Photo

How To Permanently Cure Your Acne!

vitamin vitamins magnesium garlic vegetarian candida chemical peel oily skin

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
45 replies to this topic

#21 Omnivium

Omnivium

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 June 2012 - 12:47 AM

I've done all and everything posted by MysteryTutor. Sure it helps, at least a bit. But you don't have to go to the ridiculous extent he proposes. You can get the same results with a more moderate effort once you actually understand what and how you need to do.

What do we need to do?

How I Stay Clear:

• Accutane 5mg/day

• Probiotics 25 billion organisms/day

• Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser 2x/day

Low Dose Accutane Log

#22 sepsi

sepsi

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:35 PM

I've done all and everything posted by MysteryTutor. Sure it helps, at least a bit. But you don't have to go to the ridiculous extent he proposes. You can get the same results with a more moderate effort once you actually understand what and how you need to do.

What do we need to do?

What exactly you need to do varies a bit from person to person, but here's what I would recommend to start with:

- Cut out dairy from your diet, with the possible exception of homemade yogurt or kefir. If you react to those you can make yogurt (kefir I'm not sure) from soy milk also.
- Cut out gluten for 3 to 4 weeks to see if it helps. If not, then gluten is probably not a problem for you.
- Balanced diet. Some people say you should eat low carb. I don't think that's necessary. Studies have shown good results from balanced diets also. I think 50/30/20 (carbs/fat/protein) is a good ratio to start with.
- Get enough sleep
- Daily stress management, such as 15 t0 20 minute meditation/relaxation
- Gut healing and fix any digestive issues you may have. This is where fermented foods and probiotic supplements can help.

That's internal. Some people may need to do more, and exactly what foods to eat varies a bit depending on your sensitivities. Some people recommend to stay away from grain, but I think the evidence for that is flimsy at best. I also don't see any good reason to avoid beans and legumes (assuming you can digest them).

You also need to treat acne topically. Things like 5-alpha reductase inhibitors can to some degree mitigate the genetic sensitivity of your skin to hormones. Green tea extract is one. Saw palmetto can help also. There are also some studies supporting gamma linolic acid (such as found in evening primrose oil) and zinc.

Unfortunately the evidence for these is still flimsy. It's sad that these aren't studied more extensively. That said, the studies show promise. For example, green tea cream reduced sebum producion by 70% after 8 weeks of use. I wrote about other ingredients and studies here.

Then some good acne treatment product with at least salicyclic acid. BP is a bit more controversial. There are some downsides to BP (such as depleting vit E levels from the skin), but there's also no question it's effective. This is something you have to try and see for yourself.

Finally, a good facial moisturizer. Try to find something with vitamin E (it being the most important antioxidant protecting sebum from oxidation) and green tea (or some other ingredients discussed above).

This should get you started. :)

#23 Omnivium

Omnivium

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:56 AM

What exactly you need to do varies a bit from person to person, but here's what I would recommend to start with:

- Cut out dairy from your diet, with the possible exception of homemade yogurt or kefir. If you react to those you can make yogurt (kefir I'm not sure) from soy milk also.
- Cut out gluten for 3 to 4 weeks to see if it helps. If not, then gluten is probably not a problem for you.
- Balanced diet. Some people say you should eat low carb. I don't think that's necessary. Studies have shown good results from balanced diets also. I think 50/30/20 (carbs/fat/protein) is a good ratio to start with.
- Get enough sleep
- Daily stress management, such as 15 t0 20 minute meditation/relaxation
- Gut healing and fix any digestive issues you may have. This is where fermented foods and probiotic supplements can help.

That's internal. Some people may need to do more, and exactly what foods to eat varies a bit depending on your sensitivities. Some people recommend to stay away from grain, but I think the evidence for that is flimsy at best. I also don't see any good reason to avoid beans and legumes (assuming you can digest them).

