Photo

Pcos Acne Treatment Options? Need Suggestions!

pcos acne treatment options hormonal acne adult acne cystic acne

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

#1 Colorado123

Colorado123

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:10 PM

I'm 23 years old and have PCOS. Over the past couple of years my acne has gotten much much worse. I went from having just a couple of pimples here and there to now over 20 constantly on my face. These are usually blackheads that turn into white heads on my forehead, cheeks, chin, and under my nose and also cystic acne on my chin. I also have a very oily face. I was wondering if anyone out there has experienced somethig similar and has found a skin regiment that actually works. I've tried numerous products but nothing seems to help! I'm desperate here and just want something that will help. I've gotten to the point where I'm embarassed to leave the house because it's so bad. So PLEASE if anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate it!

#2 Ember1988

Ember1988

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:05 PM

Hey there!
I am 24 and I was recently diagnosed with PCOS. I am currently on isotretinoin (or accutaine) as prescribed by my dermatologist and I am also on a birth control pill called dianette, (might have a different brand name depending on where you're posting from) due to the fact that it is required that you use birth control while on 'tane.
My doctor apparently chose that particular pill (dianette) because it's supposed to improve your skin and also other symptoms of PCOS by regulating your cycle which obviously becomes horribly irregular with the condition.
Im not saying that you should demand these medications even if they have really worked so far for me! But If you have acne induced by PCOS you probably should see a dermatologist.
They might be able to prescribe you topical lotions and creams that would be better suited to you and they will also be able to give you the best advice on your acne and how it relates to your condition.
The only other thing I can suggest is to improve your PCOS generally by eating a low GI diet and having lots of water, fruit and veg but I'm sure you've heard that all before! it takes ages for that stuff to make a difference to your acne and when it does it's only a small one in my experience! :( I hope this helps you!

#3 kalebattle

kalebattle

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:49 AM

Colorado,

I was diagnosed with PCOS after coming off of birth control over a year ago, with one of my symptoms being acne. For me, these breakouts were hormonal, which is usually the case for adult acne. I know the best solution for PCOS symptoms is weight loss IF you're overweight. I wasn't, and I now know that my "PCOS" wasn't really that, but just a withdrawal from being on birth control and having my hormones just out of whack for a bit.

I think it would be best for you to think of what you've done in the past couple months and see if anything could have had an effect on either your skin topically, your liver, or your digestive system. If you've either stopped or started birth control in the past 6 months that could cause your skin to erupt. Taking antibiotics without proper probiotics after treatment could cause that as well.

Cystic acne on the chin and jawline area means something is hormonally out of balance. Start by using all natural products, drinking plenty of water and look into natural hormone balancing herbs. I've been taking Vitex and it has helped. I would not recommend accutane or birth control, as these will make the problem worse and cause even bigger problems down the line. The pill is only a short term "solution" that may seem to help your skin, but you will ultimately experience the long term effects of it when on it too long, and then when you do get off of it the acne might be worse than when you started (this happened to me). I absolutely URGE female acne sufferers to consider taking natural herbs for hormonal acne. Birth control is far more damaging than is publicly noted. Taking vitex every day might take longer, but it's worth it in the end.

#4 sepsi

sepsi

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:57 PM

I absolutely URGE female acne sufferers to consider taking natural herbs for hormonal acne. Birth control is far more damaging than is publicly noted. Taking vitex every day might take longer, but it's worth it in the end.

I need to play a bit of devil's advocate here. How are herbs better than BP pills? Herbs work because they have biologically active ingredients in them. In other words herbs are drugs. The problem with herbs is that you aren't getting a consistent dose of the drug (as concentrations vary) and they are often contaminated with heavy metals and other pollutants (especially if those herbs happen to come from India).

Now, if I try also to be helpful. If I remember correctly PCOS is a condition of androgen excess. Insulin resistance seems to also play a big role in it.

Things that should help are either low-carbohydrate or balanced diet with emphasis on low GI carbs. Monounsaturated fats (like olive oil) should also help, especially if they replace high GI carbs and saturated fats in your diet.

Drinking green tea may also be worth a try. It has compounds that hinder androgen activity. To get any effect you probably have to drink a lot to it, like a litre a day. Maybe you can make some and then chill it and drink it in place of water.

