem?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Personally i use a mint green tea, so i say go for it. Again i wouldn't recommend a honey green tea, because those end up feeling, well, like you have honey on your face the whole day. But mint is a good option

#52 Ihateacne1995

Ihateacne1995

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:32 PM

how long does it take to be clear?

#53 onefatalgoose

onefatalgoose

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:00 PM

how long does it take to be clear?

Hah! Well...that is going to be different from person to person. And it's also going to depend on whether you are addressing treating your acne from the inside out as well by altering your diet. There are many variables when it comes to acne, so it's hard to say 'it's going to take this much time'. But try it out and see for yourself. And also check out the nutrition board, and make sure to look at the pinned topics at the top of the page as well, cause they are full of useful information on how to deal with acne via what you eat

#54 gingergirl22

gingergirl22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:01 PM

i am wondering if this green tea toner would be a good aftershave for guys, whether they have acne or not. It has such a soothing effect on my skin ever since I started using it a few weeks ago and it got me thinking about this.

#55 ramblinrose

ramblinrose

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 June 2012 - 08:06 PM

i finally remembered to pick up all the ingredients tonight! :P i'm very excited about trying this!! i will report back over the next week!

question: before tonight (for the past week) i have been using a cotton pad soaked in cold water with 6-8 drops of tea tree oil after i wash w/dr bronners baby soap. do u suggest i use the green tea toner instead of the tea tree oil or in addition to? thanks in advance!!

#56 onefatalgoose

onefatalgoose

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 June 2012 - 10:06 PM

do u suggest i use the green tea toner instead of the tea tree oil or in addition to? thanks in advance!!

No problem rose. What's to say you couldn't add the tea tree oil to this concoction if you're having success with the oil already? I've heard great things about tea tree oil, but i've also heard you can't add too much because it is very strong. So if you haven't already, i'd read up on how much to add to a cup and half of water, which is how much i use for each batch of this toner. If you do add this to the toner, you're really going to have to shake it up well each time to get the oil and water to mix properly. They are always going to separate, but you can get pretty close by shaking it up and applying right away

#57 ramblinrose

ramblinrose

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:12 AM

this is great news!! thank u onefatalgoose! i got distracted by other things so i will be making a batch on Sunday! :P

#58 onefatalgoose

onefatalgoose

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:26 AM

i am wondering if this green tea toner would be a good aftershave for guys, whether they have acne or not. It has such a soothing effect on my skin ever since I started using it a few weeks ago and it got me thinking about this.

For sure i bet it would be. God knows what's in the typical aftershave balm to supposedly help 'soothe' your skin.

And while we're on shaving...
Personally i use the trimmer on the back of an electric, as i've found this to be the most non-irritating approach to shaving. It doesn't cut quite as close, but you still look very clean shaven. Also this way you don't risk ingrown hairs and added irritation to the skin. You just have to make sure you get a good quality shaver that has a good trimmer tool. I personally found the best experience with Remmington, and the kind where the blades on the main shaver swing back and fourth. The kind with the circles tend to tug out the hairs, and the trimmers on the back are near useless. This has been my personal experience with them anyway

#59 gingergirl22

gingergirl22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 June 2012 - 08:21 AM

i finally remembered to pick up all the ingredients tonight! Posted Image i'm very excited about trying this!! i will report back over the next week!

question: before tonight (for the past week) i have been using a cotton pad soaked in cold water with 6-8 drops of tea tree oil after i wash w/dr bronners baby soap. do u suggest i use the green tea toner instead of the tea tree oil or in addition to? thanks in advance!!

Just wondering...are you seeing results with the tea tree oil? Are you spot treating or applying all over?

#60 ramblinrose

ramblinrose

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:41 PM

hi ginger! i've been using the tea tree oil as a toner all over my face. what i've been doing is soaking a cotton pad in cold water (i use filtered bottled water because i can refill it for free from the water cooler in my apartment building) & then i place 6-8 drops of the TTO on the cotton pad (not in the same spot, kinda spread it around) & then i squeeze out all the excess water. after that i gently wipe/scrub my face with the cotton pad. i tend to reuse the same pad by folding it over & using the backside too because i'm cheap. Posted Image

i've had a few bumps & a whitehead for the past few days, but that's it as far as any new breakouts & i've been using the TTO for the past week and a half. my face does feel a little dry after i use it, so i have to be sure to moisturize. i use an organic product made with raw honey, royal jelly, propolis & other bee products. my only problem with the moisturizer is that it has no sunscreen in it. otherwise i'm in love with it! it's called "bee yummy." it cost $40 for 2 oz of product but it will last for at least 4-6 months i'm sure! i only need about a dime-sized amount to moisturize my whole face.

sorry if i strayed too far off topic!! i really am waiting for my water to boil to make the green tea toner onefatalgoose created, i promise! Posted Image

so far, i think my natural product experiment is working. i'm boiling the water now to make the green tea toner!! and i will continue to have at least one kefir smoothie everyday. plus the supplements i picked up & healthier eating habits. and plenty of water!! it's the water that i have the hardest time with. sometimes i want something with a little flavor in it y'know? lemons and limes don't always do the trick!

Edited by ramblinrose, 24 June 2012 - 04:43 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users