You also need to treat acne topically. Things like 5-alpha reductase inhibitors can to some degree mitigate the genetic sensitivity of your skin to hormones. Green tea extract is one. Saw palmetto can help also. There are also some studies supporting gamma linolic acid (such as found in evening primrose oil) and zinc.

Unfortunately the evidence for these is still flimsy. It's sad that these aren't studied more extensively. That said, the studies show promise. For example, green tea cream reduced sebum producion by 70% after 8 weeks of use. I wrote about other ingredients and studies here.

Then some good acne treatment product with at least salicyclic acid. BP is a bit more controversial. There are some downsides to BP (such as depleting vit E levels from the skin), but there's also no question it's effective. This is something you have to try and see for yourself.

Finally, a good facial moisturizer. Try to find something with vitamin E (it being the most important antioxidant protecting sebum from oxidation) and green tea (or some other ingredients discussed above).

This should get you started. Posted Image

I have been trying these things for a while. I haven't eaten dairy or any grains in months, I have tried low sugar, low glycemic load and low fat diets, I sleep at least 7 hours a day, and I tried probiotics and plenty of other supplements, and I still have acne. Zinc is the only supplement that really helps. I didn't try meditation, but I don't think that would make much of a difference.

I thought zinc might be working because it inhibits DHT, so I started taking saw palmetto two days ago to see if that helps. I guess I should try topical DHT inhibitors too. For the green tea extract and saw palmetto, did you mean I should apply them topically? And where can I get that green tea cream?

It's weird how I always underestimate people on this forum. I thought you were just some guy who disagreed with the OP, but now I find out that you made an entire website devoted to clearing acne.

How I Stay Clear:

• Accutane 5mg/day

• Probiotics 25 billion organisms/day

• Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser 2x/day

Low Dose Accutane Log

#24 Sirvelocity

Sirvelocity

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 June 2012 - 04:28 AM

hey @sepsi
are consuming green tea everyday can reduce the appereance of acne ? and drinking apple vinegar with water will make a good result to acne ?

Edited by Sirvelocity, 08 June 2012 - 04:36 AM.

#25 sepsi

sepsi

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:14 PM

I have been trying these things for a while. I haven't eaten dairy or any grains in months, I have tried low sugar, low glycemic load and low fat diets, I sleep at least 7 hours a day, and I tried probiotics and plenty of other supplements, and I still have acne. Zinc is the only supplement that really helps. I didn't try meditation, but I don't think that would make much of a difference.

I thought zinc might be working because it inhibits DHT, so I started taking saw palmetto two days ago to see if that helps. I guess I should try topical DHT inhibitors too. For the green tea extract and saw palmetto, did you mean I should apply them topically? And where can I get that green tea cream?

It's weird how I always underestimate people on this forum. I thought you were just some guy who disagreed with the OP, but now I find out that you made an entire website devoted to clearing acne.

I understand your frustration. Acne can be a b****.

When you say you have tried those things, what does that mean? How long did you give them?

Also, it's very much possible that no single thing makes much of a difference on your skin, but combined they might make a big difference. Try to see them as each item adding points to your score :)

What about food allergies? Have you had any tests done? And I mean real tests, not talking about vega tests, muscle testing or other dubious tests offered by naturopathic practitioners.

I would highly recommend some meditation or relaxation program. Reading between the lines it seems that acne causes a lot of stress and frustration for you? That, unfortunately, can make it harder to get over it. Anyway, stress is a big factor behind acne. In my books it affects your skin much more than diet does. There's a neurotransmitter called Substance P and it's secreted during stress and anxiety. There are substance P receptors in the skin, and it can increase sebum production, inflammation and skin cell growth, i.e. all the pertinent factors behind acne.

And finally, there are real limits to what can be achieved holistically or internally. That's why you really need to treat acne externally also. To address the genetic disposition to getting acne.

Where to get green tea cream? I don't know too many brands, and I don't live in North America so I can't advice you on that. I know that Proactiv has green tea in their moisturizer. Most products in Exposed Skincare kit also contain green tea. I used Exposed and so far have had good results with it.