Topical remedies can also mitigate the effect those hormones have on your skin. Here again green tea can help, as do saw palmetto and evening primrose oil. For more details, you can check this post: http://www.acneeinst...-skin-remedies/

Edited by sepsi, 18 June 2012 - 12:07 AM.

#5 doodleme123

doodleme123

Test Subject

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:35 AM

Does drinking lots of green tea make your (generally speaking) skin turn green, or yellow even?
I know it sounds silly, but eating lots of carrots can turn one's skin orange.

''I'm not clever, but I figure if I ask all the questions, somebody else might have all the answers'' - Quote, Me!

#6 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:22 PM

Does drinking lots of green tea make your (generally speaking) skin turn green, or yellow even?
I know it sounds silly, but eating lots of carrots can turn one's skin orange.

No, but it will stain your teeth.

To OP, I recommend spiro for PCOS.

Edited by Green Gables, 18 June 2012 - 04:23 PM.

photo-152109.gif?_r=1345837784?__rand=0.

I don't get notified of your response to my post unless you QUOTE my post.

Please only quote a small portion of the post so it doesn't clutter up the thread. 

How to Treat Hormonal Acne

Good and Bad Birth Control Pills and Implants for Acne

How to take Spironolactone

List of Doctors Who Prescribe Spironolactone

Topicals for Hormonal Acne

HOW I STAY 100% CLEAR:

Spironolactone (anti-androgen drug)

Betaine HCL with each meal

Avoiding silicones and occlusives in skin/hair products

#7 kalebattle

kalebattle

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:10 PM

Sepsi,

I personally consider herbs better than hormonal birth control because they are a natural approach to balancing hormones whereas the pill isn't natural. Not only is it not natural, it isn't balancing the hormones like many women think it is. It's telling the body not to ovulate, making the body think it's chronically pregnant. When coming out of this state, the body can become extremely disrupted, I've had personal experience with this. But of course everyone is different.

Another aspect of herbs is that they've been used in ancient medicines like Ayurvedic and Chinese medicine. Their safety is backed by ancient practices and understanding. Plus the fact that they come from the earth! You can grow your own herbal garden. The pill is a modern, synthetic tool.

Of course you must know the source of your herbs and if they're organic. You need to understand and trust what you put in your body. Herbs may not need a prescription, but shouldn't be taken without council from a holistic or functional medicine practitioner. Unfortunately many women don't know the dangers of hormonal birth control, and don't understand what they're putting in their bodies.

I think vitex is a great herb for hormonal problems because it can be used for any variety of hormonal imbalances. It just does what the body needs it for at the time. I've been using it and have had success.

Those are my reasons, I just want to put it out there because I didn't have this information when I chose to go on hormonal birth control and I wish I did.

#8 sepsi

sepsi

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:58 PM

Let me preface this by saying I'm not trying to be an asshole or argumentative. Just bringing up another side of this story.

Another aspect of herbs is that they've been used in ancient medicines like Ayurvedic and Chinese medicine.

You mean the same Chinese medicine system that tortures animals for ingredients to their remedies (such as bear bile) and even drives species to near extinction. The same Ayurvedic system where medicines are commonly contaminated with toxic heavy metals?

You mean the same Chinese and Ayurvedic medical systems that studies found commonly find to be no more effective than placebo treatments? The same systems that are based on pre-scientific ideas that don't line up with what we know about how the human body works?

I'm not saying our understanding of the human body is perfect or that it couldn't be wrong. It can be wrong, and it will probably be shown to be wrong at some point in the future.

But the point being that if the ancient medicine systems don't produce meaningful treatment responses (beyond placebo) and they are based on outdated theories (which seemed reasonable at the time those systems were developed, but we now know to be false), then why on earth should we keep believing to those system?

Their safety is backed by ancient practices and understanding.

Herbs and other ancient remedies are every now and then found to cause harm. For example a herb commonly used in Chinese medicne was recently found to seriously damage the kidneys.

Recent studies of the effects of aristolochic acid on the renal system are a good opportunity to do so. Aristolochia is an herb that has been used for thousands of years in many cultures for many indications, such as child birth, weight loss, and joint pain. It is both “natural” and ancient. It is also a powerful nephrotoxin – it causes kidney damage.

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/index.php/herbal-medicine-and-aristolochic-acid-nephropathy/

Just the fact that something has been used for thousands of years doesn't mean it's safe. Before we just didn't have the understanding and tools required to detect damage that occurs slowly and over time. Now we do, and we are finding that many ancient remedies are indeed pharmaceutically active and occasionally cause real harm.