You can check local drug stores also. They should carry some suitable moisturizers.

And yes, green tea and saw palmetto should be applied topically.

are consuming green tea everyday can reduce the appereance of acne ? and drinking apple vinegar with water will make a good result to acne ?

Drinking green tea may help, but it's far less effective method of getting the ingredients into your skin. Of course green tea may help with insulin resistance and systemic inflammation, so it may help acne other ways.

ACV and water? I don't know what to say about that. Other than that it tastes horrible. Actually, I do remember some studies about the effect of vinegar on insulin resistance. Though not sure the effect is big enough to make any practical difference.

#26 blissbalance

blissbalance

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:40 PM

Right when you said sunscreen causes cancer is when I knew this is legit and I can trust you. I am doing this. I WILL have clear skin and lose weight while doing this as well. On that website, I could only find the Allicidin though, the other supplement does not show up. Is is absolutely necessary to take the other supplement? Please respond! I'm putting my trust into the knowledge you've displayed!

AM: CeraVe foaming cleanser

Paula's Choice 2% liquid BHA mixed with Paula's Choice vitamin C serum

Acne.org BP

Acne.org moisturizer

Paula's Choice SPF 30 sunscreen (physical sunscreen, do not use chemical sunscreen on the face, more likely to break out)

PM: CeraVe foaming cleanser

Acne.org BP

Acne.org moisturizer

1x per week: chemical peel (40% lactic acid or 30% glycolic acid)

Be hopeful and grateful at all times! Sunscreen is my BFF.

I looooove make up. You should never break out from your make up.

Your skin care products should be your base, most of it being absorbed into the skin. Make up is designed to sit on top of the skin.

#27 onefatalgoose

onefatalgoose

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:54 AM

It's funny to me how this discussion has completely transformed into something other than the original post, yet it's still somewhat related to the title. Not saying it's a bad thing

80%-20% Alkaline forming vs Acid forming Diet

`Organic~
                                                                            I don't consume:
                                                                                     *Dairy
                                                                               *Whole grains
                                                                             *Refined sugars
                                                                                 *Table salt
                                                                              *Vegetable oils
                                                                        *Processed/Fast foods
                                           *Genetically Modified Foods (GMOs)
                                                                      As well as the pesticides/herbicides that come with them

My philosophy: Less externally, more internally

Even taking long hot showers in chemically treated tap water is too harsh for acne prone skin

(And that's without a face wash)

This site is absolutely loaded with info on curing acne internally

#28 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:39 PM

I WILL have clear skin and lose weight while doing this as well.

It is very easy to maintain weight when you eat right. When you eat/drink the way humans should--predominately real, whole anti-inflammatory and nutrient dense foods in place of the processed, industrialized empty and nearly empty calorie foods that make up the typical diet today, you will also be retarding aging and the development of most of the health conditions nearly everyone around you suffers from. And it's prevent wrinkles and help you keep your hair.

Note, an anti-inflammatory diet meant no high glycemic meals, drinks or snacks. It doesn't matter how many carbs you do or don't eat. It's how you eat them.

Edited by alternativista, 14 June 2012 - 12:42 PM.

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#29 blissbalance

blissbalance

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 June 2012 - 02:34 PM

It is very easy to maintain weight when you eat right. When you eat/drink the way humans should--predominately real, whole anti-inflammatory and nutrient dense foods in place of the processed, industrialized empty and nearly empty calorie foods that make up the typical diet today, you will also be retarding aging and the development of most of the health conditions nearly everyone around you suffers from. And it's prevent wrinkles and help you keep your hair.

Note, an anti-inflammatory diet meant no high glycemic meals, drinks or snacks. It doesn't matter how many carbs you do or don't eat. It's how you eat them.

thanks! What are the high glycemic meals and snacks you recommend avoiding all together?? & my birthday is coming up soon, but I don't want to eat ice cream cake that my mom will buy! It has dairy, sugar, white refined flour, and it's just overall bad. Do you have any suggestions on what I could do instead? Thank you :DD

AM: CeraVe foaming cleanser

Acne.org BP

Acne.org moisturizer

Paula's Choice SPF 30 sunscreen (physical sunscreen, do not use chemical sunscreen on the face, more likely to break out)

PM: CeraVe foaming cleanser

Acne.org BP

Acne.org moisturizer

1x per week: chemical peel (40% lactic acid or 30% glycolic acid)

Be hopeful and grateful at all times! Sunscreen is my BFF.

I looooove make up. You should never break out from your make up.

Your skin care products should be your base, most of it being absorbed into the skin. Make up is designed to sit on top of the skin.

#30 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:03 PM

thanks! What are the high glycemic meals and snacks you recommend avoiding all together?? & my birthday is coming up soon, but I don't want to eat ice cream cake that my mom will buy! It has dairy, sugar, white refined flour, and it's just overall bad. Do you have any suggestions on what I could do instead? Thank you :DD

You don't necessarily have to avoid the food. You have to eat it in low to moderate glycemic meals. Fat and fiber lowers the impact, so eat/drink the high glycemic thing in combination/after low glycemic things. Also there's the amount you eat as in a small piece of a pure sugar candy can have a lower impact than a larger just about anything sweet or refined.

Have a small piece of your cake after you have a good low glycemic meal and or other things that lowers the impact such as a salad with a vinagrette dressing, handful of nuts, etc. You can also take a fiber supplement or two before having the cake. Or all of the above. Personally, I like to have some nuts with whatever cake, cookie or whatever. Especially commercially prepared ones that are nearly always way too sweet. But that's as much about taste as it is glycemic impact. And on that note, make sure that vinagrette isn't full of sugar. Panera Bread company, for example, has a raspberry salad dressing sweet enough to be desert.

And generally, don't drink sugar, but certainly do not drink sugary drinks throughout the day without a meal. And that includes juices.
Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#31 MysteryTutor

MysteryTutor

Rising Member

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:08 PM

@Alternativista I've seen most of your posts and they are very good. You seem very knowledgeable. However this is something that I've noticed and some of my friends have too not saying itll apply to all people. Before I did most of these fasts or cleanses I changed my diet permanently. I literally cut out everything. Thats how desperate I was. I cut out all dairy, gluten, refined foods, chicken. I basically became a vegetarian. This definitely helped. I also took many supplements and used tea tree oil on my skin with aloe vera or emu oil as moisturizers. However when I ate a cheat meal (once in a month) my acne flared up overnight. Also no one in my family has acne just an aunt thats on my step mothers side. So I'm just saying that fasts and cleanses may help a bit more overall, but I know for a fact that acne does go away once you change your diet.

Also @Sepsi you constantly said that you've done all these fasts and cleanses and that the effects are temporary. I mean I just feel like this would happen only if you started eating unhealthy foods again or resorted back to some diet where you ate lots of grains/ gluten/ dairy or non organic foods and unclean water. Your environment, food, lifestyle all do come into play. But I may be wrong.

by the way if most of you wanted to know the book where I got all this information from it is called AcneNoMore it is by Mike Walden a certified Nutritionist. It's at AcneNoMoredotcom. Almost everything that is in the book I have included in this post. Please atleast read all of it. Its not only about juice cleanses and fasts its also about stress and topical treatments.

Oh by the way I don't think I included this but unbalanced hormones also cause acne and they CAN be controlled. The liver generally deactivates hormones that are in the blood but this cannot happen when it is busy doing other things such as trying to rid itself of toxins because it is overloaded. There are many hormone controlling foods and cleansing the liver definitely helps control hormones.
Regimen
Steam my face to open up my pores.
Wash with warm water. (Must not be fluoridated) Fluoride can clogs pores.
Apply Tea Tree Oil soap or Apple Cider Vinegar.
Rinse and Moisturize with Aloe Vera, Emu Oil or Jojoba Oil

Use Tea Tree Oil diluted with jojoba oil for inflamed areas.
Lightly Exfoliate every day with sugar.