I personally consider herbs better than hormonal birth control because they are a natural approach to balancing hormones whereas the pill isn't natural.

If herbs have any effect beyond placebo it's because they have pharmeceutically active ingredients. So they work exactly the same way as drugs do.

I'm not saying that drugs are perfect or anything like that. We should be careful with them. My points is that herbs are not that different.

And with herbs you have additional risk of unknown dosage, contamination and existence of other possibly pharmaceutically active ingredients.

Not to mention the fact that many companies have less than stringent manufacturing standards. That's why, when tested, herbs and supplements contain a wide range of active ingredients, sometimes multiple times of that listed on the label.

In other words, you just don't know what you are getting.

Again, I'm not saying that hormonal BC pills are perfect. I'm a man, so far be it from me to know much about them. But at least the safety and effectiveness is studied and reasonably well quantified.

#9 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:16 PM

SPIRO.

Coming from someone who's had cystic acne since age 13. Only thing that has worked for me so far has been 100mg spiro a day.

It's commonly used to treat PCOS.

I'm not saying that drugs are perfect or anything like that. We should be careful with them. My points is that herbs are not that different.

And with herbs you have additional risk of unknown dosage, contamination and existence of other possibly pharmaceutically active ingredients.

Herbs are just drugs you pull out of the ground Posted Image Though I will say you are far more likely to get really horrid side effects from a man-made drug because us humans are pretty good at making nasty concoctions

Edited by Green Gables, 21 June 2012 - 12:16 PM.

Please only quote a small portion of the post so it doesn't clutter up the thread. 

HOW I STAY 100% CLEAR:

#10 sepsi

sepsi

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:16 AM

Herbs are just drugs you pull out of the ground Posted Image Though I will say you are far more likely to get really horrid side effects from a man-made drug because us humans are pretty good at making nasty concoctions

Fully agree with this. Side-effects usually increase with effectiveness :)

#11 kalebattle

kalebattle

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:02 PM

I'm just going to continue to offer my opinion, for I believe it's a minority on this site.

With any medicinal choice there should come personal research. You have to be your own medical advocate, because your doctor will never know you as well as you do. Allopathic medicine prescribes to specific conditions, where as holistic and functional medicine looks at the individual with the condition. Not every medicine is going to work for each person because we are all biochemically unique. This is an aspect that herbs cater to more specifically than allopathic medicine does. Of course medicine is prescribed to each person by a doctor, but not everyone with acne has it for the same reason. And allopathic medicine isn't adaptogenic like some herbs. In fact, prescription drugs taken correctly cause 100,000 deaths in America each year. That's one person every five minutes. So if we're speaking about dangers that needs to be noted.

It's unfortunate that ancient medicines are seen by many now as antiquated or false, when their understanding of the human body was/is just as sophisticated. The holistic understanding was even deeper. We're wrong in thinking that we're a more sophisticated culture all around. Of course we are in some respects, but to look down on the past with disregard is a mistake. Yes herbs have been used for thousands of years, and our culture has thrived through it. Birth control pills haven't. Long term use is showing signs of infertility. In fact, the majority of couples who require in vitro to get pregnant were long term users of hormonal birth control. I'm not saying allopathic medicine doesn't do what it claims, I'm just asking, at what cost?

Everything, herb or pill needs can't just be taken on a whim. Because yes, herbs are medicinal, and they can have side effects. I can bring up many of the side effects and published studies of birth control dangers or list what I experienced, but I don't think it necessary in this post. This is the path that I chose, and I feel like a much healthier person now that I'm supporting my body and not experiencing any side effects. As it gets better, it just...gets better. No more side effects. But I'm not advocating anyone put all their eggs in one basket. I may treat my body holistically, but I've dedicated a lot of time to this and it isn't something I take lightly. It's my lifestyle, and I understand that it may not work for everyone. I just feel like I should put the information out there for people who are interested.

I'd be curious to see your sources about alternative medicine not having an effect, only because there are an overwhelming amount of published studies that show otherwise. They are not false, I will say that. But I'm not trying to convince you particularly, just make it known that what you stated is not fact. I don't think you're being an ass at all! I understand where you're coming from and I have an uncle who is a total devil's advocate so I know how to explain my beliefs without getting offended. I really appreciate this actually, I hope our conversation can help others make decisions they're confident in instead of shooting blindly and hoping it works. People need to research what's best for their individual needs!

Be well! :)

#12 sepsi

sepsi

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:31 AM

With any medicinal choice there should come personal research. You have to be your own medical advocate, because your doctor will never know you as well as you do.

Uhhmm.. I would argue that's quite dangerous. You may know yourself better than your doctor, but I would argue that doctors have a better understanding of what really matters in healing: human physiology and what causes diseases and how to treat them.

I'm not saying that the current scientific medicine is perfect, far from it, but it's leaps and bounds more effective than any other system. Also the diagnostic methods are not perfect and we don't have perfect understanding of all diseases. But given that a doctor can solve most health conditions I would say they are doing pretty well.

You aren't really advocating of being your own car mechanic advocate or doing your own research when your car has a problem. I'm not sure why you feel that way when it comes to your health, a topic far more complicated than machanics of a car.

Especially given the myriad of cognitive biases and flaws the humans suffer from. If there's anything the scientific method has taught us it's the fact that personal experiences and observations aren't very reliable. It's very easy to get misled by your own personal bias, which is the reason scientists control for those when they conduct studies.

It's unfortunate that ancient medicines are seen by many now as antiquated or false, when their understanding of the human body was/is just as sophisticated. The holistic understanding was even deeper.

Based on what? Based on the fact that nearly pretty much every culture has abandoned their pre-scientific way of medicine in favor of scientific medicine? Based on the fact that since adoptation of scientific medicine the human life expectancy has increased dramatically?

You can argue that that's partly due to improved standard of hygiene, which is true. But even that's a result of scientific method and the discovery of the germ theory. This 'deeper level of knowledge' had no idea of bacteria and pathogens and hence people were dying from easily treatable diseases. Because, try as you might, optimizing your liver qi ain't going to kill the bacteria and virus.

Here's a good blog post that deconstructs traditional Chinese medicine and the flaws in the arguments used to defend it.

http://www.scienceba...inese-medicine/

It's written by a doctor and a skeptic, so let's call it as the view from the other side Posted Image

I'd be curious to see your sources about alternative medicine not having an effect, only because there are an overwhelming amount of published studies that show otherwise.

Uhhm.. yes and no.. mostly no. Let me focus this on acupunture. For two reasons. It's quite well studies, and it doesn't use herbs because herbs in some cases are effective, simply because they have phamaceutically active ingredients. Acupuncture 'works' purely on the Chinese theory of health.

Yes, there are even some studies that show acupunture is effective. Science, like any human endeavour, is messy. As humans scientists bring their own biases into the research they do.

We also have to understand that not all studies are created equal. There's a hierarchy to scientific evidence. At the bottom are anecdotes and other personal experiences. Little more reliable are uncontrolled studies. Most of the positive acupuncture studies are uncontrolled, small-scale studies. And in every area of science, but in medicine in particular, uncontrolled and unblinded studies always produce lot of false positives.

That's why we can't rely on just a handful of studies. We have to look at the evidence as a whole, and especially the higher quality studies that employ proper controls and blinding. Those studies show that acupunture doesn't work. It doesn't matter where you stick the needle, it doesn't matter if the needles penetrate the skin (http://www.scienceba...e-for-migraine/), and heck you can even twirl toothpicks and get the same results (http://www.scienceba...-for-back-pain/).

All this points to the fact that needles doesn't matter. At best acupunture produces non-specific effects, a placebo. This happens in all areas of medicine. Simply talking to a doctor is enough to make some improvements. And emphatic the pratitioners produce bigger placebo responses (http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/16455221)

Anyway, pleanty of other acupuncture posts at the sciencebasedmedicine blog. Just click the acupuncture tag to see them all. They usually do a pretty good job at explaining the pitfalls in interpreting results from medical studies.

In fact, the majority of couples who require in vitro to get pregnant were long term users of hormonal birth control. I'm not saying allopathic medicine doesn't do what it claims, I'm just asking, at what cost?

This is a rather meaningless statement given how widely used the pill is. I also doubt that it's correct. Because a quick search on PubMed brought up no supporting evidence for that. Studies discussing risk factors for female infertility mention things like obesity, smoking and age, but don't talk at all about the pill. http://www.ncbi.nlm....ubmed/17456461/ and http://www.ncbi.nlm....bmed/20218991/.