Diet
Eat lots of fruits and vegetables and chicken and beef. (Basically the Paleo Diet but with brown rice and Goat Dairy)
Completely cut out processed foods.
Probiotics come mainly from Goat Yogurt and Goat Milk
Recolonize the good bacteria with Goat Yogurt Enemas.

Essential Supplements
HCL to help digestion
Probiotics to recolonize bacteria
Diatomaceous Earth To Help scrub Mucous and drive parasites out of the Gut
Flaxseed Oil for Omega 3s
Iodine/Thyroid Supplements to combat fluoride absorption through shower water
Gluthatione( Master of all antioxidants)

Stress
Lots of meditation
Lots of Sleep (Circadian Rhythum)
Watch Comedy
Exercise Anaerobic is superior to Aerobic in controlling hormones)
Sunlight and Fresh Air are your best friends.
10-15 minutes of Sunlight can be very beneficial to the skin
Keep Plants around the House to clean the air.

#32 strax

strax

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:03 AM

I hate it when people even compare vegetables to fruit, or tell you to replace fruit with veggies. Vegetables can never be the base calories in ones diet, only root vegetables in the form of potatoes could be

#33 bobbi364

bobbi364

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:35 AM

I hate it when people even compare vegetables to fruit, or tell you to replace fruit with veggies. Vegetables can never be the base calories in ones diet, only root vegetables in the form of potatoes could be

yup, veggies do pack the minerals that we need though, should be eating 2-4% of your daily calories from veggies, which is like a head of romane lettuce, basically just eat a decent salad in with your other calories...

#34 poopman34

poopman34

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 June 2012 - 10:32 PM

Im going to try this, ill report back in 2 weeks.

#35 clambak3

clambak3

OG

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:11 PM

So many of these posts lol I agree that topicals don't do a whoooole lot and that cleansing your system can really help keep acne at bay but to come up with this mad concoction and to basically starve your body isn't a logical way for anyone to clear their skin or to lead a healthier life.

Eat right. Drink right. Get sleep. Every day. It's not as simple (I use the term very loosely) as "eat exactly this for a day, then this" and so on.. You'll make yourself nuts.

It's not even the fact that none of these generalizations are credible. It's impractical. If you're going to do a detox do a daily detox that includes a well-rounded diet.

yinyang.gifStephanie
AM & PM
Cleanse with Clean & Clear Sensitive Foaming Facial Cleanser
Moisturize with Simple Hydrating Light Moisturizer

Tone with Thayer's Rose Petal Witch Hazel Toner with Aloe Vera
*EVERY OTHER NIGHT: Raw Manuka Honey Face Mask overnight

Never felt happier with my skin! amused.gif

#36 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

~clean body, beautiful life~

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:47 PM

It really isn't that hard or crazy to do a detox or a cleanse. I do them quite often, with pretty much zero disruption to my life. Just saying...

Current Skin-Care Regimen (A work in progress):

Morning:

Gentle wash with DKR cleanser

Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% (Following Dan's Regimen)

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil (The  lotion alone wasn't hydrating enough)

Skin 79 Korean BB Cream (excellent stuff)

Evening:

Gentle Wash with DKR Cleanser

Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% (Following Dan's Regimen)

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil

#37 tuffluck

tuffluck

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:05 PM

I didn't read the entire post but I understand the gist of it and I will chime in and say that juicing 3 times a day with vegetables has done wonders for my skin and most importantly my mind, body, and spirit.

"Death approaches when you close your mind to the endless possibilities of the world"

#38 fjshadowz

fjshadowz

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:13 AM

i think you just copy the idea in the e-book Acne no more by mike walden .

#39 DYINGINSIDER

DYINGINSIDER

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:35 AM

Right we don't need to buy that book it is written in this forum so everybody save your money.Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#40 betsy91

betsy91

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:09 PM

Has anybody tried this?

Et Hoe Transit

This too shall pass....