Similarly papers on risks of oral contraceptives don't talk about infertility. Now, I didn't do a comprehensive review on this. But if the pill would be a major contributor to infertility I'm sure some of the papers would have mentioned it.

In fact, prescription drugs taken correctly cause 100,000 deaths in America each year. That's one person every five minutes. So if we're speaking about dangers that needs to be noted.

Uhhmm.. another bit of altie fear mongering. Nobody denies that drugs have side-effects. But you have to balance them against the benefits. This quote summarizes it nicely

Doctor-bashers use their numbers to argue that alternative medicine is safer. Maybe it is. I suppose not treating at all would be safer still. It depends on how you define “safe.” To my mind, a treatment is not very “safe” if it causes no side effects but lets you die. Most of us don’t just want “safe:” we want “effective.” What we really want to know is the risk/benefit ratio of any treatment.

The ironic thing is that all the statistics these doctor-bashers have accumulated come from the medical literature that those bashed doctors have written themselves. Scientific medicine constantly criticizes itself and publishes the critiques for all to see. There is NOTHING comparable in the world of alternative medicine.

When errors are identified, doctors take actions to prevent them. We are constantly trying to reduce the number of medication errors, the number of unnecessary surgeries, the overuse of antibiotics, etc. It’s one thing to say that more efforts are needed. It’s something else to condemn all of modern medicine because we imperfect humans have not managed to entirely eliminate all errors.

http://www.scienceba...th-by-medicine/

Again, I should state that I have nothing against alternative medicine as such. I just like to give the other side of the story as well and hopefully dispell few of the myths and fallacies surrounding it.

And if you find that the altie stuff works for you, then by all means keep using it.

Edited by sepsi, 25 June 2012 - 04:33 AM.

#13 kalebattle

kalebattle

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:25 PM

Agree to disagree, my friend.

You've pushed this in a direction I don't believe I want to pursue. I have no dog in this fight, and I wasn't trying to change your mind. My explanations come with peace. Oh but just to clarify, when I spoke of being your own advocate, I did not mean self diagnosing and prescribing. I meant doing personal research and not being afraid to speak up and ask questions of your doctor, not take the back seat. Research medicine that's prescribed to you before taking it blindly.

It's okay if you think I'm wrong, and for me to think you're wrong. We all want to be healthy, and I wasn't trying to force my beliefs on anyone. I have confidence in my choices because of my personal success. And I congratulate you with yours! It takes courage to have a strong opinion, but it's great to know where you stand.

Because basically,....whatever works.

Peace

#14 sepsi

sepsi

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:20 AM

Agree to disagree.. I can agree on that :)

Just to be clear, I have been where you are now. There was a time in my life I used to believe more into natural and holistic methods. I still do to some degree, but I take them with a big grain of salt. In the end they didn't work for me, but if you do think they work for you then I can respect your decision.

#15 kalebattle

kalebattle

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 June 2012 - 05:04 PM

:)

That's funny, because I can say the same thing to you too! Tried treating with western medicine, didn't work out. Whatevs. I wish you health and happiness nonetheless!

#16 MovieBuff

MovieBuff

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:01 AM

Sorry, I just gotta throw in my two cents here.

Regarding the efficacy of supplements: Some supplements have solid data behind them and are often recommended by allopathic medical doctors as well as naturopaths. Others have scant to no evidence supporting their efficacy. This can be because there simply haven't been any scientifically sound studies to demonstrate either efficacy or nonefficacy (case reports and anecdotes do not constitute scientifically sound. I'm talking about randomized controlled studies).
Most supplements/herbs out there would fall under this category.

Finally, there are those "natural" substances that have either been found to be actively detrimental or simply non-efficacious. I'll bring up the example of gingko biloba because it's pretty well known. There are several well conducted trials (I've read them) that fail to show any effect in slowing the progression of Alzheimer's type dementia. There is, however, at least one study that shows that there may be some cognitive benefit, even if it does not ultimately slow the disease progression. The overwhelming majority of neurologists and psychiatrists I have worked with do not feel that there is any benefit to using it in their dementia patients.

Finally I'd like to bring up a point that often gets glossed over. The primary argument for sticking with dietary supplements and herbs over "drugs" is that they're "natural" substances. But how do we define natural? Are we talking occurring in nature? Normally found in the human body? I'd like to point out that many of the harmful "drugs" with impossible to pronounce generic names and snazzy brand names are actually substances normally found in the human body, often used to replace the endogenous substance when it's underproduced.
Some examples: Synthroid (levothyroxine, or
thyroid hormone, for hypothyroidism), steroids (many uses, an example being in adrenal failure when the body can't produce its own), growth hormone, insulin, testosterone (many men are deficient for whatever reason). And these are just the ones off the top of my head.

And let us not forget the category of naturally occurring "drugs". Penicillin -- need I say more?

Basically I'm not commenting on whether you should or shouldn't use medications or herbs or dietary supplements. Nor am I passing judgment on the efficacy of one group over another. All I'm saying is that medical treatments are far more complex than prescription drugs versus natural supplements versus herbs. There is a lot of overlap between the groups. Any responsible practitioner should keep and open mind, and treat based on the evidence, not anecdotes and certainly not on some bias towards or against herbs/supplements/prescription drugs. I can say that as an allopathically-trained physician myself, I have attended numerous lectures on complementary and alternative medicine, given by all specialties -- acupuncturists, naturopaths, chiropractors, homeopaths, etc. I don't necessarily agree with it all, but I try to keep up to date and incorporate what I learn into my practice based upon the strenth of the evidence and how appropriate a treatment I think it to be.

Basically, my point is that no matter which side you tend to lean towards or what your training focused on, the future of medicine will undoubtedly depend on both tradition medicine and CAM. The goal is to treat illness, and treatment decisions need to be based on the evidence of efficacy weight against the potential for adverse effects.

Fin.

PS Sorry for the typos. I don't know how to edit on this thing.

#17 cosmic crusader

cosmic crusader

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:32 PM

Carrot juicing daily. A pharmacist told me ten years ago that juicing 5lbs of carrots would have the same dramatic results as accutane over the course of 6 months, and without the toxic side effects. I am on week 5 and beginning to see results.

Here is his website:
http://www.dreamsaes...ealth/acne.html

I also have PCOS :[ or at least cystic ovaries. Spiro did not work for me. I saw some relief with zinc, spearmint tea, maca, bio identical natural progesterone, etc but have not experienced the process of total healing before juicing carrots.

As far as the PCOS itself, I'm sure you've been bombarded with the low-carb thing. It's important to eat healthy fats, however, to support healthy hormone production. GOOD LUCK!

#18 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:06 PM

Carrot juicing daily. A pharmacist told me ten years ago that juicing 5lbs of carrots would have the same dramatic results as accutane over the course of 6 months, and without the toxic side effects. I am on week 5 and beginning to see results.

Here is his website:

I also have PCOS :[ or at least cystic ovaries. Spiro did not work for me. I saw some relief with zinc, spearmint tea, maca, bio identical natural progesterone, etc but have not experienced the process of total healing before juicing carrots.

As far as the PCOS itself, I'm sure you've been bombarded with the low-carb thing. It's important to eat healthy fats, however, to support healthy hormone production. GOOD LUCK!

He also suggests that AIDS can be cured by juicing carrots and "regaining harmony"....

HOW I STAY 100% CLEAR:

#19 Binga

Binga

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:26 PM

Here is his website:

Plain carrot juice will spike up your sugar levels plus it contains oxalic acid. Mix it with cucumber and celery. Also do hardcore yoga. Headstand and shoulderstand yoga strengthens the hormonal glands and insulin resistance.

#20 cosmic crusader

cosmic crusader

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:54 AM

Here is his website:

He also suggests that AIDS can be cured by juicing carrots and "regaining harmony"....

To be honest, I don't know that much about HIV/AIDS treatment options, but if I found myself in the early stages of something like cancer or HIV, you bet I'd be juicing my ass off. Addressing my acne as part of a systemic issue by juicing is a similar principle, and since I have had zero luck using local or topical applications, makes a lot of sense. Plus, it works.

Here is his website:

Plain carrot juice will spike up your sugar levels plus it contains oxalic acid. Mix it with cucumber and celery. Also do hardcore yoga. Headstand and shoulderstand yoga strengthens the hormonal glands and insulin resistance.

GREAT suggestions, thank you.

Edited by cosmic crusader, 11 September 2012 - 10:54 AM.